993 Forum 1995-1998

How To Adjust The Brake/Gas Pedal To Any Position You Want

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by utahrock
... In the immediate future I've got my sights set on a new garage floor, a full set of Moduline cabinets and a 2-post lift. ...
I'm saving beer money.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:42 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by utahrock

Gas Pedal
... I read that some people said you could adjust the pedal higher, then adjust the cable at the engine to lengthen it and avoid stretching. …
The cable at the engine cannot be adjusted. Cable ends in a small rod clamp.
There is a way to lengthen the cable at the pedal and further adjust, apart from the pedal ball pivot.
The throttle cable is isolated in a thick rubber tube, for the half of its length.
The rubber thick isolated end goes out of the engine passes next to the gearbox (left) and stops just after the gearbox (back to front)
There is a metal tube soldered in the chassis that goes from the pedal , under the right side of driver seat, to the point close to the gearbox.
In other words, when you lets say install the cable on the engine, you pass it through the engine rear metal protection, hook it past the gearbox, until the opening tube underneath the middle of the car.
In this tube, you administer the metallic end of the cable all the way through the tube and it will pop out under the gas pedal in the cabin.
Now the rubber isolation end is in form of plastic bolt with threads 4-5 centimeters long.
After you administer the metal cable in the metal tube, you have to bolt the rubber cable end to the metal tube. The plastic bolt if tightened till the end gives you 4 to 5 centimeters of cable more, in the cabin.

To reach this cable plastic bolt, you have to remove the plastic tray under the rear seats, the one that contours the rear jacking points. The plastic adjustment bolt is 14mm

Of course, the cable race stays the same no matter what.

pS: I struggled to write the above , sometimes you just don't succeed in putting words to simple explanations
Old 06-06-2011, 07:48 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

here is a picture. the plastic adjustment is number 5
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2011, 11:40 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
I struggled to write the above , sometimes you just don't succeed in putting words to simple explanations
Clear enough for me.

Andreas
Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice work.

It must be the size 11.5's that I have....I never have had to adjust the pedals to get a good heel - toe (or more of a side to side for me....).

Cheers

Mike
Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
utahrock
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
There is a way to lengthen the cable at the pedal and further adjust, apart from the pedal ball pivot...
That construction makes sense - thanks for posting your explanation and the drawing, it's very helpful.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

It is I who should thank you, for the great post, regards

Andreas you are biased .......

Quick Reply: How To Adjust The Brake/Gas Pedal To Any Position You Want