Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys have done a great sales job!
I am ready to set up my PPi as is.

Czar
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 PM
winterbigtree
6th Gear

Still no reply? 35K is still in my hand... better hurry before the wife grabs it..lol.... i don't want to beg anyone to take my money...

do you seriously want to sell the car?? I have the money and might even bypass the PPI to take the car home...
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Czar1
Rennlist Member

Jason,

I will wait for your reply, and I Am willing to do way better than his 35K and my wife doesn't care.

Czar
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Question. What is the actual mileage on the car? When speedometer was replaced, did the new speedometer read actual Canadian kilometers translated to miles? What does title say?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:36 PM
winterbigtree
6th Gear

Czar, the wife doesn't really care, but they do use it as a bargaining tool.... Now if you want a bidding war.... Lets go...
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM
ro9beam2002
Instructor

Hmmmm, I bet the OP is enjoying this.... Have a feeling this was planned..lol....
Old 06-22-2011, 10:08 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Czar1
Jason,

I will wait for your reply, and I Am willing to do way better than his 35K and my wife doesn't care.

Czar

Of course you know that no Rennlister can purchase another Rennlister's car unless the number of posts to their name exceeds 25!

Hope you catch this nice car.

Mark
Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe this is why Rennlist prefers an "asking price" to avoid situations like this, bidding wars. Myself, I also have 35k cash, hell I'd even consider paying 40k but not through a bidding war, if I wanted to do that I would be on Ebay. Still a nice car though, GLWS.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pewter82
The Speedo and ODO get changed when the car is brought into the country, the car is stamped and it can be licensed and insured in the US.

Thanks for seeing that I am not trying to make ALLl the money on the car. I don't "need" the money and I don't "need" to get rid of it. Its sitting, more than its moving, it can go to a new owner.

I'm taking into consideration the plugs,wires,distributer cap, rotor, fresh oil change, and whatever else the next owner will want to do to it. I could ask $40K and make another 1000, but I would rather do something I would like an owner to do for me...than to just get another 1000.

Some of you can understand this, others may not.
GLWS. 39 is more than fair for that car...Suspension/oil etc..are things that the new owner can do and have a very nice and tidy C4S. You have the right approach in my book.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:30 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pewter82
Spend the money and time taking it to STL or just sell it for $39k. The cars runs good now, I would rather have the next owner do it when they wanted to, and save a few thousand up front.
Time and money , your looking at close to $2000 to do everything. I don't wrench my own cars.
It seems the seller really would like to get $39,000 for the car.IMO it looks to be worth ever penny of that and more.It even has a new clutch!!If one of you potential buyers would step up and offer him that ,you will probably own the car.No bidding war needed!!Just my opinion.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mpgandco
It seems the seller really would like to get $39,000 for the car.IMO it looks to be worth ever penny of that and more.It even has a new clutch!!If one of you potential buyers would step up and offer him that ,you will probably own the car.No bidding war needed!!Just my opinion.
Ok I must have missed that. 39k is a good price for that car, but 39k is not mid 30's To the OP I'm just messing around with ya, kicking the tires in my head, crunching numbers, hopefully somebody jumps on this soon or I am going to wake up in the morning and have to tell my wife, "Good Morning babe, I just bought a third Porsche last night."
Old 06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Czar1
Rennlist Member

I have not heard back from Jason yet. I am sure I will tomorrow.
Also I am not real interested in a bidding war.
I agree with all pricing conversation mentioned earlier. 39 k is a fair price as long as car checks out.
Seems like this should be no problem. Sounds like Jason cared for the car.
I will pay him fair requested price of 39k.
Just need to make arrangements with him first

Czar
Old 06-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason,

I'm sure you have thought long and hard about this decision. Only you know if it makes sense for you. If you recall you helped me out with some numbers when I was thinking about adding a BMW to my 997.

I'm glad I waited because when a 88' Targa became available (on a whim) I jumped on it.

Couldn't be more thrilled to back with an air cooled Porsche. I had no idea how much I missed it until I got another one. I forgot about all the little things that make an air cooled so special. The tink, tink, tink in the garage after a hard run. I don't get that from my water pumper.

Just wanted to share my personal experience. When I sold my 993 and went to a 997 I had read all the posts about how much one misses the air cooled and figured that was them....I am different. I was wrong.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts

Great car, great price, great seller...GLWTS!!

Listed my '96 C2 today right before the OP did, sold it in 3hrs 13 minutes. Had a couple of emails suggesting the price was too low, one offering less than the listing, another offering a higher price and one suggesting the buyer was probably a dealer. Bottom line, it was listed here first at a fair market price because I wanted it to go to another enthusiast preferably a Rennlister, I wanted an easy, no hassle transaction. I found exactly what I was looking for in a buyer and he found exactly what he was looking for in a car. If it was a maximum ROI thing, this would have been the LAST place I listed.

For me it was a pay-it-forward sale. That's the spirit of Rennlist.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering selling the 96 C4S..