993 Forum 1995-1998

Hard back sport seat dis-assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 07:46 PM
ppomes
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reseating lever cover clips?

How did you manage tucking the seat clips in without scratching the hardback surface?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:57 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I havent done this yet but I plan on using a razor blade for this. I used one to take two of the clips out and it worked quite well. I'll let you guys know if it worked or not.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:00 PM
gvnhj
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I give up. I've tried searching the forum as well as broader internet searches. I'm trying to remove the hard back from my sport seats so they can be painted. Anyone have pointers or instructions on how get the hard backs off?
Old 08-13-2015, 04:50 PM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gvnhj
Ok, I give up. I've tried searching the forum as well as broader internet searches. I'm trying to remove the hard back from my sport seats so they can be painted. Anyone have pointers or instructions on how get the hard backs off?
I know you're a newb but I find it hard to believe you weren't able to find anything using the search. Especially since it's right there in post #42 of this thread.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by ppomes
How did you manage tucking the seat clips in without scratching the hardback surface?
Originally Posted by MartinC2S
I havent done this yet but I plan on using a razor blade for this. I used one to take two of the clips out and it worked quite well. I'll let you guys know if it worked or not.
I'll add 2 things to the instructions in this thread.

1. It was easier for me to remove the ***** from the sides of the seats BEFORE removing the Allen screws. That way the shell is still fixed and can be used as structure to carefully pry the ***** off.

2. When tucking the rubber teeth and seat clips back in during reassembly, I found it helpful to sit behind the seat, squeeze the part of the cushion you're tucking and pull rearward the seat cover. This will give the teeth and clips some slack so they can be tucked in easier and they'll be flatter against the groove they're going into. With the extra slack, I was able to easily push on the bead in the leather to get the teeth in place.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Hard back sport seat dis-assembly?