Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Opinion of Rennline adjustable gas pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 02:43 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinion of Rennline adjustable gas pedal?

A PO of my Turbo installed a set of drilled pedals some time ago. The surface ha s worn a bit so now I am thinking of replacing them...but more importantly I am thinking of also replacing the perfectly goo accelerator pedal. I am thinking of getting the adjustable gas pedal from Rennline. It's a very nice piece and replaces the entire pedal vs many other aftermarket gas pedals that are just screwed on top of the factory pedal...but it's also pricey because of the adjustability. So my question for those who have purchased it is "is the adjustability worth the extra cost"?!?

Here's a link to the one I am considering:

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Rev...uctinfo/A12.2/
Old 10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

As with the other Rennline stuff, it's very well made with quality parts.

I ordered one, but ultimately did not install it.

I recall that the pedal assembly is made up of numerous individual components (screws, spring, adjustment rod) that got me thinking about the inhospitable life my pedals live, esp. on the track. Did not want to risk things coming disassembled at speed.

If I really wanted a wider pedal, I'd look for something in one piece. I am quite happy with the stock pedal in retrospect. Heel and toe is fine with some height adjustment.

Best,

Matt
Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 PM
hagar
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed RENNLINE dead pedal,clutch,break and gas with side extensions PURFerated and also the floorboard. looks amazing and works as good as they look!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM
ETW
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any other way to bring the gas pedal up closer in height to the brake?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:09 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ummm, brake harder?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 PM
FD Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 89 Likes on 26 Posts

The Rennline pedal looks like a nice product, no personal experience with it though

The Hargett pedal is good also http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page1692.htm
Old 10-04-2011, 08:10 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ETW
Heel-toe instead of trying to get both pedals with the toe. Heel on the gas, toe on the brake and then....
Originally Posted by KaiB
ummm, brake harder?

I practiced this a lot on the freeway on-ramps and on the street driving to work and now its effortless. I didn't really want to spend the cost for the fancy pedal and then you are dependent on having the pedals and can't do it in another car without them. I adapted to the car instead of adapting the car.

A PO had put on AL pedals and I took them all off and went back to the stock rubber clutch/brake covers and the plastic gas pedal. They work just fine and I never liked most of the AL pedals because they were slippery...there are better ones out now however. The gas pedal does feel a bit cheap though.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 AM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the aluminum Rennliine pedals with the little rubber grommets. They look very nice and work really great - not slippery at all. I used the adjustable gas pedal to raise the gas to be a bit more even with the brake...makes the h/t really easy. Didn't bother to get the pedal extensions because elevating the gas pedal made it so there's no need for a bigger pedal. I highly recommend them.
No affiliation, etc.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

David. this was my answer to that question. Very happy!
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 AM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ETW
Yes there is. Buy one of the alum pedal and add washers or spacers between the alum pedal and the oem plastic pedal underneath.

You can also lower the brake pedal too you know.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have the full set of Rennline pedals in my C2S, aluminum, with the rubber nubs, and the red annodized aluminum "wings". I highly recommend them! My ability to heel-and-toe is MUCH improved and the adjustability is great! No affiliation, of course... Just a happy customer.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found the screw-mounted pedal to be the perfect height for heel-toe (although I actually roll my foot on to the gas). I tried a number of shims, to adjust the height of the pedal, but I settled on the original install. YMMV
Old 10-05-2011, 02:13 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to add another $.02 from my personal experience with raising/shimming the gas pedal. I did raise it up to 1/2 inch to match the brake pedal....but this made driving uncomfortable as now my heel catches on the pedal and requiring me to lift my feet more in everyday driving. It's just annoying especially with heel-toe.

I ended up just leaving the gas pedal alone and lowering the brake pedal which made things much more balanced...brake, gas, AND clutch.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Bham993
Intermediate

I'm pretty much a track rookie - I think I've got 8 or 9 DEs under my belt, but the adjustable pedal made it a LOT easier for me to h/t. Money well spent in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

I also have the Rennline Rev2 pedal. Overall I am please and echo the easier heel and toe comment of others. I installed the full four piece set and really enjoy the dead pedal.

I only have two negatives.
1. The Lloyd Mats and carpet do not fit under the accelerator. I use the Rennline Track mats instead, but I do sometimes miss the softer carpeting.
2. The new accelerator is closer to the seat. The puts your ankle at a funny angle. It is not a big deal on short around town drives or on the track, but gets fatiguing on long trips. At the point my ankle gets tired I switch on the cruise control.

Hope this helps,
--Joe

Quick Reply: Opinion of Rennline adjustable gas pedal?