Received 143 Likes on 85 Posts

I took my chance with this one from sears before they close and it worked

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-unive...1&blockType=G1

QN
Old 08-10-2015, 01:08 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one identical to the OP's and used it for years professionally and it always served me well. Mine was made by Lisle and was one of the first tools I bought when I became a bumper-bumper technician. They can really dig in and put some torque on stubborn, over-tightened filters! On some cars the filter is in too tight to the oil-pan though and you need something different.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:24 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sacman
i'm doing my oil change for the first time and the filter to the engine is stuck. I went and bought one at autozone and it's bent as I turn. is there another way out? I'm almost done as this is the last filter to get out and refill the oil. Thanks.

QN
Did you use the tool in posting #1 - it squeezes the filter the more twist you put on?

What exactly bent? Did you get the filter out?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-10-2015, 01:33 AM
sacman
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Did you use the tool in posting #1 - it squeezes the filter the more twist you put on?

What exactly bent? Did you get the filter out?

Cheers,

Mike
I did buy the tool in posting #1 from Autozone while it does grab on the filter its metal is not strong enough to withstand the twist. It's bent as I turn. I bought one from Sears and its metal was much stronger and it worked for me.

QN
Old 08-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Emo993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Cosmic 993, I've had this for thirty years and it is just the best. And small enough to get the small 993 filter out with no problem....Best, Mark
Attached Images   
Old 08-10-2015, 03:17 PM
NYC993
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sacman
I did buy the tool in posting #1 from Autozone while it does grab on the filter its metal is not strong enough to withstand the twist. It's bent as I turn. I bought one from Sears and its metal was much stronger and it worked for me.

QN
That's what I used as well during my first oil change. It actually bent and ripped the filter a bit. Afterwards, I made a mistake of not tightening the small filter enough where it leaked a bit. So make sure you give it good half turn with the tool.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:17 PM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC993
That's what I used as well during my first oil change. It actually bent and ripped the filter a bit. Afterwards, I made a mistake of not tightening the small filter enough where it leaked a bit. So make sure you give it good half turn with the tool.
I did the same thing and the "wrench" mangled the filter to shreds. There was no way to get the thing off other than to punch a screwdriver through it and twist it around. I sweat to god the idiot before me used an oil filter impact wrench to get that thing on there. My oil change took 12 hours and two days.

I pray the next one will be half that.

Quick Reply: Ingeneous oil filter wrench