Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:02 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdude

Now, the fallen sinful side of me still wants some dumb___ with lots of dough to overpay for my car, if I have one and if I am selling...

Just like in a bubble real estate market, though, if prices are bloated when you sell, you are going to pay a bloated price when you buy. If the prices get too high, you start thinking before you put miles on them. In my mind, that's not what they were built for.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I haven't been posting much in a while but have to admit this is the funniest post I've seen on here in a long time. You beat a confession out of a supposed cop in just a few posts. Bravo!

These two played the moderators well.

Originally Posted by ilko
And there we have it. Perhaps I should add this to my signature from now on...

Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PecosBill
While everybody wants the best return on their investment, do you really want Porsches to end up the German Ferrari? I love Porsches because they are closer to Volkswagen Bugs than Lamborghinis. As these cars climb into "investment" territory, they move away from being driver's cars and end up just turning into ***** extensions. Do you love the car, or do you love the perceived value of the car?
Originally Posted by mdude
You made a very thoughtful point. I agree something worthy would be lost if Porsche becomes more of an exhibit than a driving machine.

I like 993 because the rev of an air-cooled engine is just irresistible. I like it's build quality. It's shape is a classic beauty that defies age; but then again I'm preaching to the choir.

Now, the fallen sinful side of me still wants some dumb___ with lots of dough to overpay for my car, if I have one and if I am selling...

So how do you guys reconcile this position with what's happened to the longhoods over the past decade? Why are comparable '73 Ts and '95 C2s worth about the same now? Yeah, supply and demand. Or discuss why you think a '73 is in some way, shape or form a superior vehicle (in performance and going-down-the-road) than a 993?

Oh, and back to why we're here in this thread--go Ilko!

How about this for a radical thought on the forum? Make a sub-forum for sales and other 993 OT? I mean we do kinda gather here for more than pure technical stuff...............
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't get this. Grown intelligent man behaving like children.

Chris sells a car as a "one owner" because he never used it so when he listed the car he felt he could pull it of by stating that. I get that. Than some made remarks about it and he changed it to stop debate.
If he wouldn't have titled the car it would have been a true one owner car anyway with still no use from him. I can't see any potential buyer having a problem with that.
This one statement (lie to some) is taken completely out of proportion.

Some state this is not the rennlist way but at the same time are rude, impolite and downright nasty. Sad !

I hoped JohnD would have brought some balance but instead he posts a somewhat strange written statement justifying the craziness.

All this because a guy is selling a car that in his (and I am sure many more) believe is 'owned as in used' by one person. What a crime to commit.

Maybe some of you should get some professional help or something because you are seeing things that aren't there.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys, I think this thread is done. I hope GYMGUY gets a buyer and that Tony gets a premium for his riviera blue cab. Funny, I still recall the 993 ads with the bright colors inspired by candy, socks etc. I loved them back then. I didn't have the courage to buy a RB car, so I went for Polar Silver - which I loved.

I'm closing this thread now.

Best to all

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....