Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:25 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Trollometer is way off the scale here. Maybe someone trying to drive away the competition by calling into question the masculinity of potential buyers. Fat chance of that happening. To me this is one of the best colors available on the 993, and I've only seen it in pics.
Now sea foam green or raspberry is a completely different story
Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
you had me right up till the "like my steak medium well" line. Honestly, I've lost quite a bit of respect for you jonathan.
at least I am honest... (?)
Old 10-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 446 Posts

I don't know ZR1, but can say as a relative newcomer to the Porsche world, the light blues do look quite feminine to me and those non-porschephiles that I have shown this thread to. I prefer Vesuvius when it comes to the unusual p-car colors. That said, I get how some like the color and can see these cars bringing a premium price. The problem with this car is the interior color - it just doesn't match well and that will have an impact on the price. I know I could get used to the exterior if I owned the car, but everytime I opened the door I would be disappointed...
Old 10-01-2011, 03:19 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Right. And that's ok - the part about thinking light blues look feminine. Some think silver is boring, some think black is too common, and so on and so on. No issue there. I think the issue is with the sexist comments that frankly sound much more like they are coming from an insecure 18 yr old homophobe boy than a woman...because of the WAY they were being made.

Anyways, lets get off that and back to cars. I do definitely agree with you about the interior. I think that the bright oranges, greens, blues look great on Porsches. I think that is why they put them on the old and new RS cars. But the best interior match is black. I would need to see this car in person, but for the low mileage, last year, paint-to-match, etc...its just so rare that I could get over the interior color.

Here is a picture of the oh so feminine Riviera Blue on a 993 RS and a shot of my oh so missed Guards Red, which is another bright color I love on these cars...
Attached Images   
Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
zr1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riviera Blue looks feminine to me. Your homophobe comments are immature. My husband and children love his 993, and what sign up for an account, was the fact he spends so much time on here, i wanted to check it out. He mentioned the RB car which led me to the thread. I told him it reminds me of a Milwaukes Best beer commercial.

Hey, more power to you, enjoy. LOL
Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

FYI, Riviera Blue is a colour you need to see in person. Pictures make it look a lot lighter in tone than it is "in the metal."

As to zr1, welcome aboard. Perhaps an introduction thread might help? Just a little constructive criticism: commenting on an individual's taste, let alone issues such as masculinity, is probably not the best way to introduce yourself to this forum. Would you question these qualities of someone you just met off the street? Again, not trying to provoke, just hoping you might show a little more tact.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:27 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1
Riviera Blue looks feminine to me. Your homophobe comments are immature.
One could say that implying a sexual or gender bias to any color smacks of immaturity and ignorance.

Tell you what, we won't go to the make-up/fashion sites and make moronic statements that offend and make us look like an idiot. In return, maybe you could hand the keys to this site back to hubby. You clearly don't know how to drive here.

Go get a mani/pedi and watch "Beaches". That seems more suited to your speed
Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
a shot of my oh so missed Guards Red, which is another bright color I love on these cars...
To me that was the nicest 993 ever to grace this forum. When you got it I was so jealous of you and when you sold it I felt sorry for you. The painted seat backs, low miles and that gorgeous color made it a one of a kind car. No RB could ever match that stunning car. You should try to buy it back !!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:56 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ Agreed: images of Jon's GR beauty are still pleasantly burned into my memory.

Speaking of images...
Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit

This
Originally Posted by Michael S.

thread
^^ ... is BETTER with pics

Old 10-01-2011, 04:58 PM
zr1
Track Day

I don't want to introduce myself, I have no desire to join the boys club. He asked me to create my own account, because I have an opinion. If I wanted to say the same thing as you, I would use his account. I assume that is the "tact" you desire. I'm not sure of Goofballdeluxe, he scares me but not in a physical way. I mentioned his name to my husband and he rolled his eyes.

Back to the thread topic. RB on a 993 looks feminine. That may be perfect for Sullivan. Enjoy!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:03 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Color is personal preference, but the reason I bought this car was the color. It is AMAZING in person and most people that have seen it would say the exact same thing. I would be DDing it today if it wasn't so rare.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:05 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

I also love the the orange and green RS's. 911's look great in bright colors.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1
I don't want to introduce myself, I have no desire to join the boys club. He asked me to create my own account, because I have an opinion. If I wanted to say the same thing as you, I would use his account. I assume that is the "tact" you desire. I'm not sure of Goofballdeluxe, he scares me but not in a physical way. I mentioned his name to my husband and he rolled his eyes.

Back to the thread topic. RB on a 993 looks feminine. That may be perfect for Sullivan. Enjoy!
Actually the "tact" I spoke of was one of politeness. Obviously something beyond your grasp.

Enjoy your stay here.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1

No wonder your hubby spends his time on here. I feel sorry for him. Your last name isn't Bachmann, is it? That would explain a lot
Old 10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 993S
To me that was the nicest 993 ever to grace this forum. When you got it I was so jealous of you and when you sold it I felt sorry for you. The painted seat backs, low miles and that gorgeous color made it a one of a kind car. No RB could ever match that stunning car. You should try to buy it back !!
Yes. Moronic is the only word that works for that sale. And yes, have tried to find it in extreme ways. No luck. The guy I sold it to bought it with a left over tax credit at the local Lambo dealer. That is where I delivered it and they wrote me a check. Crazy. My understanding is that he sold it not long after. I have emailed and called him many times. Tried finding by VIN, etc. No luck. It was a gorgeous car no doubt.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....