Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Silly Sticker Question - Passenger Window

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, as I said, I just got the car 1 week ago today and have only seen it 2x because central CT is a literal disaster area (still no power / heat). So yes, the sticker was there for 15 years but it only took me a day to wonder why it was still there and if there was any reason it should be left there or removed. Thanks to the "originality" reply - one of the few serious replies to a serious question. Both read the exact same and about the bumpers. One is white background the other clear with white on top. Surely 99% of these were removed by the selling dealer before people drove off - or by the new owner once arriving home and thinking "what the heck are those 2 stickers?!..."

So, it sounds like if I plan to enter Concours, leave them alone. Otherwise, maybe remove them and keep them with some sort of non-stick backing and leave them with documentation on the car.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 11-07-2011, 10:52 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

silly sticker question turns serious!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:00 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I would remove them. They would be distracting to me when driving. My car doesn't (or no longer has them) and it's NEVER been mentioned by judges in any Regional or Zone event I've entered. The `Porsche Driveblock' stickers on the rear quarter windows are still in place on my car.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonCT
Thanks to the "originality" reply - one of the few serious replies to a serious question. Both read the exact same and about the bumpers.
I am not sure where you would place my post to your thread. You asked for information with regards to your stickers. I stated that I have two stickers, which is correct. I didn't state that they were both white with black lettering, which they are, and perhaps I should have done that to clarify my post. But they are both there and I can provide a picture for verification.

One says my bumpers are safe in a 2.5 MPH, the other a 5 MPH, crash (?) without serious damage to the car. So at least mine are different than yours. That may be because the car I own is a car originally sold in the US. I purchased the car and imported it to Canada.

I just hope that I don't have a 2.5, or a 5 MPH crash (?) with my car. Apparently that can be expensive, or so I have heard .
Old 11-08-2011, 02:36 AM
J.Graham
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have both stickers but they are on the rear passenger window. Not planning on removing them- but don't think I could live with them on the front passenger window!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Christian J
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have the Sony sticker on my TV. It's only a problem when the puck goes in the corner.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

FWIW - These two came on my '95 coupe and are on the right side rear quarter window, just behind the 'B' post. The gold metallic gold is starting to fade somewhat so the time is near for it to disappear.

Andreas, I apologize in advance for the dust on the inside window rail. It is from a summer of sunroof and window open motoring and will be corrected over the winter.

Best Regards,
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

you still have it stuck to your window..?? If I bought my car new and it had that, it'd be gone in like 3 minutes..
Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Brett - you were one of the helpful and serious ones I was poking fun at some of the comments...

I did get a close up look today and they are the same sticker, just the clear one on bottom and the white background one on the bottom. I am going to have to remove them, but I'll keep them for posterity.

Thanks all!

(any chance this thread will die a quick death?)

Quick Reply: Silly Sticker Question - Passenger Window