Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and ABD warning lights came on today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 01:22 PM
993.Coupe
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I won't take a chance on a non-OEM part with the exception of brake rotors, prefer GIRO 2 piece from APEX in S. Carolina, and possibly performance brake pads for the track, and I will only use MOTUL 660 brake fluid, other than that, it's Factory OEM parts for me, with virtually no exceptions.

The best deal I've found on parts is from Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas, NV. No sales tax and they offer deals on shipping if the shipping $$$ is sufficient. I don't know what the magic # is on shipping.
I typically subscribe to your theory as well; just felt like tinkering with it tonight and the local O'Reillys has 2 available as I type...was just hoping others may have done something similar without issue. It is just a relay, right?
Old 09-09-2023, 03:16 PM
993.Coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by 993.Coupe
I typically subscribe to your theory as well; just felt like tinkering with it tonight and the local O'Reillys has 2 available as I type...was just hoping others may have done something similar without issue. It is just a relay, right?
New relays from O'Reilly's seem to have solved my warning light issue. I'll give it a few drives to make sure but no reoccurrence with 3 engine starts.
Old 10-11-2023, 01:52 PM
993.Coupe
Instructor

New relay's from O'Reilly's did the trick on the ABS light at start up.

I have also been getting in intermittent spoiler warning when even lightly accelerating up to 45mph-50mph. It will clear by itself after I press the Alarm switch to get rid of the (!) on the dash. Is there a relay I need to look at? Thank you!

Quick Reply: ABS and ABD warning lights came on today...