Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Old 08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Actually, this was handled behind the scenes and the results were posted for all to see.

I have been here for a long time (1999 I think before the user reset) and I know what this forum used to be like and what it is like today. Both John D. and Bob have my complete and utter support for doing whatever can be done to keep it the way it was. I am as tired as they are of the negative and witch hunt types of posts we see these days.
Thanks, and I couldn't agree more. Now he can move forward and sell the darn thing.

Originally Posted by Shtootgart
Way to tilt the scales back Dallwa ! Let the guy sell his car in peace.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
I have been here for a long time (1999 I think before the user reset) and I know what this forum used to be like and what it is like today. Both John D. and Bob have my complete and utter support for doing whatever can be done to keep it the way it was. I am as tired as they are of the negative and witch hunt types of posts we see these days.
+993 from another long term member. I can see now why the Pelcian board does not allow postings other than from the original poster on their For Sale board.

Glad the moderators took the appropriate action.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 08-16-2012, 03:22 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 381 Likes on 162 Posts

I'm a moderator on another very popular car forum and we do not allow anyone other than the seller to post on his own thread and only then after 30 days.

Rennlist could learn from that but I do see the value in allowing others to comment as was done on this thread.

I just hope that GYMGUY realizes that albeit a very rare C2S, he's receiving very strong offers and shouldn't be too greedy. I know of one rennlister who has given him a considerable cash offer and if I were him I'd take it. That's all I'm saying at this point. GLWS.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I just hope that GYMGUY realizes that albeit a very rare C2S, he's receiving very strong offers and shouldn't be too greedy. I know of one rennlister who has given him a considerable cash offer and if I were him I'd take it. GLWS.
what? Getting as much money as possible for your car is now greedy? Should selling the car to a rennlister receive precedent over a higher price now?

really?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I agree with the notion that others should not be able to post on another member's for sale ad - when it's posted in a "For Sale" section. This is not a "For Sale" section and as such members are free to post their thoughts, good or bad. I don't remember ever seeing this car listed in a Rennlist "For Sale" section.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm a moderator on another very popular car forum and we do not allow anyone other than the seller to post on his own thread and only then after 30 days.

Rennlist could learn from that but I do see the value in allowing others to comment as was done on this thread.

I just hope that GYMGUY realizes that albeit a very rare C2S, he's receiving very strong offers and shouldn't be too greedy. I know of one rennlister who has given him a considerable cash offer and if I were him I'd take it. That's all I'm saying at this point. GLWS.
I bought two cars off of Pelican, my 993 and the E55. All because of being able to comment, etc, and feeling comfortable with both sellers, both pcar guys. How it is now, with no posting in FS threads, is a big turnoff and probably slows down the process. Cars seem to sit forever now. You might as well as stick with ebay then.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
SPD YLO
Instructor

I think GymGuy owes a commission to NoH20 for helping uncover the incredible premium the market puts on the car.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:01 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Are you serious? Come on dude.

Quality post.

Originally Posted by SPD YLO
I think GymGuy owes a commission to NoH20 for helping uncover the incredible premium the market puts on the car.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:10 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Are you serious? Come on dude.

Quality post.
I doubt he was being serious.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:11 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 381 Likes on 162 Posts

Anything above $80k for this car, in my opinion, is strong money. Probably the most he'll get and he'd be hard pressed to get above $100k.

Its been debated to death and its now been proven that Ebay is unreliable in determining what this RB C2S is worth...

Thought GYMGUY needed the money for another car that he ordered...that once in a lifetime opportunity? I don't know would you hold out for a marginal increase in value when a "once in a lifetime" opportunity exists?

I get the feeling the lemon has been squeezed and above $80k you won't get much more out of it. Someone please prove me wrong considering TT $
Old 08-16-2012, 04:20 PM
DALLWA
Racer

I don't feel comfortable sharing his offers, in writing and in person unless Chris gives me the green light to do so. However on this one Cam, you're not even close.

This is not about can he get $120k or $100k, thats an easy answer I can promise you that.

The question is "Who" does he want to sell it to now. Simple as that, no, because many factors go into that decision.

Cam, I still love you man.

Anything above $80k for this car, in my opinion, is strong money. Probably the most he'll get and he'd be hard pressed to get above $100k.

Its been debated to death and its now been proven that Ebay is unreliable in determining what this RB C2S is worth...

Thought GYMGUY needed the money for another car that he ordered...that once in a lifetime opportunity? I don't know would you hold out for a marginal increase in value when a "once in a lifetime" opportunity exists?

I get the feeling the lemon has been squeezed and above $80k you won't get much more out of it. Someone please prove me wrong considering TT $

Last edited by DALLWA; 08-16-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: To Tell Cam I still love him
Old 08-16-2012, 04:49 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The question is "Who" does he want to sell it to now. Simple as that, no, because many factors go into that decision.
Surely its the person with a fistful of dollars. Little else comes into the equation. Its a business transaction between a seller and a buyer. Everything else is just fluff.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:58 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 186 Posts

I've never bothered to respond to this thread because it's been a train wreck for a long time. However, I'm seeing a pattern that I don't like so I'll speak out...

GYMGUY and DALLWA seem to have a similar agenda here. Buy a relatively rare car, talk it up on the forum, then sell it for profit. This is not how this forum is supposed to work. I see Rennlist as a community of people who help each other on the technical aspects of our cars and share the joy of ownership.

What these guys have done is taken the rest of us for a ride here. It's not just about whether their Ebay ads are misleading, or flat out lies. This is why Deadhead1960 was banned. Misrepresentation. How many times has DALLWA changed his screen name, location, closed an account, opened a new account, locked his own threads, tried to lock other people's threads, and edited his posts to no end, etc. And then he acts holier than thou.

I see the main reason for teaming up with GYMGUY is to raise the price on his own car that's currently on Ebay. That's disingenuous. I don't care if you're a former cop, or head of the CIA. And I'm not defending No H Two O for shill bidding. But what you have done is equally lame.

So John and Bob, the "crime" here is not just shill bidding. This thread should never have been reopened.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Van1
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't feel comfortable sharing his offers, in writing and in person unless Chris gives me the green light to do so.
Is GYMGUY not able to speak for himself if he so chooses? He was able to post earlier today. Curious as to why you have so many posts attempting to speak for him in this matter.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:09 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I've never bothered to respond to this thread because it's been a train wreck for a long time. However, I'm seeing a pattern that I don't like so I'll speak out...

GYMGUY and DALLWA seem to have a similar agenda here. Buy a relatively rare car, talk it up on the forum, then sell it for profit. This is not how this forum is supposed to work. I see Rennlist as a community of people who help each other on the technical aspects of our cars and share the joy of ownership.

What these guys have done is taken the rest of us for a ride here. It's not just about whether their Ebay ads are misleading, or flat out lies. This is why Deadhead1960 was banned. Misrepresentation. How many times has DALLWA changed his screen name, location, closed an account, opened a new account, locked his own threads, tried to lock other people's threads, and edited his posts to no end, etc. And then he acts holier than thou.

I see the main reason for teaming up with GYMGUY is to raise the price on his own car that's currently on Ebay. That's disingenuous. I don't care if you're a former cop, or head of the CIA. And I'm not defending No H Two O for shill bidding. But what you have done is equally lame.

So John and Bob, the "crime" here is not just shill bidding. This thread should never have been reopened.
BINGO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....