Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Tangerine 993 Turbo for sale (pics)

Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Spidey 993

Good question. My plan was to buy a couple cars over the next few years, assuming I could find the "one" in each model. 993TT first, and then a GT3RS. My C2 only has 28k on it and in excellent condition. Having it in the garage scratches the itch enough to not jump on a car that doesn't fit my requirements. I'm putting Stage III mufflers on it this weekend and black tips. I can't imagine parting with it unless I needed the cash for something else.

Originally Posted by skl2
What are you going to do with your current C2?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

I saw this car at TrueSpeed last year and posted some photos. I would love to have it. But, not at $140,000.00.

If I had that one I would paint the seat backs orange and add orange seat belts.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
this would be in my driveway.
But, Oliver, that's where the "rub" is. Most likely, that's were it would stay.....in your driveway. To me a Ferrari just does not seem that driveable, as I would drive my Porsches 300-600 miles per sunny weekend.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas993
Most other modifications devalue the car. Or at least limit the number of interested buyers. However, many of these mods definitely upgrade the peformance of the car.
I think it's funny when people put performance modifications on their car and then never drive it. To me that's like putting a condom on and never...well you get the idea; what's the point?

I believe the true collector who is seeking super low mileage examples want their Porsches 100% factory original with no modifications, especially with respect to the more modern air cooled series; 3.2's, 964 & 993's.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
I think it's funny when people put performance modifications on their car and then never drive it. To me that's like putting a condom on and never...well you get the idea; what's the point?

I believe the true collector who is seeking super low mileage examples want their Porsches 100% factory original with no modifications, especially with respect to the more modern air cooled series; 3.2's, 964 & 993's.
I completely agree. And I drive my car! Just not as much as I want to.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Yuck!...maybe for a race car, but definitely not street......
Old 03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I have no idea about the value of this car, but I was aware of Andial well before I was a hardcore Porsche enthusiast. IIRC, their name was clearly associated with winning as far back as the IMSA Camel GT days with the 935's. I was in high school back then and was soaking up everything related to cars, not just P-cars. Anyone remember b+b and their nine-one-one slope conversions?

Oh, I love that orange!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:24 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I wouldn't value this car any more or less with the Andial mod.

I would certainly value a Ruf CTR 2 more than a comparable NA NB.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Spidey 993

To be honest, I have considered buying this car. My emotions where running high, then when the logic starts kicking in and trying to really put a value out the car, its near impossible for all the reasons mentioned above.

- Andial upgrade adds or takes away depending on how you value it
- Orange, love it or hate it
- What happens to the depreciation curve once an avg joe like me starts driving it, could sink like a brick

If I offered $120k, because I think thats the "value" to me, doesn't mean he will take it. Probably laugh at it. I don't think this guy really wants to sell it, and thus the inflated price. And I don't think a guy who thinks or worries about depreciation is going to buy it either. Its going to be bought by the guy with the ego and pocketbook to back it up, knowing he has 1 of 1 in existence.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcdude
I would certainly value a Ruf CTR 2 more than a comparable NA NB.
Gee that's good, since the CTR2 was originally priced at a tad over USD300,000.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that car, looks more like continental orange then tang..
Old 03-10-2011, 07:07 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Pure 993 sex.

$140K? Probably not. I think that particular car would pull the most $$$ completely stock. Unique colour (stunning IMHO), low miles, etc. The added "S" front spoiler, painted rockers, and painted calipers (if not from factory) detract from the car's originality which is absolutely key when looking for top $$$. As to the Andial motor (3.8 Twin-plug with 571HP if it's the same as the Excellence feature car from 1998), I'd rather have that in something with some miles so you could actually use it. RLer C.J.Ichiban's ex 993 Turbo with this same motor comes to mind.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tjeff993
- Orange, love it or hate it
- What happens to the depreciation curve once an avg joe like me starts driving it, could sink like a brick

If I offered $120k, because I think thats the "value" to me, doesn't mean he will take it. Probably laugh at it. I don't think this guy really wants to sell it
If you like orange, who cares what "others" think.

Don't think in terms of "depreciation" think in terms of consumption. During the ownership experience, you are consuming a portion of the car's value. Therefore, it may (could hold flat or even go up) become less valuable, but the benefits it provides the owner have value too.

I don't think they would laugh at an offer of $120K. That's a strong offer in my book. This is still a tough economy for luxury toys, but with that said, I feel our 993 values are moving up.

Always hard working with an unmotivated seller. Both parties, seller & buyer, need to be motivated, and negotiate in good faith.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bb993tt
Gee that's good, since the CTR2 was originally priced at a tad over USD300,000.
Exactly ... to me, as a buyer with some experience with turbos and modified turbos, a Turbo with a RUF serial number is a different ballpark than a Turbo with a Porsche serial number that was modded after the fact by Ruf or Andial. That's a very rare car.

The all-out Ruf cars built after the fact used to be done by a Ruf technician who would fly to the States and roost at your local independent shop to do the work. Andial cars came out of California. Definitely more of a full-blown approach than just a bolt on kit from somewhere. TechArt was edging toward that ballpark, too, with its close ties to the Porsche factory. It's a tear-it-down and start over philosophy.

I don't think a car with $40k in Andial or Ruf work on it is going to add $40k to the selling price. But while I wouldn't necessarily pay more for a 993 with an aftermarket supercharger, I would pay more for a Ruf or Andial car. How much more is the question.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
I'm thinking the Andial conversion adds no value and may even devalue the car, from a collectability standpoint; thoughts?

Also, is orange paint worth a $50,000 premium...assuming it has a value of around $90,000 if it's black or silver.
thats my thought on the Andial. It is not an Andial car, only modified. devalues a one off color car IMHO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tangerine 993 Turbo for sale (pics)