Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default July 8-14 2012

Originally Posted by curve lover
The photos on Porsche.com ^^ are of the 2011 Parade's winners of the 1973 Porsche 911T restored by Porsche Classic.
Hope PCA &/or Porsche has a nice surprise for us this year!

From 9 Magazine's "2011 PCA Porsche Parade In Full Swing; Restored Classic Unveiled," from last year's Parade:
Originally Posted by 9magazine.com

The 2011 Porsche Parade is a festival week for all Porsche enthusiasts by the Porsche Club of America.

We have posted a full gallery of photos on our facebook page.

In addition, Porsche Club Of America unveiled the 1973 Porsche 911T that was recently restored by Porsche Classic. Thanks to the “Revive the Passion” project, a US version 911 T Coupe from the year 1973 is one of the main attractions at Porsche Parade.

The fully restored classic will be raffled off among PCA members and handed over to its new owner. The outstanding feature of this project is the fact that all fans and enthusiasts of Porsche classic vehicles were able to follow the restoration of the vehicle on the Internet (www.porsche.com/classic).

The winner can look forward to becoming the proud owner of a collector’s item of great value. This is because the 911 T has been restored to its former glory by the experts at Porsche Classic in its home city of Stuttgart, where it was originally produced for the US market. “Made in Germany” for the second time – after 38 years.

The US version 911 T Coupe originates from the last year of production of the so-called F model. It features an air-cooled flat-six engine with a displacement of 2.4 liters and a power output of 103 kW (140 hp) at 5,600 rpm. Its top speed is 127 mph (205 km/h). This Porsche is characterized by its narrow body and is finished in the classic color combination Silver Metallic (exterior) and Black (interior). Paul Gregor from the Porsche Club Service: “The body form, color combination and year of production make this vehicle especially popular among collectors and ensure good value retention.”

Work on the 911 T took just under a year, from complete disassembly through to complete transformation. Right down to the very last screw, there was no part that did not pass through the hands of the experts at Porsche Classic to be checked, refurbished or replaced. For the extensive body work, the mechanics used either original parts or parts reproduced on the basis of the original documentation. In contrast, the latest methods were used to treat the body for corrosion protection. Electrophoretic dip coating is a standard process in the automotive industry. It guarantees optimum priming of the bodyshell and is therefore also used during complete restoration of vehicles at Porsche Classic. The experts at Porsche Classic have also moved with the times in terms of paints and therefore use only water-based multiple-coat paints for environmental reasons. As part of final acceptance, the vehicle was also subjected to stringent function and performance tests, using methods from current production in some cases.

The 911 T Coupe now shines again in its former glory and exudes the sporty charm of the 70s. Whether it is too valuable to move or too beautiful to be admired only standing still is something that the new owner must decide. The chances are that the temptation to drive the 911 T will just be too great.

911 T has been restored to its former glory by the experts at Porsche Classic in its home city of Stuttgart, where it was originally produced for the US market. “Made in Germany” for the second time – after 38 years.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:27 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Greetings from Salt Lake City!

Kudos to RLer hoggel for helping me & others out at every opportunity.
We met in '09 at the PCA Parade in Keystone, CO, & it's been fun keeping in touch since then.

He & his wife volunteered to welcome wayward folks as they arrived today for registration.

Greet to see familiar faces

Looking forward to meeting more RLers, at what promises to be a tremendous event.

Who else is here?
Stop by & say hi. To make it easire: look for the bleary-eyed guy in the white FDM "Kein Ersatz" T-shirt.
(Thanks to Darin for the gift at Rennsport Reunion -- putting it to good use )
Old 07-08-2012, 09:49 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Stop by & say hi. To make it easire: look for the bleary-eyed guy in the white FDM "Kein Ersatz" T-shirt.
(Thanks to Darin for the gift at Rennsport Reunion -- putting it to good use )

Just remember, if you take his picture send it to me so I can remake him into Mr. Pumpkin head before you post it.

Enjoy everyone.... There is nothing like a PCA Parade, except for the Rennsport Reunion.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:21 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Somewhere, alpinaDvl is thinking - "No, they're not doing it right ... the photo's supposed to decapitate him; that's the tradition."
Originally Posted by RJT

Just remember, if you take his picture send it to me so I can remake him into Mr. Pumpkin head before you post it.
Rennsport Reunion Pumpkinhead!
PCA Palooza Pumpkin!
Mrs. Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by RJT

Enjoy everyone.... There is nothing like a PCA Parade, except for the Rennsport Reunion.
So true. Was just talking with friends here about how the Parade's a bit of a "journey to Mecca" type experience ... when I mentioned how amazing Rennsport Reunion was, thus sidetracking the conversation as everyone went on for 15 minutes about the wonderment of the Porsche majesty last Oct @ Laguna Seca
Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Today was just a casual day, the real car events start tomorrow ... in a few short hours with taking the field for the Concours / Heritage Display / Corral, etc.

Sleep-deprived & dehydrated, I should be cleaning my 993 - or (more importantly) getting together with friends to drink while joking about cleaning cars

...but some impromptu pix to share first...

Turbo S under wraps? Glockler Spyder in back right

Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

RLer Hoggel's

Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Great pictures, I wish the white speedster was in my garage.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
WBYonder
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts

Hey, my friend Keith's car is in there! The arena red 96 with the extra picture of his Fikse. He'll be so happy; he just had his brakes powder coated before he went!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:44 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ Keith's car's cool

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S

Great pictures
Thanks, Tony!
Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S

I wish the white speedster was in my garage.
Same here. Plus, it was SO perfectly immaculate in person.

Luckily, I have the CO version of its license plate in my garage:

Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This is what clean machines look like outside of the parking garage

Old 07-16-2012, 11:52 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This is why there are mountains on the SLC Parade logo - gorgeous setting!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Glockler Roadster

I've had the pleasure of showing at Dana Point, CA, with Herb & Rose Wysard in the 356 Club's Concours, as well as PCA's "White Gloves" Concours. Amazing folks, & what a rarity. It aided Porsche's decision to make Speedsters, IMHO.

From the "Monterey Historics 2010" thread:
Originally Posted by RJT

Nice talking to you Jager. I'll give you a call and we can get together for a drink

Jo-- Like your pics of the Glockler at Carmel. Wouldn't be surprised if you know the owners.

Caught up with them & their Roadster recently at Dana Point, CA.

^^ Photography courtesy & copyright of Marc Karaoglan.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Lightbulb Remember: DO NOT CLIMB ON LIONS

Signs:

Tribute to F.A. "Butzi" Porsche, RIP.

Helpful reminder...

...but the most valuable advice was from the groundkeepers of the UT capitol building -- applicable to every day life

Quick Reply: 2012 National PCA Parade---Salt Lake City, UT