Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A first (for me)

Old 07-10-2011, 02:09 PM
ard
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts
Default A first (for me)

I have finally achieved a modicum of success in setting up my 993's rear suspension to my liking.

Namely, with my setup consisting of Bilstein HD's, H&R lowering springs and an RS ARB, a set of custom-length curved drop links (courtesy of FDM) met all of my objectives:

1) 0 preload on the ARB
2) reaching the innermost hole on the RS ARB
3) full articulation of the suspension (from full compression to full droop) without interference between the (lower) trailing arm and the drop link.

The only compromise, and I consider it acceptable, is that the ARB is angled downward slightly, such that the ARB ends are now the lowest part on the underside of the car, but the change vis-a-vis my previous setup (RS drop links) is small.

Why did I go through this? Because the threads on the Bilsteins did not allow me to set the drop-link mount low enough on the shock body to run the RS drop-links in a manner I was comfortable with. With said setup, at partial droop, the lower trailing arm made contact with the RS droplink, meaning that the droplink was supporting the weight of the wheel assembly. This likely was only a problem when raising the rear wheels off the ground, but it bothered me nonetheless.

Regards,
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2011, 02:51 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A first (for me)