Notices

Brake Fluid Leak and ABS Light On

Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
spts
User

Default Brake Fluid Leak and ABS Light On

Hey Everyone,

My ABS light came on and I've spent a good amount of time searching previous posts about potential issues that could cause the light to come on. I did a spot check on all calipers and I couldn't find any leaks, so I figured the relay may be the issue.

Anyways, I forgot to check fluid levels in the brake reservoir to make sure it wasn't something as simple as low fluid before I purchased a new relay. What i did notice was a pool of fluid at the top of the reservoir. This car has never been tracked so I doubt the fluid boiled over through the cap. Could the cap be the issue? Possibly not sealing the reservoir properly and causing the light to go off?

The fluid levels are fine even with the leak.

Again I tried searching to see if there was another post related to this, so if this has come up before then my mistake.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
spts
User

Oh also the car is a 96 c4s
Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 AM
01coccobet
User

maybe I'm in your tail!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
2Many Cars
User

Had your brake pads replaced lately? A careless wrench might have let the resevoir overflow when he replaced the pads. If so, find a new mechanic.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
spts
User

Pads haven't been replaced for a while. The car has less than 30k miles so it doesn't get much use also. Fluids do get changed regularly and this is the first time this issue has come up. Last brake fluid change was done 2 years ago

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Fluid Leak and ABS Light On

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: