Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:13 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Anything above $80k for this car, in my opinion, is strong money. Probably the most he'll get and he'd be hard pressed to get above $100k.

Its been debated to death and its now been proven that Ebay is unreliable in determining what this RB C2S is worth...

Thought GYMGUY needed the money for another car that he ordered...that once in a lifetime opportunity? I don't know would you hold out for a marginal increase in value when a "once in a lifetime" opportunity exists?

I get the feeling the lemon has been squeezed and above $80k you won't get much more out of it. Someone please prove me wrong considering TT $
Judging from the eBay bid history there are at least 2 guys who look legit that have offer bids in the 120k + area, before you-know-who outbid them.

I don't know Chris and doubt if we'll ever meet. But I've met sellers far more unscrupulous than how he was portrait on this board. Folks who can afford to pay 6-figure for a car that, except for rarity of color and mileage combo, would be selling in the $50-60k area probably know what they're doing.

And then there are many multiple 7-8 figure net worth individuals who won't mind blowing another $50k for a rare sample, worth it (in our eyes) or not. Some may think they're dumb buyers but if the guy has the dough to buy Chris' car, he's not asking for our opinion or seeking our approval.

Just ask yourself this: if it ever comes time for you to sell, wouldn't you want to be matched up w/ one of those who'd overpay for your car, in much the same way that some here think >80k is over-paying for GYMGUY's?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I've never bothered to respond to this thread because it's been a train wreck for a long time. However, I'm seeing a pattern that I don't like so I'll speak out...

GYMGUY and DALLWA seem to have a similar agenda here. Buy a relatively rare car, talk it up on the forum, then sell it for profit. This is not how this forum is supposed to work. I see Rennlist as a community of people who help each other on the technical aspects of our cars and share the joy of ownership.

What these guys have done is taken the rest of us for a ride here. It's not just about whether their Ebay ads are misleading, or flat out lies. This is why Deadhead1960 was banned. Misrepresentation. How many times has DALLWA changed his screen name, location, closed an account, opened a new account, locked his own threads, tried to lock other people's threads, and edited his posts to no end, etc. And then he acts holier than thou.

I see the main reason for teaming up with GYMGUY is to raise the price on his own car that's currently on Ebay. That's disingenuous. I don't care if you're a former cop, or head of the CIA. And I'm not defending No H Two O for shill bidding. But what you have done is equally lame.

So John and Bob, the "crime" here is not just shill bidding. This thread should never have been reopened.
+993 THIS.

What's with all the sketch around here lately!?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdude
Just ask yourself this: if it ever comes time for you to sell, wouldn't you want to be matched up w/ one of those who'd overpay for your car, in much the same way that some here think >80k is over-paying for GYMGUY's?

While everybody wants the best return on their investment, do you really want Porsches to end up the German Ferrari? I love Porsches because they are closer to Volkswagen Bugs than Lamborghinis. As these cars climb into "investment" territory, they move away from being driver's cars and end up just turning into ***** extensions. Do you love the car, or do you love the perceived value of the car?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 PM
DALLWA
Racer

LOL, some of you guys are so over the top. I gotta think Bravo is missing out on a goldmine here on Rennlist. "Husbands of Rennlist"

Chris and I are friends. We have RB cars. His will sell for $120k, and mine probably $50k. It's sabotage!

Sorry, not going to play into your storyline. But it is a main reason why the 993 board has turned to the ****tzer as of late.

I've never bothered to respond to this thread because it's been a train wreck for a long time. However, I'm seeing a pattern that I don't like so I'll speak out...

GYMGUY and DALLWA seem to have a similar agenda here. Buy a relatively rare car, talk it up on the forum, then sell it for profit. This is not how this forum is supposed to work. I see Rennlist as a community of people who help each other on the technical aspects of our cars and share the joy of ownership.

What these guys have done is taken the rest of us for a ride here. It's not just about whether their Ebay ads are misleading, or flat out lies. This is why Deadhead1960 was banned. Misrepresentation. How many times has DALLWA changed his screen name, location, closed an account, opened a new account, locked his own threads, tried to lock other people's threads, and edited his posts to no end, etc. And then he acts holier than thou.

I see the main reason for teaming up with GYMGUY is to raise the price on his own car that's currently on Ebay. That's disingenuous. I don't care if you're a former cop, or head of the CIA. And I'm not defending No H Two O for shill bidding. But what you have done is equally lame.

So John and Bob, the "crime" here is not just shill bidding. This thread should never have been reopened.
Yes, Chris can speak for himself. I happen to have a job on the computer all day. He doesn't, so he may choose to respond. But looks like its another waste time.

Originally Posted by Van1
Is GYMGUY not able to speak for himself if he so chooses? He was able to post earlier today. Curious as to why you have so many posts attempting to speak for him in this matter.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Sorry, not going to play into your storyline. But it is a main reason why the 993 board has turned to the ****tzer as of late.
Says the guy who's been on this board for a grand total of 4 months...
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 PM
DALLWA
Racer

2 years my man. Remember, the 3 ID's and secret shillings?...lol..you're a joke.

Says the guy who's been on this board for a grand total of 4 months...
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow....
Old 08-16-2012, 05:43 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

2 years my man. Remember, the 3 ID's and secret shillings?...lol..you're a joke.
And there we have it. Perhaps I should add this to my signature from now on...

Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM
DALLWA
Racer

I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for, you or me.

I'm done, gotta go do something worthy.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:54 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

I'm done, gotta go do something worthy.
I wish I had a dime for every time I've read a post like this and then seen said poster back in the thread 30 minutes later. I'd be so rich that I'd be able to afford an RB 993 cab. Or maybe even a coupe!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Iko rest assure I feel you are speaking for the silent majority .

Last edited by briefescape; 08-16-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I could never figure out why Tony signed off rennlist so abruptly only to return under a new name a very short time later. I did buy a shifter and handbreak from him that I am happy with but the behavior is odd.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I get the impression it was to wipe the slate clean so to speak.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by PecosBill
While everybody wants the best return on their investment, do you really want Porsches to end up the German Ferrari? I love Porsches because they are closer to Volkswagen Bugs than Lamborghinis. As these cars climb into "investment" territory, they move away from being driver's cars and end up just turning into ***** extensions. Do you love the car, or do you love the perceived value of the car?
You made a very thoughtful point. I agree something worthy would be lost if Porsche becomes more of an exhibit than a driving machine.

I like 993 because the rev of an air-cooled engine is just irresistible. I like it's build quality. It's shape is a classic beauty that defies age; but then again I'm preaching to the choir.

Now, the fallen sinful side of me still wants some dumb___ with lots of dough to overpay for my car, if I have one and if I am selling...

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....