Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

9m93 Speedster S #3 - Prime Time viewing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

"Wanted: Trustworthy & safe driver to share the driving of a unique Porsche 9m93 Speedster S on a transconinental trip back to the Fatherland from Blighty. Previous experience essential, pretenders need not apply."

Two 'plane rides later: JP arrives at Hotel Colin for the weekend to enjoy the party.

Day 1:
JP arrives at 9m in Graham's 9m93 Speedster S taxi to witness the end of the photo session in our workshop.
Then it's off to the match for JP when Colin & Sarah treat him to a visit to Warrington RLFC's home stadium to watch the Wolves thump Wigan Warriors 30 points to 10 in a thrilling Saturday evening top of the Super League table Rugby League clash.

Day 2:
With time to kill on the Sunday we take Woody out for a walk around a local attraction, Lymm Dam. It rains.
Peckish after our walk, we wander down to the vilage for lunch. It rains.
At nighfall RP lands at Manchester in the evening to begin the celebrations for real. It stops raining.

Day 3:
RP's first test drive of the finished car. No rain. Phew! Would help if you got in the car JP!
Back from an hour and a half's drive around Cheshire, all hands on deck for a final valet.

So that's pretty much everything from me folks as it's nearly time to handover to RP and JP who will hopefully post their road trip story.
Attached Images        
Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Amazing! Look at the smiles in the pictures. That says it all! Nice job guys!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Actually, I lied. I have one more thing to add for all you self-proclaimed Rennlist "S"perts:

JP & RP measured, debated and finally agreed on the optimal position of the "S" so we immediately re-stuck it there before they would give us the chance to stick it anywhere else!

"S" perfecto as our Spanish speaking friends would say and smiles all round means that we must have finally got it right. Thank goodness for that.....
Attached Images       

Last edited by NineMeister; 08-14-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:00 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Great job guys. Wish I had the means to own one of theses beautiful cars. Thanks for all the pictures.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Marshy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by briefescape
Wow . Looks really beautiful I am feeling it now .
To be honest I was not feeling it as much in the picture below but I sure am now . Congratulation to owner and 9M . Both have to be very please and more so after the " S " is realign

Cheers Guy
Stunning work fellas. Can't wait to see the next one....

Geoff
Old 08-14-2012, 03:06 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
"Wanted: Trustworthy & safe driver to share the driving of a unique Porsche 9m93 Speedster S on a transconinental trip back to the Fatherland from Blighty. Previous experience essential, pretenders need not apply."

Two 'plane rides later: JP arrives at Hotel Colin for the weekend to enjoy the party.
I'd have to inject here that if it weren't for Colin and his families incredible hospitality this probably couldn't have happened .. good company, amazing country, incredible cars .. what can I say? It was an offer I couldn't refuse! Here's the 9m93 Speedster S owner's club with the creators :-)

... and just for you RS fans ... a little 'Candy Store' quick tour of what's in the shop this week.
First up is a rolling shell, fresh from the dippers. What's that I see? Widebody rear quarters? No Sunroof? Factory welded in cage? I'm told it's a factory GT2RS shell .... I wonder what 9m has in store for that?

A local customers Rubyrot factory 964RS in for servicing ..

..and another customers Amethyst metallic (stunning!) factoyr 964RS getting some throttle body/air modifications and a few other 'tweaks' .. Oh . and this car's for sale for about the price of a mid-mileage 993 S .. left hand drive!

Of course ... Colin's Speed Yellow RSCS .. always a pleasure ..

... and of course, the resident monster that I'm sure you've seen over on the 964 forum. Pictures just don't do this car justice.

So ... close of day yesterday, SpeedyWhite is ready to head home to Budapest .. everything's sorted, neat and tidy, license plates are bolted on and some final pictures as this new 9m creation is sent on it's way ...
Here's the car with the ninemeister ...

and one of Arpad in his new hotrod with the leather hat his mom gave him to wear on the way home so his ears don't get cold! 'Awww mom ...

Ok ... we're headed off to the Chunnel/Eurostar this morning to catch the 1:30pm crossing .. should be in Germany tonight .. I'll keep you posted!

You're roving Speedster reporter ... over and out for now!

Last edited by JPP; 08-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Back to Fatherland

Road Trip!!

Up at the crack of dawn, the boys loaded up at Chez Colin and set forth on their journey.
Attached Images       
Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 AM
The Old Dutch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salute to the fantastic build and congratulations to the owner. An other NineMeister on the road! Should roll out one every week! Support, support, support .........
Keep the builds going!
And fellow Porschephiles, Warrington is the place to go for your wishes and special builds.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Marc W.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you all the best for your trip and of course a lot of fun. The weather is perfect to drive open this days in Germany!

But by the way: Is that a fake or did you really have installed a "windshot" at the Speedster?! That's not a convertible for mollycoddles...
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incredible car, congrats!

What an amazing trip too, have fun!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:50 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 177 Posts

I'm green with envy....of Arpad's new car and of JPP's trip of a lifetime.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Brian ^^ Put in your order yet?

Arpad-- Looking forward to some world-class Porsche destinations, & a meet-up with another 1st-rate RLer & his Speedster on this journey ... can't wait to see!

Absolutely LUV your smile in so many photos says it all.

Originally Posted by JPP

Arpad with the leather hat his mom gave him to wear on the way home so his ears don't get cold! 'Awww mom ...
You were definitely born into the right family; your mother has the perfect perspective.
Most moms would simply say, "There's a reason SpeedyWhite has a top, y'know!"
Future family driving gifts -- goggles & gloves

Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

CONGRATS!!!!

It took a bit more time for delivery, but It really deserved it!!!

Arpad, you're a lucky man!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by juankimalo
CONGRATS!!!!

It took a bit more time for delivery, but It really deserved it!!!

Arpad, you're a lucky man!

One massive lesson we learned with this car is that the turnaround time for delivery is proportional to the quality of the donor car delivered. It was not all bad though. The big win with Arpad's donor was the super low mileage of the engine/transmission and a near new clamshell; the big loss was that the bodyshell & anciliary components had seemingly been worked on by rock apes. Thankfully we had the parts available to put everything back in perfect working order.

You're right, he is a lucky man, in many more ways than one.

I just hope his family fully comprehend why he is now making space for a sofa bed in the garage.....
Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry for the delay .. we've been very busy as you can imagine. First, we drove to Dover to board the Eurostar train that runs in the Chunnel ..

We had perfect weather in England!! but an hour into Belgium and the heavens opened up on us ..

So .. as soon as we got to Germany we took advantage of the lack of speed limits and high-tailed it to Sutttgart. The following day, after a quick car wash .. we drove to Zueffenhausen to the Zentrum for a meeting with the Porsche folks about TUV process for licensing .. and also to ask some favors ..but since we were going by, we made a quick stop at Porsche Design headquarters ;-)

And then on to the Zentrum ..

We had to see the museum of course .. I've been there twice now but I never get tired of it ... but this time, a BIG surprise when I came around the corner and saw a special display case for the 60 years of Porsche Clubs with this in the middle. Congrats Andreas!

And then we got a call to meet a liason from Porsche who had agreed to grant us our favor ... and here is the result:

Everybody came over from the Cafe and the Museum shop to see the 'Special' car ... :-P

We are off tomorrow to Pfaffenhausen .. to another very special shop for Porsche ... I'll post up more about that in a few days!

Your roving Speedster Reporter .... till next time

Quick Reply: 9m93 Speedster S #3 - Prime Time viewing.