Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Pumpkin GT3RS this weekend (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/641345-pumpkin-gt3rs-this-weekend.html)

Spidey 993 06-27-2011 05:45 PM

Pumpkin GT3RS this weekend

I was in Boulder this weekend for my daughters softball games. I turn around and see a GT3RS parked along the street. After stalking the car for a bit, I introduced myself to the owner. He (Brad) is opening up a service center in Boulder called Go Factory and just purchased this bad boy a week or so ago.

The GT3RS is great in pictures, but in person it's a marvel to see. Here are a few shots I took.

PS. For Jim and Patrick, painted hardback GT3 seats (in orange even!)

Enjoy!

kjr914 06-27-2011 05:51 PM

Wood.

Only better in signal green. Or in my garage.

RDS928S 06-27-2011 05:54 PM

Those cars are cool but they are a dime a dozen @ monticello motor club.
Kind of sad. I still like em though.

FisterD 06-27-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by RDS928S (Post 8669637)

Maybe so but very scarse in my neck of the woods. I would love one!:burnout:

Chuck W. 06-27-2011 06:22 PM

I don't track my cars. It seems it would be a sin to own a car like that and not track it. Still, I would love to have one.

bb993tt 06-27-2011 06:37 PM

Most of the 3RS owners never take them out at MMC either.

NC TRACKRAT 06-27-2011 08:44 PM

O.K...I'll bite: For those at MMC who own GT3RS but don't track 'em,, what, if anything, do they track?

nile13 06-27-2011 09:11 PM

I hate them. Have to race against one in my class. In a Miata, no less. Like yesterday.

Magdaddy 06-27-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by bb993tt (Post 8669776)
Most of the 3RS owners never take them out at MMC either.

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT (Post 8670178)
O.K...I'll bite: For those at MMC who own GT3RS but don't track 'em,, what, if anything, do they track?

My guess is that don't actively participate. Just step out of the latest and greatest go fast Porsche, clad with all the appropriate EXPENSIVE racer footwear. Usually some kind of real cool shirt too.

Back in my auto x days, I was fortunate enough to get some laps in on some of the same(best of their time) cars. I was good friends witha doctor who knew most of these gentleman. The conversation would go something like this "this is Joe, you've seen him turn some pretty good times in his little ole 911...why don't you let him give yours a go?" followed by, "it'll be good for the car, exercise it a bit"

I got tossed the keys to stuff I still couldn't afford...used!

Thanks for the pics, orange for me baby all the way.

Mark in Baltimore 06-27-2011 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by RDS928S (Post 8669637)

Sad that you see so many cool cars at the track? What am I missing here?

993Brendan 06-27-2011 11:10 PM

Love it! That will definitely be my next car. They had two orange ones at our local dealer last summer and I visited them every other day until they sold. I'm sure my dealer was close to filing a restraining order.

tcsracing1 06-27-2011 11:18 PM

the 997.1RS is a modern classic :)

It is the daily driver of the likes of Jeff Zwart...

I personally like them because it a car that i can do everything with. Groceries, track, rallies etc....

Does it all very well and comfortably.

If you can find these for under $85k then you have a killer Porsche.

bb993tt 06-27-2011 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT (Post 8670178)

There are EXCEEDINGLY few members who don't actively participate in on track activities. Hell, even Jerry Seinfelt shows up from time to time. But I've seen far more GT3RS's in the parking lot than on the track. That's where the Ferrari's seem to congregate as well. There are some 3's out there but not many. What do these members drive? Something they can learn on and aggressively drive without putting the 3 at risk. Most common marques seem to be Mazda (Miata) Lotus (various) and Boxsters. And many of these guys go through the MMC race school picking up a NASA comp license along the way and from there into various W2W sanctioned events.

mrsullivan 06-28-2011 12:47 AM

ORANGE SEAT BACKS!!!!!!!!

Love it. Great pics. And cute boy. My guess is about 6 yrs old. I have a couple...and doing Porsche stuff with them is the best...

Spidey 993 06-28-2011 02:22 AM

Thanks, and almost 6. If you ask him he is 5 1/2. We are enjoying thus journey together for sure.

Regardless if these are tracked or not, rich boys toys, grocery runners, they are a piece if art to me. Simply stunning. I would love to have one sitting next to the TT for sure. Already working on my better half. :)