Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S.... (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/657193-thinking-of-selling-my-riviera-blue-993-c2s.html)

GYMGUY 09-28-2011 03:20 PM

Guys I am really leaning to getting the 4.0. I am a GT3 guy at heart and this one is specced by me. I will keep everyone informed.

Texas993 09-28-2011 03:40 PM

As to your question "who has first crack at it." I would ask a premium price and see who shows up with the money first. You can always lower the price, but you can't raise it once it is sold.

Good luck and enjoy the 4.0.

CorrdoBrit 09-28-2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by mjsporsche (Post 8903642)
I my guess is that he is already crunching the numbers.

Mark

I don't think its so much the numbers, more the Cashmere interior. Personally, with the right exterior color, I think it looks good.

gonzilla 09-28-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit (Post 8903505)
I think he means 1 previous owner, so its really a 2 owner car unless it was never titled in his name. Still effectively 2 owner but a 1 owner car per the records.

Interesting way to look at it.

ca993twin 09-28-2011 04:50 PM

GYMGUY,

I really appreciate your dilemma. The 997.2 RS 4.0 is an amazing car, fer sure. With only 12k miles on your C2S, its pretty obvious that you don't plan on driving either car much. How WILL you use that RS? It is really a nice track car that is fairly nasty for the street. Surely you wont track it, and probably it will become a garage queen, like the C2S.

There will be many RS 4.0s for sale in the future, when the 991 GT3 arrives. Meanwhile, your C2S is very rare and highly sought after. Probably not replaceable.

I love the GT3 series as well, but would never exchange Rufus for one. I think you should keep the C2S.

No HTwo O 09-28-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe (Post 8903541)
Do you suffer from "Oooh, look! Something new and shiny!" disease? It costs a lot and there is no cure.

For sale in a few months: a nice 4.0 RS :roflmao:

Goof, are you having a ****y week? Another stupid comment from you. I hope you find your happy place again soon.

cpdjfd107 09-28-2011 04:57 PM

:corn:

goofballdeluxe 09-28-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by No HTwo O (Post 8903991)
Goof, are you having a ****y week? Another stupid comment from you. I hope you find your happy place again soon.

Oh, I'm just joking around. I apologize for any hurt feelings. I'll come around and wax any giant wings on every 800 horse street cars to make up for it. Deal? :bowdown:

No HTwo O 09-28-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe (Post 8904000)
Oh, I'm just joking around. I apologize for any hurt feelings. I'll come around and wax any giant wings on every 800 horse street cars to make up for it. Deal? :bowdown:

Good one!:) It's all good, Goof.

mmazzone44 09-28-2011 05:31 PM

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993

Yes, I think you should sell it because after all you’re just a poser and not a purist. I remember when you posted the car for the first time you were like Jo Jo the circus monkey. Touting it was your dream car and you wanted it since you were a pup. What a joke!!!! I told my friend you would sell the car in less than six months and sure enough I was right. I remember you were the guy who beat up the old guy selling it at the time, if the fellow purist who sold it to you knew you were dumping it, I’m sure he would have had second thoughts. So go ahead make us all happy and make your $5000.00 and dump it. You are all about the show...............MAM

goofballdeluxe 09-28-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by mmazzone44 (Post 8904106)
Yes, I think you should sell it because after all you’re just a poser and not a purist. I remember when you posted the car for the first time you were like Jo Jo the circus monkey. Touting it was your dream car and you wanted it since you were a pup. What a joke!!!! I told my friend you would sell the car in less than six months and sure enough I was right. I remember you were the guy who beat up the old guy selling it at the time, if the fellow purist who sold it to you knew you were dumping it, I’m sure he would have had second thoughts. So go ahead make us all happy and make your $5000.00 and dump it. You are all about the show...............MAM

OK, now THIS calls for some :corn: and a swig of :biggulp:

turbobooost 09-28-2011 05:40 PM

PM sent..mbw

CorrdoBrit 09-28-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by mmazzone44 (Post 8904106)

ouch, don't hold back and tell us how you really feel. I sorta see where you're coming from though having followed the previous threads.

Spidey 993 09-28-2011 06:20 PM

Wilhoit is in the house!

Did you see that?
- That was your and my chance of ever owning this car fly out the window.

Did you hear that?
- That was the sound of the truck pulling up to Wilhoit's mansion, taking this car to the boat to be shipped overseas.

Originally Posted by turbobooost (Post 8904129)
PM sent..mbw

goofballdeluxe 09-28-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit (Post 8904228)
ouch, don't hold back and tell us how you really feel. I sorta see where you're coming from though having followed the previous threads.

Funny, when I called him out more jokingly, I got heat for it. But when someone comes after him guns a-blazing, here comes the Cavalry :roflmao:

There is some truth, even though it was kinda harsh, to what MAM said.

Some people are all about having what they want and are never satisfied. Some realize there may be more value not to having what you want, but wanting what you already have.

The OP can do what he wants, of course. It's his car! But I think I'm not too far off the mark that the 4.0 RS will also be a short stay in satisified-land. It's the nature of the beast.