Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:30 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
To the OP. You have a beautiful 993 in a rare colour. I wish you the best in getting the most out of the car. What I find troubling is that this thread has turned into a for-sale thread and despite all the numbers being tossed around, you still haven't listed a price. Yes, we know where to find the ebay auction. Yes, I see the current bid. But there is no price listed either here or any of the other threads about your car.
This thread was started a long time ago and was never intended to be that. At this point I have had multiple high offers and I will most likely see where the auction goes. Some may not like that, but there is no buy it now at this point and I'm sure most can see why. The only reason I put the ebay link on here is the amount of people that had asked me about the car. Everyone still has a fair shot at the car.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:35 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
The last 10 responses you also avoided answering why you initially misrepresented your car as 1-owner. Also interesting.
Typo as I said I did the ad on my phone in a few minutes and it wasnt a huge deal to fix it because I talked to most of the serious guys. It's really hard to lie about number of owners when all your documentation has the other owners name on it. This is what I have shown people, so you are right I was REALLY trying to hide it Anything else????
Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
Typo as I said I did the ad on my phone in a few minutes and it wasnt a huge deal to fix it because I talked to most of the serious guys. It's really hard to lie about number of owners when all your documentation has the other owners name on it. This is what I have shown people, so you are right I was REALLY trying to hide it Anything else????
Oh it was a typo!

So instead of "one owner", which is what you wrote, you meant to write "two owner"? You're saying it was a typo that made you write the word "one" instead of "two".

So you made a typo with the "t" in "two" and wrote an "o" as in "one" by accident. Then you made another consecutive typo and wrote an "n" instead of a "w". And then you made a third consecutive typo which caused you to write an "e" instead of an "o".

Got it. Thanks for the explanation
Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

And a typo that appeared twice.... once in the subtitle and once in the description.... what are the chances?

Dishonest people suck.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Vehicle registration history ...
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Congrats to GYMGUY as he's definitely going to make some serious $$$ on this car.....
Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

You guys win! Goofball and Cordo are obviously in the same room telling each other how great and perfect they are. Anyway seems that being a two owner hasn't slowed down the offers or bids, kind of funny. I will also have the EXACT number produced shortly confirmed. I was just told by the largest 993 dealer in the country that it is the only riviera on cashmere 1998 C2S produced. I am trying to get documentation on that, but the funny thing is that the serious buyers I have talked to have never asked me how many Riviera's were produced. My guess is whoever buys this car knows much more about it then myself.
Cheers!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe the previous owner left a few kilos of coke in the trunk...
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Congrats to GYMGUY as he's definitely going to make some serious $$$ on this car.....
Thank you for the positive post. The money will be going to a good cause, unfortunately I will be in different section of Rennlist with the new car.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
+1
Old 08-06-2012, 11:34 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Better late then never. Listing on Ebay due to the amount of interest that way everyone has a fair shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Has that car ever been driven in the rain?

Please explain how it is a 1 owner car. Thanks.

On July 31st at 11:24 PM you posted here about your eBay ad. (page #15)

At 5:50 AM on August 1st, I asked you to explain how it was a 1 owner car. (page #16)

You never did. Now you say it was a "typo" and you "don't know much about eBay".

I say bull****, you are just a ******* liar. Simple as that.

I can't wait till you move over to the GT3 Forum. They'll slice & dice you over there in a matter of seconds. They don't like liars either.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Well guys I have a 4.0 RS on the way and I have decided I really can not have both. I do not want to regret this decision in the future, so I was curious if you all think it is a mistake to sell this car. I have had numerous people try to buy it from day one, so I know it should be easy to sell, but I do love the car and don't want to regret it. I also feel The 4.0 RS will be an amazing and special car and I really don't want to pass on it either. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Chris
I've already received a few PM's since I have made this post. I really appreciate the interest, but I will let everyone know in less then a week if I am going to sell or not. It is a big decision and chances are I will never find a car this rare and unique again. What is everyone's opinion on the most fair way to sell this car? I have had multiple PM's and offers here all around the same time when I first bought the car, so it is near impossible to say who deserves first crack at it. Anyway, decisions, decisions... Am I going to regret this with the 4.0 sitting in the garage???
I will post pictures up soon. It is a one owner 1998 Riviera Blue C2S, manual, Cashmere interior, 12000 original miles, never been tracked or seen rain. It is 100% original with all paperwork including insane service records, all the way down to every time the car was started it was recorded in a journal that I have. The car is MINT and I would say as good or better then showroom quality. There are a few on here that have seen it and can vouge for the condition. Anyone is welcome to see it whether I sell or not.
I remember when I first posted pictures of the car and asked about what type of exhaust to put on the car. You all managed to talk me out of modding the car at all. It looks like you all are talking me into keeping it instead of the 4.0. Such a tough decision, wish I could have both, but I can't.
Guys I am really leaning to getting the 4.0. I am a GT3 guy at heart and this one is specced by me. I will keep everyone informed.
Guys, my intention with buying this car was to use it as a DD. I did not even know it was rare and just thought it was a cool color. When I posted asking about exhaust, wheels, and other mods I received over 30 PM's and emails saying not to ruin the car and how rare it was. I have modded my 997 C2S and RS and never thought twice about it. I have never owned a car I felt I shouldn't mod or rack miles up on, or am even scared to get a chip on until this one. I enjoy driving my cars and I haven't been able to enjoy this one be it my fault or not. It is just too rare as all of you have proven. That is what happened with this car. I stumbled across it after test driving another 993 and thought low mile car, cool color will last me for a long time. So like what I do with my cars or not this is how I enjoy them and this is what I am going to do. This is the last post I am going to make on the situation. I have never been bashed on any of the other areas of this forum or have I even seen bashing for what one chooses to do with his car. This is why I am on Rennlist. I do find it amusing that we have a few so called purists on this thread that apparently have made the rule book on what should be done to be a so called purist. For everyone else thanks for the advice I do appreciate it and to everyone that PMed and emailed me, I will let you know exactly what I am going to to with the car.
Cheers,
Chris
Guys, no update as of yet. I have to go out of town this week and will let everyone know by Friday. I apologize about not returning emails/PM/s, but I have had over 60 between the two and I was slammed last week. I will get back to everyone when I make up my mind. Thanks again everyone for the advice. For the record, I have only put 11 miles on this car since I purchased it.
Still have it. I will probably be listing it in about a week. I will be sure to let everyone know.
Better late then never. Listing on Ebay due to the amount of interest that way everyone has a fair shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
Good luck guys. I am not on Rennlist much, so if you have any questions please email me direct and I am happy to answer and or call. I know a few of you have emailed that you are upset I put it on ebay, but to be fair I am looking at paying 35k over MSRP for a certain car, which is the only reason this car is for sale.
Title is clear and all tax has been handled correctly. If you have any questions please email me directly as I am not on here much, but wanted to let you guys know since I posted this thread a while back.
I lost a car last year I regret losing and have been kicking myself ever since. I didn't want to pay too much and lost out to the guy that paid for it. I called emailed the buyer the next day, a Rennlist Member, and he said he would never sell it. I never thought I would have another shot at this car and for some reason have been lucky enough to get a second chance. Like this car there is only one or two in the United States, so this time I am going to make sure I get it. At the end of the day a rare car is worth whatever it is worth to the buyer to have it. I know I am not missing out on my second chance. With rare cars you may not get an opportunity to get the one you want again, and for me personally I would rather pay to have exactly what I want. I wasted way too much money settling for cars. The car I am buying I plan to keep forever, so I don't feel as bad over spending on the car. I hope the car goes to someone on here and even better would be someone local, so we could do a photo shoot! if anyone has any questions feel free to email me.
Riviera blue is amazing and if I was more well funded I wouldn't be selling at all. I can tell you I am paying almost 3X this for my dream car. To all of the emails I apologize about the delay answering, but I am at work. I will get to every one of them, but they are becoming a full time job, lol. I'm starting to think this is a more desirable car then a 4.0 RS. And you guys are right it is apparently the only riviera in North America and probably the world with this combo. I hope I'm not making a huge mistake! Too late now.......
Couldn't have said it better myself! The reason for the six figure reserve is that's what I needed to pull off the other car, and if it didnt hit that I wasn't willing to sell this car, so it was more of an insurance policy. I had also been offered 90k from Rennlist members numerous times, so I figured 10k was close to that. Anyway it's where I need it to be, so if I get much more great and if not I have what I need to pull off the other car.
These threads are funny. I have spoke to a ton of people from Rennlist and eBay about the car. All of the naysayers on here are obviously not even in the market to buy the car because not one has contacted me. To those of you that I have spoken with I appreciate the interest. To the negative Nancy's. I will post the check or wire when I get it to prove what it sells for. I can tell you for a fact it will be over 100k. I obviously don't have a crystal ball, but the bidders that I have spoken with sound very legit. I guess time will tell as I'm not an eBay expert. I have been in contact via email or phone with a few of the top bidders and a bunch of guys that have yet to bid that persistently are trying to buy the car and get me to end the auction. Anyway, anyone that has real interest in the car feel free to PM your number and I will call you. To the rest of you I do believe the value of your 993's are truly going up. I've lost my rear on every GT3 I've owned and this is definitely out of the norm. Maybe I shouldn't be selling this to buy another GT3....... Hmmmmm...
Wow there are way too many threads to keep up with and for thy the record I never lied. I answered this in your other post, so go read it since you obviously have nothing better to do. For the record again, quite a few people have come to see the car and documentation in person, I would expect most people would do that spending this kind of coin as you call it. Bottom line if you don't want the car then don't buy it. I'm not twisting anyone's arm and I have more interest and offers on this car then all past cars combined. I did not expect that at all. Enjoy your night keep it coming, so I have something to laugh at tomorrow.
Now that you are copying and pasting exactly what you wrote in the other thread... I guess I will copy and paste my response? Do you need a time out? You are worse then my 3 year old....

"Are we in preschool here? Sure feels like it. Whats funny is most of the people that have emailed me, I have given the original owners phone number and you are crying about an ebay ad I typed up in three minutes on my cell phone spur of the moment to try to pull off another car. You are right I had a premeditated reason for making the reserve high and only changed the ad because you figured me out Judge Judy I do find it funny that you think I would change anything based on your efforts, I guess everyone on eBay is also a member of Rennlist, you got me there. Good job and keep it coming....."

Lets at least try to keep it to one thread....
I totally agree with you. An old grumpy, jealous, man with nothing better to do... Does he really even have a porsche? I offered to let him see the car and documentation in person and surprisingly enough no response! This is actually so funny my wife has even been following it with me. Bottom line like the rest of the SERIOUS buyers, come see the car and documentation for yourself and if you can't you really don't have much to complain about because you are obviously not buying this car.
This thread was started a long time ago and was never intended to be that. At this point I have had multiple high offers and I will most likely see where the auction goes. Some may not like that, but there is no buy it now at this point and I'm sure most can see why. The only reason I put the ebay link on here is the amount of people that had asked me about the car. Everyone still has a fair shot at the car.
You guys win! Goofball and Cordo are obviously in the same room telling each other how great and perfect they are. Anyway seems that being a two owner hasn't slowed down the offers or bids, kind of funny. I will also have the EXACT number produced shortly confirmed. I was just told by the largest 993 dealer in the country that it is the only riviera on cashmere 1998 C2S produced. I am trying to get documentation on that, but the funny thing is that the serious buyers I have talked to have never asked me how many Riviera's were produced. My guess is whoever buys this car knows much more about it then myself.
Cheers!!
You can try to bluff this all you want, but it is clear that many here have detected the foul stench of disingenuousness.

Let's look at the history of you and this car:

• You buy the car, beating up an old guy in the process, under the premise of using as a daily driver but end up putting only 11 miles on the car, deciding in short order to sell the car. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You then state in your eBay ad that the car is a one owner car when it's really a two owner car. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You state that you meant that the ownership issue was a typo, implying that you meant to type in "two" instead of "one". Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You also state that you posted the ad from your phone in a few minutes and that this is another reason why the ad states that the car only had one owner. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

• You waited several days before you corrected the ownership issue. Everyone knows this is bullsh1t.

This has nothing to do with envy; I think we're all thrilled that you're getting so much for your car. Rather, this has everything to do with honesty and transparency on this board. I think it's hard to deny that your sales tactics with the car, at least here on Rennlist, have really been a near-total mess and have only hurt your reputation as being a stand-up guy.

Want to know how to avoid this in the future? Be honest. It's just that simple.

Go sell your car, buy your GT3 and pollute the GT3 board with your bullsh1t. The 993 board takes a really dim view of these antics.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
RocketJohn
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

If we were all sitting around a breakfast table at a diner, I suspect there would be less rudeness and more talking about 911s...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Current bid: US $106,966.00

Brilliant!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
If we were all sitting around a breakfast table at a diner, I suspect there would be less rudeness and more talking about 911s...
This ^^^

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....