993 Forum 1995-1998

Possibly selling or trading in my car and I have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:28 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Possibly selling or trading in my car and I have a few questions

I see my self more and more staring and daydreaming about 993 coupes so maybe it is time to look in to selling the cab and look into a coupe. That Arena red thread has me really obsessed with Arena red right now that color is just so right on a 993. Anyways my main concern here is what do with my cab and its hardback sport seats. We all know they command a pretty hefty premium but most for sale ads from a private seller or even dealers don't seem to have their "worth" figured into the price. So here goes...should I sell my sport seats on the side, (maybe Rennlist, ebay, etc), and replace with stock black leather seats or just sell them with the car? It's not like I can ask $3,500 or $4,000 more because I have sport seats. What about my Fister stage III's. Most dealers want stock set up but that is not an option for me. Should I sell or trade for a stock set up? Let me know if you have any ideas? Thanks guys.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Chris

the car is very nice isn't it? Try getting your price thru here/Pelican, etc at first.

Trying to find a set of stock seats in excellent condition might take some effort. Factor in price for the seats, shipping, etc...might not be worth it.

Maybe ask for cash plus stock seats in trade? That might be an acheiveable goal, with both parties happy. Might net you an additional $2500 or so.

What are the HB details..heat, etc?

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:45 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I'd say closer to stock the better. You might take a hit on the car's value if the option tag lists the sport seats. If the car has a ton of miles, not so much.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on closer to stock for an easy sale. I agree with joe, try selling here and Pelican for a start. You have a nice looking car it should move quick.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The hardbacks are half power no heat. Excellent condition though virtually no wear at all on passenger and very minimal on drivers side. I am VERY careful getting in my car, and so is the wifey.

Quick Reply: Possibly selling or trading in my car and I have a few questions