Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

'97 C2 Minimal Upgrade Recommendation...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Getting to know other RLers that are local and driving each others cars is one way to decide what mods to do, if your only experience is your own car, you don't have anything to compare to.

Martin S has great advice, take it slow, decide what options you have, and what you gotta have now, and what can wait, trust me, there is ALWAYS something else.
I typically bin mods into need or want The want can wait, the need are more like maintenance items.

my car is a pure street car, no track.

upgrades I have done:
HIDs: I consider these a must
wheels: a matter of preference, I went with MY02s, love them, plus they are easy to clean
suspension: my car came with ROW M030 springs, I replaced the monroes with Bilstein HDs
Strut Brace: my car came with one
RS Splitters: I have MA shaw ones, but if I had to do it now, i would get the GT3Tek ones
RS Skirts: got the GT3Tek ones, love them
Aluminum gauge rings: I got mine in the Holger Group buy a long time ago.
Valentine 1: I feel nekked without it, but honestly, good judgement is always your best guide.
tinted windows: matter of preference, but with a triple black coupe, I went with a med--light tint (I think it is 35%) to keep a little of the heat out.
stereo: I went a bit nuts, but I like good sound.
motorsound airbox: I drilled my own, cheap and easy.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Coming to Rennlist asking about mods is a bit like going to Amsterdam and asking which drug you should try...

Or which member of Congress is the biggest idiot.

Either way, lots of opinions, probably none of them wrong, but you have to decide what you want.

Even showing up at a local PCA AutoX will get you a chance to see most if not all the most popular mods up close and personal.

Stay away from SCarGo. It's filled with Porsche crack
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
sjsfiji
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank again to everyone for chiming in. I will heed everyone's advic and take it slow. I think I will start investing in more tools first, a better jack, and beefier stands. I might even consider Race Ramps, but they're useless when wheels have to be removed for the work required. Thanks again...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
you can just search for one of his posts, then click on his name and send him a PM, but keep in mind Chris travels a lot AND has a small child at home AND gets tons of email, so just be patient. OR you can just get them from FD Motorsports, which does have a website: http://fdmotorsports.net/index.htm
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
How does one contact Chris Walrod about these bushings? I searched and he doesn't seem to have a website.
Thanks.
Get them from FD Motorsports; they have a web site!!!

Quick Reply: '97 C2 Minimal Upgrade Recommendation...