993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennlist and its people. Thanks, Dave!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Rennlist and its people. Thanks, Dave!!

I will say nothing new here that has not been said before. And it's not the first time I've experienced this in my 7+ years of 993 ownership and Rennlist membership. But it must be said, nevertheless.

The reason I own my second 993 is people on Rennlist. I am absolutely honest and certain of this - I would not own these cars without Rennlist and its members.

To make a long gushing story short - my car ate its alternator on Saturday. David (Dudley here), a local 'lister, offered his garage and expertise to install a replacement in my car. Things did not go smoothly with the rebuilt alternator and Dave spent 5.5 hours late yesterday patiently and diligently working on the car with me (with me standing over his shoulder, mostly). We finished at quarter to 1. 1 AM that is.

This is not the first time Dave has helped me and others. I've borrowed tools from him, got parts from him (I get a "local" discount, as in "free"). What can I say, but great "Thank You!" to an absolutely great guy! I know it's not unique here. But this was way above and beyond the call of simple P-car kinship, this is what makes this community a family to me.

David, big public thank you goes out to you for everything you've done! The least we can do is pay it forward when we can and keeping this family what it is - a family.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM
ga993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, i have a similar relationship with Cabrio993 here in the Atlanta area. He has helped me several times in his driveway fix minor stuff. Thanks Sergio!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Nice tribute to Dudley and Rennlist.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ga993
Agreed, i have a similar relationship with Cabrio993 here in the Atlanta area. He has helped me several times in his driveway fix minor stuff. Thanks Sergio!
You're more than welcome and thank you!

As Mike said, this is a great family. I'm just paying it forward.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:42 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Chuck, on the west coast, lent me a set of stock mufflers to try out. He sent them before I could even pay for shipping.

Quick Reply: Rennlist and its people. Thanks, Dave!!