993 Forum 1995-1998

Does anyone know this Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
andrewlunka
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know this Turbo?

I have been looking at this car listed on Autotrader and Pelican for awhile, and I was just wondering if any one has looked at it or knows anything about it? It has similar mods to a car I missed out on here in Vancouver a few months ago so I know a little about the GT2 turbo conversion. Does anyone know about the "Protomotive 550 kit". I looked at the car fax and it came out clean, but I think I would want to check for a rear end crash as the euro bumper was added as well as the turbo s wing. The seats look to be in not the best shape, but I would want to upgrade to sports seats anyway down the road. It's priced a little high, I think the value is closer to $65k. This car is on the other side of the country, so before I even consider looking at it would be nice to get some input.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Seller's Description and Comments
asking $72,500
1996 Porsche 993 Twin Turbo: Beautiful Midnight Blue over Marble Grey, Full supple leather with heated seats, Factory carbon interior from Porsche ( not aftermarket ) The car has many upgrades including rear bumperett delete, Factory Turbo S tail, Full H&R suspension with sway bars, Protomotive 550 kit with GT2 K/24 turbos, Gretty boost controller, 97 ECU, RS light weight flywheel with GT2 disc, sport mufflers with factory chrome oval tips. The car also has factory 6 disc CD changer with digital sound pkg. custom VDO boost gauge mounted in center console. I previously owned this car for about 6 years before selling to a good friend who bought it for his wife. I recently bought it back to add to my collection but having a new baby has changed my priorities. Car has never been tracked and although it has many performance upgrades it was never abused!!! The car has always been maintained and I have the full service records. All performance upgrades and maintenance were done at Protosport in NJ when I owned it and then my friends who I sold it to, also serviced it at Protosport. So I have never really lost touch with the car and always knew how the car was being cared for. The car is being offered with 19 RUF wheels. If you do not wish to have these wheels I can install factory 18 turbo twist s and reduce the price by $3500.00. This is truly a great car and certainly one of Porsche s best ever built!

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this Turbo?