993 Forum 1995-1998

The OFFICIAL Rennsport Reunion IV Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts

Got my Rennlist name sticker from Joann on Friday at the Beer Garden have met some really nice people from seeing others stickers. Rennsport 4 is in my opinion #1 or #2 of the Rennsport Reunions Lime Rock was fun but this one has so many more cars and people hard to top it. Can't believe it is Sunday morning and last day, going to tour the Porsche corals that is one effort have not gotten to as of yet. Thank you left coast for great weather and people.
Rich
Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Javier (Niche on Rennlist) will need to buy two tickets today. His cell number is 760-481-5212. It would be great if you could give him the one you found.
Hey Steve,
Great to see and talk with you again ... An RL'r driving up from L.A. pm'd me on this about 2 minutes after I posted and made the cut.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
Got my Rennlist name sticker from Joann on Friday at the Beer Garden have met some really nice people from seeing others stickers. Rennsport 4 is in my opinion #1 or #2 of the Rennsport Reunions Lime Rock was fun but this one has so many more cars and people hard to top it. Can't believe it is Sunday morning and last day, going to tour the Porsche corals that is one effort have not gotten to as of yet. Thank you left coast for great weather and people.
Rich
Rich

It was great to meet you thanks for stoping by to say hello. I trust you will run at PCA Sebring, if so maybe we can share a little track time.

Rennsport was fantastic, just a bummer time flies when you are having a blast!

Mark
Old 10-18-2011, 11:26 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts

Mark, yea will be doing PCA Sebring, by the way we watched your race from the Corkscrew you were going great must be a bitch trying to catch Larry in that beast he was driving!
Rich
Old 10-18-2011, 12:04 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We didn't get to meet as may of you as we would have liked too. Sort of like looking for some one at a rock concert or football game. But it we did meet some interesting people. Like the guys that we met in the biergarten, that crewed for Mark Donohue at Riverside.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"I suggest you stay on Hwy 5 north for another 35 miles or so past Hwy 46 to Hwy 198. Lots of fun corners and plenty of opportunities to pass slower cars."

Well, drove it on the way back to the 5. Very tight turns, e.g. decreasing radius, and many,
many blind narrow turns. It's like driving G16 (Carmel Valley Road) from the 101 to the PCH.
A fun drive, but always preparing for what could be around the next blind corner. No room
to take an evasive action, i.e. not a drive for most. Next time I'm on 198, it'll be with one
of my motorcycles.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

I'm Back ~~~ But just barely. We got back home at midnight after a pretty bumpy ride above the thunderstorms over the midwest. I woke up at 9:00am, had breakfast, picked up Speedster and in two minutes have to leave to be at work by noon. I should have thought ahead and just taken today off too. Oh well..... I'll be back tonight to check out pictures and REALLY say HI to y'all.

It was FUN and it was nice to be able to put the face to a name. There wasn't a single one of you that wasn't nice and the same goes for your wives and SO's and Gal Pals too. They were the best. I think we all are pretty darn lucky

I'll be back!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

It was nice meeting you JoAnne. Our conversations were so brief that I actually didn't get introduced to your hubby. I guess I will save that introduction for the next Rennsport Reunion. Hopefully there will be even more of us in attendance. And we can straighten out which Biergarten we should all meet. Maybe even have lots of stickers done ahead of time, 2-3 per person so we don't have to try to peel them off our clothing and reuse them the next day. Mine wouldn't stick after day one!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:17 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The best moment of the event was Saturday morning, just after 8, looking at a fog covered track hearing the echoes of 356's going around the track and briefly having them break through the fog and dive back in it going around the track. It was magical.

THE GOOD:

The drive up.
Having Brian Redman show everybody how special the 908/3 was in driving around a European Style Circuit.
Seeing a lot of the cars I read about in my youth.
Seeing a lot of my Porsche Buddies.
Seeing so many Porsches that I was on overload.
The weather.

THE BAD

The guy who was acting a Doorman at the Souvenir Shop. He thought it was Studio 54.
The SCAMP people still have not learned that Porsche People love the Event stuff and will buy lots.
Porsche Design; a Porsche Design Water Pipe. REALLY, a water pipe?
I did not get to meet with everybody I wanted to, like Sea Cay

THE FUNNY

Seeing Joanne being mobbed at the Beirgarten like Madonna or Playmate of the Year.

Sorry Joanne, I am glad you and Robert survived.

Watching the PCNA people being overwhelmed.

THE BEST

Seeing Loren Beggs kick butt in his race on Sunday.

EVERYBODY SHOULD START BUGGING PCNA FOR THE NEXT RENNSPORT REUNION.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
Mark, yea will be doing PCA Sebring, by the way we watched your race from the Corkscrew you were going great must be a bitch trying to catch Larry in that beast he was driving!
Rich
Rich

Larry was really going, hard to beat a GT-2 but fun trying. Just to stand on the podium with Larry was a treat, nobody in the US has run the 993 GT-2 like he has. See you at Sebring Rich!!

JoAnne

Sorry to have missed you, I was on the go all weekend and trying to navigate the Biergarten was too much of a challenge.

If anyone has photos of my 993 RSR (#18) let me know. We were all blessed with an unforgetable weekend of cars and Porsche nuts, bring on Rennsport V !!

Mark
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28

THE FUNNY

Seeing Joanne being mobbed at the Beirgarten like Madonna or Playmate of the Year.

Sorry Joanne, I am glad you and Robert survived.

Watching the PCNA people being overwhelmed.

NOT FUNNY!!! I was really scared LOL
I was hoping someone got a picture of that. it was truly embarrassing.

SOMEONE PLEASE BUY JAGER'S WIFE KAREN A NEW CELL PHONE. I am a big girl, but not that big!! OH MY GOODNESS, that really hurts the ego.......
Those new-ish hi rise jeans are now in the trash. I'm serious, they are GONE! I thought they made me look bigger than I am, but not THAT much bigger!
I have to find a Big picture of Karen so I can get even.....

I have some 'people pictures'. I'll be posting them up in a few.

I went to work at noon as planned and found myself locked out of my own office. I came back home. Sometimes my FA is such a numb nutz. He just doesn't listen to what I tell him. He does the same thing to his wife....... At least I now have the time to do laundry. Laguna sure is a dusty place, just like I remember it.

MARK!!! I cam by your transporter at least three times and no one was there? I take that back, Once there was 5 people sitting at the table, but I didn't approach them.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by bramblegrower
I suggest you stay on Hwy 5 north for another 35 miles or so past Hwy 46 to Hwy 198. Watch the signs - they will get you off on Jayne Ave to 198 west, taking you through the town of Coalinga. Hwy 198 is a beautiful two lane road with very little traffic and some wonderful scenery in the middle of nowhere that gets you to Hwy 101 just south of King City. Lots of fun corners and plenty of opportunities to pass slower cars. Drive at a brisk but reasonable speed - it's a road you can have a blast on without having to drive too fast. All in all, it's a little longer(maybe 20 minutes) but much more fun without the construction of 46.
Thanks for that tip! I took Carmel Valley Rd./G16 from the PRCC to the 101, and the 198 to the 5 back to Los Angeles. The 198 was as advertised - not one other car on a great road with wonderful scenery!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Thanks for that tip! I took Carmel Valley Rd./G16 from the PRCC to the 101, and the 198 to the 5 back to Los Angeles. The 198 was as advertised - not one other car on a great road with wonderful scenery!
I took my original planned route, 46/41/101. No delays, no road crews etc. Just lots of great scenery and history. My Passport RD saved me twice though.
Attached Images   
Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a blast.
It was great to meet so many new people and finally really meet many I've "met" here.
What a bunch of nice people Porsche nuts are

This thing needs to run a week or so...

hey, did anyone else get jolted out of a deep sleep at 3am on Sunday morning by Guido the Killer Pimp pounding on a door on the floor above you then get to watch a real life episode of Cops unfold outside your door, "Exotic Dancer", "innocent Johns", the whole lot?

No?
Hmm.

And this was at a nice hotel...

My favorite dialog:
Cop: Were you naked when you were dancing?
Dancer: No, not at first.

Last edited by MarkD; 10-18-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
hey, did anyone else get jolted out of a deep sleep at 3am on Sunday morning by Guido the Killer Pimp pounding on a door on the floor above you then get to watch a real life episode of Cop's unfold outside your door, "Exotic Dancer", "innocent John's", the whole lot?

No?
Hmm.

And this was at a nice hotel...

My favorite dialog:
Cop: Were you naked when you were dancing?
Dancer: No, not at first.
No, nothing nearly that exciting. I did, however, get stuck on 1 after some guy tried to outrun the CHP and killed a poor woman driving a BMW (and himself).

http://www.ksbw.com/news/29503149/detail.html

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Rennsport Reunion IV Roll Call