993 Forum 1995-1998

Flippin' Tires (Hankook Wear)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Flippin' Tires (Hankook Wear)

No, wasn't trying to PG rate an R comment.

Just that after ~10K miles with the Hankook V12 I'm pretty sure I've got more miles than most on a set of these things. But I did notice that slight inside wear, so I thought I'd swap them side-to-side yesterday. Wear can't be from camber, as this car basically has none. K-Toe? This car is literally the only car I've not personally aligned. Ever. And the only 911 I've owned that has ever been given to someone else to align since my first one in 1980. (Yes, done by one of the name, "go to" shops. I hadn't bought Walrod's K-Toe tool yet.) So I'll be weighing and stringing soon...............

Other photo is how ridiculous narrowbody wheels look on a widebody. Needed to mount up another set of RA1s for the yellow car, but the balance on one wheel came out screwy even after a couple of tries. And since the yellow car isn't street licensed, why not throw them on the 4S for a quick ride around town for a few days? That's a 10" rear, still with the 21mm spacer from the 19" GT3 wheels and a 275 tire.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Flippin' Tires (Hankook Wear)