Notices

my crashed 993/96 for sale as "no salvage Title"

Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Falcondrivr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard from a friend in the insurance business that one of the big insurance companies was able to put over 300,000 hurricane Katrina flood cars back into the market with clean titles. I will never buy a car that shows a LA history prior to 2006.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 PM
1985mb
User

Originally Posted by vjd3 View Post
When some old lady bolted out of a side street and totaled my 23k mile 95 C2 coupe in 2004, Oklahoma Foreign contacted me and offered to buy the salvage on the condition that I sign over the clean Massachusetts title to them without getting my insurance company involved in the transaction. I declined. It seemed obvious that they intended to repair the car and list it with a clean title and no record of the accident. If I recall correctly, they offered me a couple thousand more than I could have bought the wreck from the insurance company for myself had I wanted to part the car. Caveat emptor.
Kudos...good to know some people still have principles.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Gray993C4
User

Default Still have this car?

Very interested...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my crashed 993/96 for sale as "no salvage Title"

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: