Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S.... (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/657193-thinking-of-selling-my-riviera-blue-993-c2s.html)

TTKan 10-02-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Parnelli (Post 8912755)
the problem with $68K is if u ever put more miles on it it will depreciate $20K quickly. it's nice....but not $68.5K nice. That's getting into low-mid mile turbo money range

I agree 100%! But I also know that a number of these low-mile cars in rare colors are going to collectors and putting miles on them is not in the cards. And what is more, many consider the C2S, and particularly the last year of the C2S, to be the last real Porsche--two-wheel drive, air-cooled, etc.

JPP 10-02-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by zr1 (Post 8912072)
I don't want to introduce myself, I have no desire to join the boys club. He asked me to create my own account, because I have an opinion. If I wanted to say the same thing as you, I would use his account. I assume that is the "tact" you desire. I'm not sure of Goofballdeluxe, he scares me but not in a physical way. I mentioned his name to my husband and he rolled his eyes.

Back to the thread topic. RB on a 993 looks feminine. That may be perfect for Sullivan. Enjoy!

C'mon everyone, my 'BS Meter' is pegged. Unmask yourself, vartlett ...
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...**-O-Meter.jpg

Originally Posted by Parnelli (Post 8912755)
the problem with $68K is if u ever put more miles on it it will depreciate $20K quickly.

Ok, this is kind of silly. If you won't drive this car over a few thousand dollars in depreciation, you can't afford it. Anybody who's ever bought a new car of any type goes through the same scenario, the difference is, eventually, if you keep this car long enough, it will rise in value to a point that selling it will change your lifestyle .. Capisch? I have to go scrape the dragonfly's off the front of my "garage queen" Speedster ... :bigbye:

FisterD 10-02-2011 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All I know is my wife loves her cab ;) and I do too!:bigbye:

Arena993 10-02-2011 02:01 PM

Drive it. Mine has 103K and it's Riviera Blue. Funny thing is I have had a couple offers over what I sold it for when it had less than 100K. Not a huge amount over but still higher. The Pope is right.

Mike

TTKan 10-02-2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by FisterD (Post 8913796)

I don't know whether the color of this car is masculine or femine, but I do know that it is drop dead gorgeous! Enjoy!

Parnelli 10-02-2011 09:59 PM

"Ok, this is kind of silly. If you won't drive this car over a few thousand dollars in depreciation, you can't afford it. Anybody who's ever bought a new car of any type goes through the same scenario, the difference is, eventually, if you keep this car long enough, it will rise in value to a point that selling it will change your lifestyle .. Capisch? "

JPP-

It's not really a question of whether someone can afford it or not. I'm assuming most of us RL-er's could afford it. Hell, I could write a check for a new 918 tomorrow but that doesn't mean I am going to drop $845K on a car just because I can.

BTW, you spelled capiche wrong
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/capiche

mjsporsche 10-02-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by FisterD (Post 8913796)

And I love it too. I was in line to buy it from Mark! So think of me if you ever decide to sell.

Mark

mrsullivan 10-02-2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Parnelli (Post 8914750)
"Ok, this is kind of silly. If you won't drive this car over a few thousand dollars in depreciation, you can't afford it. Anybody who's ever bought a new car of any type goes through the same scenario, the difference is, eventually, if you keep this car long enough, it will rise in value to a point that selling it will change your lifestyle .. Capisch? "

JPP-

It's not really a question of whether someone can afford it or not. I'm assuming most of us RL-er's could afford it. Hell, I could write a check for a new 918 tomorrow but that doesn't mean I am going to drop $845K on a car just because I can.

BTW, you spelled capiche wrong
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/capiche

Wow. That is impressive. I wonder if I will ever have enough money that i could write a $800k check for a car.... now you have me dreaming about how I would spend that... :D

Spidey 993 10-02-2011 11:45 PM

What's the status?

mooty 10-03-2011 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Quadcammer (Post 8913252)
Oh, and you know this how? I'm sure you've got plenty of seat time in the 4.0, right?

LOL, he may be right.
i dont have my 4.0 yet, but my 3.8RS is pretty boring on street. modern car are a tad too fast for CA roads. now montana.....

feminine color.... christ, i wear vicky secret pink undies and tape down my tools so it wont show. what does that have to do with cars? unless one is insecure about their own sexuality?.... are we still on a car forum?

oh this is getting very interesting. if you dont know what an RS is, how can you comment on a historical porsche color? if you think this is feminine have you seen raspberry pink, vesuvio, or pink pig? those are the real manly colors. i only wish i can get those colors PTS

GYMGUY 10-03-2011 01:52 AM

Guys, no update as of yet. I have to go out of town this week and will let everyone know by Friday. I apologize about not returning emails/PM/s, but I have had over 60 between the two and I was slammed last week. I will get back to everyone when I make up my mind. Thanks again everyone for the advice. For the record, I have only put 11 miles on this car since I purchased it.

CamsPorsche 10-03-2011 10:02 AM

Just sell it to an enthusiast who will appreciate it and be done with it...simple.

No HTwo O 10-03-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by GYMGUY (Post 8915212)
I have only put 11 miles on this car since I purchased it.

:confused:

I've driven that many in reverse during the same time period.

U r right, sell it.

mooty 10-03-2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by GYMGUY (Post 8915212)
Guys, no update as of yet. I have to go out of town this week and will let everyone know by Friday. I apologize about not returning emails/PM/s, but I have had over 60 between the two and I was slammed last week. I will get back to everyone when I make up my mind. Thanks again everyone for the advice. For the record, I have only put 11 miles on this car since I purchased it.

damn!
the day i drove my .1 and .2 rs home each got 400 miles by the time it go in the garage. the dealer was 15 miles away :evilgrin:

H.H.Chinn 10-04-2011 12:46 AM

What's wrong with this car?? We're up to 11 pages now and it still isn't sold??!! This discussion about color, any Porsche painted to match any of the colors found in a bag of M&M's is fine by me.