curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover

Gerry-- Thought I recognized your 'mugshot!' LUV your avatar

Shot I took last I had the opportunity to admire your ride:
Originally Posted by Gerry Kokoszka

Hi Jäger-- I appreciate the admiration. Coming from someone who built what you did is quite a compliment. Sorry you couldn't make it.

If you are still keeping the car in Southern California and feel like getting up early on a Saturday morning with your busy travel schedule, people at Cars and Coffe would definately appreicate what you have created.

Great to hear from you, hope to see you soon, Happy Holidays!
Gerry-- Thanks for the kind words! Really enjoy crossing paths with ya year after year in CA with the 993 faithful. Seeing the familiar faces & fine rides from your last GTG, I'd LUV to meet up again.
Greatly appreciate the invitation, but my 993's much further east right now -- near Palooza, to give a 'raincheck' ride to a great RLer friend who couldn't make it to CA for Rennsport Reunion.

Luckily, another buddy's a regular in Irvine, as you'll see from his blog, digitalDtour.wordpress.com.

We met when he photographed "Speedy" at Dana Point. He then accepted my request to grab RLer JPP's glorious "SpeedArena" at Laguna Seca.

Here's photographer Chris F.'s latest 993 shots, posted Dec 13 on his "GT3 cup cars, the elusive White GT3 RS4.0, a Scion FR-S and more…" blog entry.
(Click each image for its super-huge original resolution) :
Originally Posted by digitalDtour

Saturday morning as I pulled into the parking lot at Cars and Coffee / Irvine, and made my way towards the row where I usually park, I was greeted by 356s and 911s from the 90s.

Last edited by curve lover; 02-20-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: fix ded pic lnx
Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thumbs up digitalDtour.wordpress.com

If you LUV what you see, leave Chris F. a reply on his blog, digitalDtour.wordpress.com, or 'like' it.

More of his Irvine get together pics, posted Dec 7 on his "Good Karma, an assemblage of Porsche 993′s, Pantera’s bearing gifts and the Woody car club hosts Toys for Tots……" blog entry.
(Click each image for its super-huge original resolution) :

Saturday morning, December 3 started off cold and breezy, as the sun began to rise over Cars&Coffee in Irvine. Check out the assemblage of Porsche 993′s that had begun arriving in mass. Due to the size of the group, they chose to park towards the back of the lot, to ensure there were enough spaces for all of their group.

Last edited by curve lover; 02-20-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: fix ded pix lnx
Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Jager. I'm 2nd to last in this batch.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude
Thanks, Jager. I'm 2nd to last in this batch.
Boy, glad i washed my car... I'm after Chuck, Black C2 with the Rennlist and FD motorsports stickers.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 PM
993C4RS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting pics of my ride!

Don't pay attention to the swirl marks...
It's been a while since I gave it a good polish & wax..

I love how long this thread is lasting.. Lets start thinkin' of another meet
after the new year??
Old 12-19-2011, 02:02 PM
AKA930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More often we get together at Red Car and or Redondo Beach Brewery during the week for Rennlist gatherings.

Haven't had one in a while, so maybe around the new year we can get together for some drinks.
I have found it best to simply pick a date and see who can make it. It is never perfect, as there is always someone that is unavailable etc...[/QUOTE]

Red Car would be great! The one in old Torrance, right?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes: http://www.redcarbrewery.com/

my wife was there twice last week!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Talking more 993 LUV

Originally Posted by dcdude

Thanks, Jager.
Originally Posted by Kika

I'm after Chuck
Originally Posted by 993C4RS

Thanks for posting pics of my ride!
No worries; thanks to Kika for organizing, & all for giving my buddy's camera gorgeous scenery!
More 993 LUV by Chris F. posted yesterday on his digitalDtour blog entry...

"Christmas Porsches, a McLaren MP4-12C, Lamborghini Aventador, and a chance encounter with two car culture giants…:"
Reminder to click each image for its high-rez version

A week before Christmas and all through the lot, the Porsches were searching for that ideal parking spot… at Cars and Coffee.
The Porsche faithful were queued up in their usual row, with these two beauties positioned towards the middle of the row, in holiday color thus the title “Christmas Porsches”…

And assembled on each side, were a variety of other Porsche present for the mornings event…

And a few more Porsches parked along the row…

Tri-5 Chevrolet Bel Air …

Parked behind the Bel-Air was this brand new, Volcano Orange McLaren MP4-12C. And next to the McLaren, was a brand new pearlescent satin white Lamborghini LP 700-4 Aventador.

As the cars began thinning out, we came across this very cool black, full fendered 1932 Ford Roadster.

As I was shooting the car, the owner walked over and introduced himself as ” Bruce” to my friend Dave and I. I suddenly realized that “Bruce” was in fact Bruce Meyer, the renowned Los Angeles based car collector and active participant on the classic, hot rod and sports car scenes. He shared with us that he had come to Cars& Coffee that morning with his friend, Barry Meguiar. Yes, that Barry Meguiar, of Meguiar’s car care product fame, and the host of the cable TV show Meguiar’s Car Crazy.

Bruce then mentioned someone from his group that morning making a comment that he and Barry Meguiar were like” two peas in a pod”, to which they responded saying they were more like “two B’s in a Rod” (Bruce and Barry and the ’32 Ford). With that, a photo opportunity was warranted, to document the two friends enjoying the mornings car show and Bruce’s ’32 Ford roadster…

This encounter was the epitome of what the car hobby and the Cars&Coffee event is all about; the opportunity to share ones passion for cars with friends, and the making of new friends along the way. With our impromptu photo session completed, Bruce and Barry wished everyone a Merry Christmas, the roadster was fired up, and off they rumbled to continue on their morning drive.

“Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays” to all from digitaldtour…

Last edited by curve lover; 02-20-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: fix ded pic lnx
Old 12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

^^^^^^Only in SoCal.....

Quick Reply: Dec 3, Irvine Cars & Coffee: So Cal Rennlisters GTG