OT ~ Thank you for the words of encouragement

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts
Default OT ~ Thank you for the words of encouragement

Hi Guys.

I just wanted to thank you all for all the wonderful words of encouragement I've received from so many of you since I told you about my little 'bump in the road' of life. What a wonderful community we have here and I hope it never ever changes. Support is a wonderful thing. You have no idea how much it helps until you really need the support yourself. I'm touched. Really touched.

My first surgery is scheduled for Dec 8th and after that I'll be home for 3 to 4 weeks. I had no idea it would be that long. No working out (lifting jogging) for at least 6 weeks. I'll do whatever my two surgeons tell me to do. I also thought it was all going to be done in one long surgery, but it will take two surgeries about three months apart if I want to look like I do now (and I'd like to). That's okay with me. I'll only have to be off of work a week for that one, just like anyone else getting an augmentation.

I don't care what I have to do. I just want to get back to being JoAnne again. I am so blessed to have caught this so early. Make your wives and GF get those Mamo's yearly. Do not skip, do not let them say, it doesn't run in my family (it doesn't in mine either), just have them do it. It's important. VERY Important!

Again, Thank you.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know our thoughts and prayers are with you! You know my number if there is ANYTHING we can do during your recovery.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:28 PM
tkrtape12
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you I had my wife read this and she's made an appointment... Thank you and our prayers are with you as well. PM
Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must have missed some earlier posts with regards to what is happening with your health. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to hear about this, but my mother and my wife's mother are both survivors. You will join a club with plenty of support so do not fret there are plenty of people out there to help if you need it.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by 95C4VanIsle
I must have missed some earlier posts with regards to what is happening with your health. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Right after I did the Race for the Cure here in Little Rock I had my routine Screening done. The next day I got a call to come back, something was 'abnormal'. A few days later, I went back in for an additional couple shots and when the doctor came in to talk to me just knew. She said she was on the fence about what she saw. She thought it was more than likely nothing, but thought a biopsy would be the right thing to do just to make sure. They were tiny. I had a needle (stereo vacuum) biopsy done a few days later. The next day I got the call that change my life while at work. This was not just another scare (I've had a few since the age of 28). I had breast cancer.
I was lucky. I got the 'best' kind to get if you are unlucky enough to draw the 'c' card. I will be fine. I am blessed. Who would ever think that someone who just found out they had something as scary as bc would say they are lucky and blessed, but you know what? I am. I'm going to be so much stronger once this is behind me. Sometimes we all need a good swift kick in the pants to wake us up. This was mine.

Never would have thought it would be me. I am the first in my family to have it, but like my breast surgeon said: "Why NOT you?" She has a Down's syndrome child and her entire family is Doctor's. She is considered one of the best breast surgeons in the state. Why her? She has a valid point. Why not me? Why not her? Why not you?

Don't mess around. Get it done.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Great advice for the ladies, JoAnne. It's good you caught this early. I also showed this thread to my gf. Thank you and God bless
Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

We will be praying for quick healing and fast recovery, plus with that positive attitude you have, I believe you are going to be fine don't let nothing discourage you, last year I had a KIDNEY transplant and now I feel like the old ME and yes I you are BLESSED
Old 11-13-2011, 11:39 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just read this JoAnne and want to add that you will be in our prayers also. You might not remember, but you helped me several years ago with a project my daughter had in High school and we wanted to get in touch with Jerry Seinfeld...it didn't happen, but it was fun asking and my daughter from then on thought the "Rennlist" community was pretty cool and continues to this day. Thanks again and we all look forward to getting this behind you.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Joanne,

Sorry I missed thenews also. You will be in my prayers.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:47 PM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the explanation JoAnne. Prayers are still there.

I also have shown this thread to my wife. She, usually, has an annual mammogram. Usually, will now turn into annually. We are the ones that should be thankful for your input.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck for a speedy recovery JoAnne. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at 58, and has been healthy and cancer-free for the last 14 years. STay strong and take care of yourself.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

JoAnne you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up and fight the good fight. I'm sure it is just another bump in the road of life but you are a special person and good things happen to good people. All the best to you.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thank you guys. If my putting this out there gets just ONE women to decide to do her Mamo's annually instead of just once in a while or never, then it was worth my making this news public.

It is THAT important.

Hugs to you all.....
Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow, missed this story, I am really happy to hear that you will not be a victim of this terrible disease! My wife, like Bret's, is not as consistent as she should but, and I figure she should be consistent as I am about going to the doctor yearly and getting the finger u.... I mean checked up~

Best wishes on your recovery !

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: OT ~ Thank you for the words of encouragement