Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire shop f'ed up my rim..what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:36 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Many Cars
I'm afraid that's the main reason we hear these stories. I once was waiting while I had new tires installed on my old Alfa and watched the tech use his airgun to tighten the lugnuts in a circle. I howled that he could warp my wheel doing that and he should use a X pattern to tighten and he just looked at me like I was the biggest A-hat in the world.
That's why he was changing your tires and you were driving an Alfa...
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2Many Cars
watched the tech use his airgun to tighten the lugnuts in a circle. I howled that he could warp my wheel doing that and he should use a X pattern to tighten
That would have pissed me off to no end......what a jacka$$..........this is like tire changing 101 !
Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
People regularly recommend this place in Silver Spring MD to me over the years, and it's the only place I go to for tires and wheel issues but they still mess up my wheels now and then with scratches. Fairly depressing...
Radial? Yeah, I went there a few times. Years ago.

If you truly want to have someone take exceedingly good care of your wheels, go to Ye Olde Tire Shop in Elkridge. Ask for John, and only John. If he's not there, leave. Better yet, call in advance. The place is a wheel repair shop that has the right equipment for removing & installing tires. Furthermore, John will take whatever measures necessary to leave your wheels in the same condition as when you arrived.

He's the only one who touches my 993 wheels. I've also had him install tires on my wife's XC90, and have sent other people to him.

The shop won't impress you, but his service will. 'Nuff said.

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
That's why he was changing your tires and you were driving an Alfa...
Pure gold.

Andreas
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

They repaired one of my wheels in the past. Not the cheapest guy in town but excellent work.

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Radial? Yeah, I went there a few times. Years ago.

If you truly want to have someone take exceedingly good care of your wheels, go to Ye Olde Tire Shop in Elkridge. Ask for John, and only John. If he's not there, leave. Better yet, call in advance. The place is a wheel repair shop that has the right equipment for removing & installing tires. Furthermore, John will take whatever measures necessary to leave your wheels in the same condition as when you arrived.

He's the only one who touches my 993 wheels. I've also had him install tires on my wife's XC90, and have sent other people to him.

The shop won't impress you, but his service will. 'Nuff said

Andreas
Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 561 Posts

What happened in the end?

Quick Reply: Tire shop f'ed up my rim..what should I do?