Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 01:34 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1
I'm still confused on the level of interest from this car. It's very nice for your wife or girlfriend no doubt. I can't see a man behind the wheel of this car. However, there are all types of men.
You're right... That's why they made the RS in this color....
Old 10-01-2011, 01:36 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1
I'm still confused on the level of interest from this car. It's very nice for your wife or girlfriend no doubt. I can't see a man behind the wheel of this car. However, there are all types of men.
philistine
Old 10-01-2011, 02:08 AM
zr1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not aware of what a RS is. However, it sounds like you're trying to justify why you are attracted to such a non-masculine color.

I'm not a man, so maybe this somehow connects you to your feminine side.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by zr1
I'm not aware of what a RS is. However, it sounds like you're trying to justify why you are attracted to such a non-masculine color.

RS was the race car version of the car...goofball....
Old 10-01-2011, 02:34 AM
zr1
Track Day

My husband warned me not to express contradicting opinions on here as the name calling would come soon thereafter. All kinds of men, and boys.

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Originally Posted by zr1

RS was the race car version of the car...goofball....

Last edited by zr1; 10-01-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:36 AM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1

Nothing wrong with having a feminine side I love Riviera Blue RS Clubsport - absolutely beautiful colour. The viper Green looks stunning too - in fact louder/brighterthe colour the better for the RS
Old 10-01-2011, 09:21 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1
Keep sharing your opinions. Don't be discouraged.

I love the color. I'm a male, I've fathered two wonderful little girls. Married my best friend about 18 years ago. I also drive a Boxster, and I'm not a hairdresser.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:42 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1

Wow. That's pretty sexist. Are you stuck in the 1950's?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1

Nothing like a newbie stirring the pot. Once you hang around for awhile you'll see that the rare colors tend to be sought after by men and women. Welcome to Rennlist

Mike - A proud Riviera Blue owner (even if it's non-masculine)
Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
so what is everybody's guess as to what GYMGUY's car would actually sell for ?? (assuming he decides to sell it of course) I am sure this info would help him make a decision as to sell it or not
OK, my guess is low $60's. But I could see someone easily walk up (emotional buyer) with mid/high $60's and say done deal, as not to lose the opportunity.

If a dealer buys it (Willhoit, for example) it will be quickly relisted within days for high $70's low $80's.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
OK, my guess is low $60's. But I could see someone easily walk up (emotional buyer) with mid/high $60's and say done deal, as not to lose the opportunity.

If a dealer buys it (Willhoit, for example) it will be quickly relisted within days for high $70's low $80's.
This
Old 10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thread
Old 10-01-2011, 10:53 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

It's all about what's currently "in" and RB apparently is. I recall back in 2001 I was looking at a couple of 993S in RB that they couldn't give away because of the color. I liked RB but figured it would be very difficult to sell so passed. My guess is that the RB phase will again fade away.

Originally Posted by No HTwo O

Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by zr1
My husband warned me not to express contradicting opinions on here as the name calling would come soon thereafter. All kinds of men, and boys.
ok come on...

you come on here and post things like "However, it sounds like you're trying to justify why you are attracted to such a non-masculine color."...

That's not just posting an opinion, its being rather unecessraily rude, dont you think? Opinions are welcome, and contradictory ones even better. I called you a "goofball", lets keep all this in perspective I for one am not convinced you are who you say you are. A wife with 5 posts weighing in about how one of the most popular Porsche colors is too "girly" etc... something smells fishy...

In any case, feels a little like I am bantering with an 18 yr old, but just for the record, I am quite comfortable in my masculinity - I LOVE the bright and softer pastel colors in these cars and lots of old cars. I also take cream in my coffee and like my steak medium well, other things that I guess arent very manly of me...
Old 10-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
ok come on...

you come on here and post things like "However, it sounds like you're trying to justify why you are attracted to such a non-masculine color."...

That's not just posting an opinion, its being rather unecessraily rude, dont you think? Opinions are welcome, and contradictory ones even better. I called you a "goofball", lets keep all this in perspective I for one am not convinced you are who you say you are. A wife with 5 posts weighing in about how one of the most popular Porsche colors is too "girly" etc... something smells fishy...

In any case, feels a little like I am bantering with an 18 yr old, but just for the record, I am quite comfortable in my masculinity - I LOVE the bright and softer pastel colors in these cars and lots of old cars. I also take cream in my coffee and like my steak medium well, other things that I guess arent very manly of me...
you had me right up till the "like my steak medium well" line. Honestly, I've lost quite a bit of respect for you jonathan.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....