Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks JPP appreciate it. To the others guys that I have been talking to thanks for the good advice and I appreciate it. I'm not going to let a couple guys get me off the board. I will be buying another 993 without a doubt. There are some really good supportive people on here and there are some guys that have nothing better to do, I guess that just like anything else really.

Last edited by GYMGUY; 08-06-2012 at 08:44 PM.
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I hope you get big money, Wish I could get that kind of money.
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I don't think it's bullying it all, but I guess it depends on your definition of the word, JP. Here's the first entry for dictionary.com: a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

What about GYMGUY is smaller or weaker? Is it the lying or the typos?
Mark, I think it belittles us all to continue to harp on him. The people who have a problem with the semantics of his auction descriptions have made your point and he's acknowledged that and corrected the problem. The continued punishment doesn't fit the crime ..
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi folks...

Just back from the track, and headed out tomorrow again... So - this will be really short....

I logged in tonight to see what was new the 993 Forum - and dialed into this thread... I almost nearly made it about halfway though of 33 pages of crap posted over nearly one year??? You folks just don't get it...

this forum was built, founded on - and continues today - with over 115,000 Porsche enthusiasts - with a level of trust, community and camaraderie. Those same levels of have prevailed since 1998 - when it was founded an first appeared...

So - here is my take....

This is BS.

GYMGUY - post your silly car anywhere you'd like. I could care less where. I could care less why. I could care less you posted with in iPhone, iPad, iPod - iDon't care. iWon't be buying it. You act like P.T. Barnum who has been quoted as saying ".."As long as you spell my name right." I'm not sure all this press has done you any good, BUT - I'm not the one who posted your "feint and jabs" in a thread spanning a year?

To those who understand this site, this community - and taking the time (and risk) of reminding those who do not?

My sincerest thanks.

This thread is moved to OT for about 2 days - which is about 47 hours longer than it deserves - and then it will be tossed into the Abyss...

Have a great night,

John D.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Well, to all of you naysayers who think that GYMGUY is an awesomely upstanding guy who needs to be cut a break, John clearly thinks otherwise. I've been on this board long enough to understand the code of ethics here and am utterly unafraid to defend it.

John, thanks for keeping Rennlist tight. Again. The 993 board is worth upholding, despite the number of people who think there needs to be a limit to excoriating people who like to take advantage of the inherent trust. Moving this thread to OT is an efficient way to warn others about the OP's sales "philosophy".

And, no, I was not the one who sent John a message about this thread.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
Better late then never. Listing on Ebay due to the amount of interest that way everyone has a fair shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
Who in the hell would pay over $106,000 for a stock 993?!? That color doesn't command that money.

Something is up here.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks, John, for letting some Rennlist rookies understand this is a community board based on honesty and ethics, and not a platform for oily used car salesmen to practice shady tactics
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM
John D.
Banned

Actually - no one emailed me about this thread.... Rather, when I came home from the track tonight, I opened the 993 forum (which is sort home for me on Rennlist) to see if any of today's attendees had posted about it... As I'm CI for my region, I try to read what the folks are thinking about the event.....

Then, I started reading this thread...

My thanks and best to all,

John
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.

To those who understand this site, this community - and taking the time (and risk) of reminding those who do not?

My sincerest thanks.

This thread is moved to OT for about 2 days - which is about 47 hours longer than it deserves - and then it will be tossed into the Abyss...

Have a great night,

John D.
Your welcome.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

John, 47 hours in US CDT time? You know that some members of the team are a few hours ahead and need to get some sleep. Please reconsider..

How about 47 seconds?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:02 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is about time and can not wait for the 42 plus hrs to go by . This 993 forum is struggling big time in the last while with all this BS from people coming here and turning this community into a trash can .
BTW GYMGUY I sold my RB 993 high milage car for a very decent dollar . Difference is I had it long enough to know what I was selling . Meaning I went through the whole car and got to know it and that builds confidence with the buying market otherwise anything else is being a flapping flipper . If you do not understand that concept use the search button and key in " DeadHead " and have a read .

Cheers Guy
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, with all due respect I appreciate your post and Rennlist. I also respect your opinion, but there are many that don't share it and I feel that should be respected also. I was not in anyway trying to disrespect your forum. You can see by every post except the three about this car have been perfectly in line. Mind you I started one of the three threads about my car and the other three were started by other members. If you feel there was an agenda a year ago in creating this thread then it is your right to delete it as this is your forum. There was zero agenda and if it is wrong to so called flappy flip this car to buy one I want more, then I guess I am wrong.
Respectfully,
Chris

Hi folks...

Just back from the track, and headed out tomorrow again... So - this will be really short....

I logged in tonight to see what was new the 993 Forum - and dialed into this thread... I almost nearly made it about halfway though of 33 pages of crap posted over nearly one year??? You folks just don't get it...

this forum was built, founded on - and continues today - with over 115,000 Porsche enthusiasts - with a level of trust, community and camaraderie. Those same levels of have prevailed since 1998 - when it was founded an first appeared...

So - here is my take....

This is BS.

GYMGUY - post your silly car anywhere you'd like. I could care less where. I could care less why. I could care less you posted with in iPhone, iPad, iPod - iDon't care. iWon't be buying it. You act like P.T. Barnum who has been quoted as saying ".."As long as you spell my name right." I'm not sure all this press has done you any good, BUT - I'm not the one who posted your "feint and jabs" in a thread spanning a year?

My sincerest thanks.

Have a great night,

John D.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
John, with all due respect I appreciate your post and Rennlist. I also respect your opinion, but there are many that don't share it and I feel that should be respected also. I was not in anyway trying to disrespect your forum. You can see by every post except the three about this car have been perfectly in line. Mind you I started one of the three threads about my car and the other three were started by other members. If you feel there was an agenda a year ago in creating this thread then it is your right to delete it as this is your forum. There was zero agenda and if it is wrong to so called flappy flip this car to buy one I want more, then I guess I am wrong.
Respectfully,
Chris
John has weighed in here; give it up. If you can't see the ethos that he espouses, then that goes to the root of the whole matter, and you will continue to think that being shady and slippery are actions that are to be tolerated.

Be honest. Avoid brain farts, typos and other excuses; it's just that simple.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:52 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi Chris,

I appreciate your direct response to me. It's a very difficult thing to reply to one of my posts - and often for several reasons. I understand that, and respect you for doing so.

A couple of notes.. First - it is not my forum. It never was - and it still isn't? Oh sure - I started it, engendered a few thoughts and principles as guidelines of the community along the way - but, then an interesting thing happened in 1998/99.. This forum became the collective of this same community.

Oh sure - there are admins, moderators and site owners in a legal sense - but, really - the foundation to Rennlist - was - is - and I hope will be - those who are simply the enthusiasts who contribute, post - and some who just lurk. We can and will accommodate all those folks - regardless of the actual owners..

For, in my world - whoever "owns it" is simply a "caretaker" of that same community...

So - to my point and world. If those in your community say - "Hey Chris - something isn't right" - it's your responsibility to help them understand. To do so doesn't accommodate, nor condone - flip answers, "typos", or "flip-offs". Usually - almost always (not EVERY TIME) - but usually - for as large as Rennlist is, those same members will support you if they believe and respect you are making an effort to facilitate the baseline set forth in the late 90's and carried forward still.

Life is a tough task-master. I think you know that. And sometimes, we have to go out of our way to be certain our words reflect our true intentions.

Life is like that as well, sometimes...

BUT - Rennlist is like that all the time..

From my end of the telescope - I wouldn't change a single thing about Rennlist, this community, it's camaraderie nor all that makes it different than any other Porsche community on the Internet - that has existed, or exists today.

Again - my thanks and respect for your response, and can only hope you understand the framework and foundation of my replies in your thread.

This thread is closed - as I have to get up in a few hours to get back to the track for day two of our event....

My Best Always,

John
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
John has weighed in here;....Be honest. Avoid brain farts, typos and other excuses; it's just that simple.
Dayem... You and I said pretty much the same thing at pretty much the same time.... I just used a whole lot more words..??!!

What Mark said.....

John

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....