Notices

Advice on Brake Pad Sensor Wire Please

Old 12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
911Jetta
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr View Post
What eric said.
Mine were constantly crumbling every time I changed my pads (a lot) and wouldn't fit snugly into the pad anymore. The little metal clips would break off too. So I tied them back out of the way. Problem solved. I change pads so frequently that I can tell when I need new pads anyway.
+2
Old 05-26-2018, 06:34 PM
KNS
User

I’m bumping this ancient thread, while there are several covering this topic this one seemed as relevant as any other...

I’m replacing brake pads and I spliced and soldered the old sensors together. I cut the sensor wire several inches from the plastic plug-in, soldered the two wires together and put put heat shrink on it and zip tied it out of the way.

Went for a drive to bed the pads in but the wear indicator light is on. Did I miss something? How do I clear the light? I purchased new sensors just in case. I’d rather not use them (as designed) but I’d hate to cut up new sensors and still have the light. Is the light supposed to clear on its own?

I’ve done brakes on lots of cars before (and older 911s) but this is the first time on the 993.

Thanks...
Old 05-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Endoman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Should clear on it's own did it on the 944, 993 still has it's wear sensors. Check plug is fully in and splice/solder is good. Photo from Jackal's site
Old 05-26-2018, 08:30 PM
KNS
User

Endoman,

Thanks for the picture, I think I’ll go back and trim then some more to match yours.

I checked again and the right front plug wasn’t pushed in all the way. I started the car and the light was out(!). On to the rear brakes...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice on Brake Pad Sensor Wire Please

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: