Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   A little Birdie told me.... (Rennsport Reunion IV Oct 2011) (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/620387-a-little-birdie-told-me-rennsport-reunion-iv-oct-2011-a.html)

RJT 03-06-2011 11:38 AM

A little Birdie told me.... (Rennsport Reunion IV Oct 2011)

..... Rennsport Reunion IV, Monterey CA October 13th through the 15th. PLUS, I just read about it on Facebook also, so it must be true. ;)

:thumbsup:

We've booked our rooms already before the announcement is officially made and got a kick butt deal :)

I just wanted my 993 buddies to know so we can all get together again and have some FUN!! A Rennlist Reunion at the Rennsport Reunion. How cool is that?

Anyone have a car we can borrow for the event <wink>

Nurburger 03-06-2011 03:10 PM

That's great news... Thanks for sharing.

RJT 03-06-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nurburger (Post 8358418)
That's great news... Thanks for sharing.

I'm so excited. I had to tell SOMEONE!!!! :)

Nurburger 03-06-2011 07:51 PM

I went in 07 for the first time & was looking forward to it last year.

Have to say that I'm very happy it's being held @ Laguna Seca rather than Daytona; MUCH better hotel & restaurant options!

Z356 03-07-2011 01:48 AM

Porsche Race Car Classic on October 16th!

The final event of that Rennsport week in California will be called the 'Porsche Race Car Classic'. It will be held at Quail Lodge on October 16th at the field where Porsche set up its 'Zentrum' for the Panamera world introduction several years ago. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime reunion of famous race cars and drivers from the period. The planning for this event started 3 years ago and you don't want to miss it. It is an expensive ticket (includes admission & unlimited food & drinks like The Quail in August) but $350 of the $400 ticket is a charitable contribution for cancer research and it's tax deductible. Like The Quail, tickets will be limited so plan ahead. Also suggest all make your hotel reservations early. z356 (Carmel)
http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic.com/

timothymoffat 03-07-2011 12:19 PM

Thanks JoAnne!!!!!!

I booked a room 5.2 miles (their description) away from Laguna Seca. ~$100/night.

mcongleton 03-07-2011 01:43 PM

Great news. I hope the turn out rivals Rennsport III, I would love to see an overflowing paddock.

Count me IN !!

RJT 03-07-2011 09:03 PM

The Birdie told me that tomorrow is the "official" all out announcement so get those reservations in before the crowd finds out.

It's already been posted on FB and Pelican and on the site for the Charity show on Saturday at the Quail Lodge.

Matt Lane 03-08-2011 12:47 PM

Formal PR just released. Contrary to some of the rumours leading up, the dates are 14-16 October, not starting on the 13th. Just a head's up for those booking hotels, etc.

We're booked and ready to go - can't wait!

PS - scored a 4 star $130 room at Portola Spa on Priceline last night.

FGL28 03-08-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8357835)
..... Rennsport Reunion IV, Monterey CA October 13th through the 15th. PLUS, I just read about it on Facebook also, so it must be true. ;)

:thumbsup:

We've booked our rooms already before the announcement is officially made and got a kick butt deal :)

I just wanted my 993 buddies to know so we can all get together again and have some FUN!! A Rennlist Reunion at the Rennsport Reunion. How cool is that?

Anyone have a car we can borrow for the event <wink>

I think your little bird is my source as well. :p I got reservations yesterday so I am in.:D

RJT 03-08-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 8364683)
Formal PR just released. Contrary to some of the rumours leading up, the dates are 14-16 October, not starting on the 13th. Just a head's up for those booking hotels, etc.

We're booked and ready to go - can't wait!

PS - scored a 4 star $130 room at Portola Spa on Priceline last night.

My Birdie is a sponsor and he still says the 13th to the 16th. There is supposed to be a HUGE caravan coming up from So. Cal on the 12th so I'm thinking there is going to be something happening on the 13th that I do not want to miss out on. It might not be an official Rennsport Reunion event on the 13th, but the Quail Lodge event on the 16th isn't an official Rennsport Reunion event either :) I really have no idea, but we'll be flying in on the 12th so we don't miss out on anything. Maybe the 13th is a free day at the track like it is before the Historics. It's one of my favorite days. Everyone is loose and they are just practicing and off loading the cars. It's a great day to take pictures since the track isn't crowded. Who knows..... MAYBE it's a wine tour and tech sessions ????? My mind is running amuck.

I'm hoping someone puts on some sort of a Festivus for the rest of us who can't attend the Porsche Race Car Classic Concours d’Elegance at the Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley on Sunday, Oct. 16th for one reason or the other. It is for a GREAT cause but not everyone can spend that sort of money to attend. Another show for the 'show what you drove' crowd for those who can't afford 400.00 per ticket would be nice. That way EVERYONE would be happy and everyone would have a chance to actually participate in something. One can dream anyway.... I suppose the Porsche Corral with be overkill enough for viewing "regular Porsches" <wink>

A lot of people have their hotels lined up already. :) I can't wait, but I said that already didn't I?

RJT 03-08-2011 08:36 PM

Ticket Info..... Get in on the Corral EARLY! There is going to be a limit of 250 cars. There are going to be a whole heck of a lot more Porsche's there than only 250. Even though I no longer have a 993, doesn't mean it's not my favorite P-car. I'd LOVE to see more 993's than anything else in the Paddock.... Hope there are at least a few 356's there too.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix_2011_Porsche

timothymoffat 03-08-2011 08:42 PM

:jumper::jumper: This is exciting!!!

I'll be skipping the event @ the Quail. Maybe we should start a "who's going and where I'm staying (optional)" thread in the near future?

FGL28 03-08-2011 08:42 PM

They are going to have to adjust that number up.

RJT 03-08-2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by FGL28 (Post 8366308)
They are going to have to adjust that number up.

Chirp Chirp......

Maybe that's all the Lower parking fits. Sounds about right if they park everyone in a spot with no one getting blocked in. It sucks though.

Parade laps? Cool.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat (Post 8366305)
:jumper::jumper: This is exciting!!!

I'll be skipping the event @ the Quail. Maybe we should start a "who's going and where I'm staying (optional)" thread in the near future?

You know where I'm staying.... <snicker>

That's actually a good idea since we'll all be spread out all over town depending on budget.

I'm still trying to figure out what is happening on the 13th.....

timothymoffat 03-08-2011 09:12 PM

The Coral............how does this work? Where can I register? Can it wait until Friday (I'm on a business trip)? So many questions.....:jumper::jumper:

JoAnne: PM sent.

RJT 03-08-2011 09:23 PM

Here you go Tim ~~ and the rest of ya.

Three day pass with Paddock and Corral parking

also

Parade lap if you want to do that too.

race911 03-08-2011 09:34 PM

Glad I looked back in on this to see they were selling tickets. Got the room yesterday--$62 for Fri/Sat at the Quality Inn on Munras. It's still showing $70/nt. I got in on a AAA rate.

If Joanne "needs" a 993 for the Parade laps, feel free to grab my car. (Let's say parade laps don't do a whole lot for me..............)

Not sure what will be going on in vendor row, but if the price isn't out of whack maybe we'll bring the "fake" 910 down to see if any of the original owning guys would like their own clone they can drive on the track without care. Save the serial numbered version for events like this. I see hell freezing over before they'd let me out on track to actually drive the thing. But maybe just maybe a 907? Might be motivation to get that guy finished since there are only three long tails in existence. Can always hope they'd overlook a serial number if there's not a real one showing up.

caronsd 03-08-2011 09:38 PM

Picked up my tickets, Corral Pass & Parade Lap... WooHoo. My room only cost a little over $300K (when I bought the acreage & built the house about 20 years ago in Monterey County)!

C4SJOHN 03-08-2011 09:40 PM

What hotel recommendations do you have for the rennlist group staying at? Thanks...

RJT 03-08-2011 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by caronsd (Post 8366504)
Picked up my tickets, Corral Pass & Parade Lap... WooHoo. My room only cost a little over $300K (when I bought the acreage & built the house about 20 years ago in Monterey County)!

SMART MAN!!! If we had moved to the Monterey Bay area 20 years ago when we talked about doing it, I am sure we'd still be there.

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8366486)
If Joanne "needs" a 993 for the Parade laps, feel free to grab my car. (Let's say parade laps don't do a whole lot for me..............)

Hmmmmmm sounds like a plan. Parade laps are just about my speed new days. :) Thank you Ken. You are too kind.

We are staying on Munras too. We like staying somewhere along that street on race weekends. We can park the car at the hotel and walk to a number restaurants on Munras and Abrigo and even the wharf. I don't need a frufru room and a spa hotel when I'm going to be at the track all day. All I need is a clean bed and shower at a quiet motel and I am more than happy. I'm not there to pamper, I there to get track dust all over my jeans! However, if it's not a race weekend, I'dexpect a frufru room with a spa. I am female after all. :)

Just thought of something: The Mucky Duck has 1/2 price Prime Rib on Wednesday nights (at least they used to) and a great selection of beer. You know where we'll be on Wednesday after we arrive.........

HEY!!! Maybe we can have a Rennlist dinner of Thursday night?

Ed Hughes 03-08-2011 10:06 PM

I booked the Hyatt at 6am this morning. Gotta keep the Platinum deal going.....besides, the Hyatt is probably the ultimate hotel parking lot for "late night socializing".

I'm not sure I'll be able to count to 993 on this one.....I'm probably trailering Ruby up. I'm driving the 993up for Car Week in August, so it's only fair. October in Monterey should be spectacular Targa weather.

Booked the 3 day tix with Porsche Corral this afternoon.

timothymoffat 03-08-2011 10:09 PM

How quickly will the Corral fill up? If I wait to buy the actual event tickets until Friday, will I miss out? I'm out of town on business.

Ed Hughes 03-08-2011 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by timothymoffat (Post 8366620)
How quickly will the Corral fill up? If I wait to buy the actual event tickets until Friday, will I miss out? I'm out of town on business.

Anybody's guess....my guess is it will be gone by then.

RJT 03-08-2011 10:17 PM

Mine too. 250 isn't many spots.

Hey Ed ~ The ultimate hotel parking lot for socializing was at a small Mom and Pop sort of dive on Fremont called the Lone Oak, we PCA folks called it the Lone Joke. We stayed there for years with PCA GPX and had a blast year after year despite of the old accomodations. We'd take over the whole motel. The parking lot is in the shape of a big "U". After the races and late into the night we'd all have our room doors open and just be kicking back with our friends and our cars. WE had parties. I remember the rooms were old and small and there was no air conditioning. They were so thrifty with the towels, that they would only put three in each room (four if you had the room with the hut tub). The towels were so threadbare that we'd all bring our own towels from home so we could at least dry off properly after a shower. We laughed a lot and it was so much fun. I really miss the good old days.

timothymoffat 03-08-2011 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8366643)
Anybody's guess....my guess is it will be gone by then.

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8366649)
Mine too. 250 isn't many spots.

Thanks!!!! Working on it now.:biggulp:

JDHertz11 03-08-2011 10:31 PM

Just booked it. Staying at the Marriott Monterey for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Thinking about shipping a car out there too...

race911 03-08-2011 10:34 PM

All the interest, maybe I should consider renting the C4S to one of you out-of-towners (though JoAnne gets it for the parade laps), and I'll contort myself in/out of the yellow car for the weekend. (Though JoAnne could take the yellow car out, whatever her preference.)

993C4RS 03-09-2011 02:48 AM

purchased Corral & parade lap!!

Can't wait and it's so far away!!

JDHertz11 03-09-2011 04:11 PM

Anyone live near Laguna Seca that wouldn't mind a car being delivered and picked up from there? I'd really like to ship a car out for the weekend, but the logistics of having it shipped to and from a hotel make it nearly impossible. Ideas anyone?

CAHRERA 03-09-2011 07:42 PM

Just ordered my Corral and Parade Lap....Does anyone know what day the Parade Lap is?

race911 03-09-2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JDHertz11 (Post 8368754)
Anyone live near Laguna Seca that wouldn't mind a car being delivered and picked up from there? I'd really like to ship a car out for the weekend, but the logistics of having it shipped to and from a hotel make it nearly impossible. Ideas anyone?

Bay Area proper make more sense? I'm 4 miles from the Oakland airport. Or if you're flying into SF, BART from SFO puts you off at the Coliseum 3 miles from my place. Could even do an SF airport run if the timing worked out.

curve lover 03-09-2011 07:55 PM

911magazine.com's "REPORT:Rennsport Reunion IV To Be Held At Laguna Seca:"

Originally Posted by 9 Magazine
March 7, 2011

Rennsport Reunion IV to be held at Leguna Seca Raceway, Oct. 13-15, 2011

The word around the Porsche community is that the Rennsport Reunion will be back for a fourth iteration. The previous RR, held at Daytona Motor Speedway was a huge success, with the next one hoping to build on that success. Porsche has supposedly committed to bringing their entire inventory of historic racing cars from the museum to Californias beautiful Sonoma Valley. Laguna Seca has long been a part of Porsche’s history, and it is the perfect location for a celebration of their racing success.

Book your plane tickets and hotel reservations now, as the best accommodations are sure to fill up quickly. Mark your calendar for October 13-15 2011, and we hope to see you there!

http://www.9magazine.com/wp-content/...79-580x411.jpg

RJT 03-09-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 8369468)

A little Late to the party Jager... ;) Where you been?
Did you get my email three days ago?
You'd better be there or you'll be on my poopoo list and then we wouldn't have any more fun.

Ken ~ If you can rent it, please do. Don't hold it up for me to be able to take out on a Parade Lap. I've been on the track before while others haven't. I'd be happy riding shot gun with anyone who has an open passenger seat and I think there might be a few of those. Maybe I should ask. :)

curve lover 03-09-2011 08:23 PM

Bought '3-Day Admission & Paddock with Porsche Car Corral Pass' & 'Parade Lap' tix.

Jo-- Thanks for the info & messages. You get my belated Christmas response?

I'll probably miss August's Monterey, CA car week :banghead:
... but should re-renter the country in time for this!!! (...if that falls through, there may be an extra Corral + Parade Lap tickets for sale later :o)

Staying near Del Monte golf course (zip 93940), & confirmed room for two other RLers I hope to pleasantly surprise soon ... wish I coulda found rooms for all of RL.
Excited!

curve lover 03-09-2011 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8366572)

HEY!!! Maybe we can have a Rennlist dinner of Thursday night?

Wanna rendezvous @ Tarpy's Roadhouse by Laguna Seca, like old times?

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8366707)

renting the C4S to one of you out-of-towners (though JoAnne gets it for the parade laps), and I'll contort myself in/out of the yellow car for the weekend. (Though JoAnne could take the yellow car out, whatever her preference.)

Ken-- I call dibs! :D If my red jalopy doesn't arrive AND another RLer's offer to drive his 993 falls through:

Buying dinner for you & your wife a fair price to drive whatever 993 you leave me? ;)

RJT 03-09-2011 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 8369505)

Ken-- I call dibs! :D If my red jalopy doesn't arrive AND another RLer's offer to drive his 993 falls through:

Buying dinner for you & your wife a fair price to drive whatever 993 you leave me? ;)

SHOOT, I'd buy him and his wife more than dinner to drive a car for the weekend!!!!! You have to think of something better than that :)

As for Tarpy's It would be okay on Thursday, but forget it on the weekend. Remember the parking nightmare last time? Robert drove around the lot for almost a 1/2 hour looking for a spot and was lucky to find one that was barely big enough to fit the MINI. I love Tarpy's but not THAT much. It's gotten too popular. :( There are other places in town with bigger lots and food that is just as good, I'm sure we could find somewhere for a GTG. :)

race911 03-09-2011 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 8369569)

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8369572)
SHOOT, I'd buy him and his wife more than dinner to drive a car for the weekend!!!!! You have to think of something better than that :)

Uh yeah, it's going to take some cash money to convince Karen she wants to ditch the street car off to a visitor, and ride up/back/around in a car that could make a good showing in any but the sports racer/prototype race groups............... So how tough IS it to actually enter the races???? With either of the faux RSs, 993 or 911 variety, if the 910 is a no-go.

(Last time the '73 was on track was there actually, the '04 Sports Car Invitational.)

Ed Hughes 03-09-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by CAHRERA (Post 8369422)
Just ordered my Corral and Parade Lap....Does anyone know what day the Parade Lap is?

If you ordered it, you'd have plainly seen it is on Saturday.

timothymoffat 03-09-2011 09:02 PM

Ordered my tickets thismorning. Corral and parade lap as well. Parade lap Saturday? Sounds great! I bought my tickets over the phone early today and was most definitely not told what day the parade lap was.

Speedy coming Jager??:jumper:

Ed Hughes 03-09-2011 09:22 PM

Google folks, Google!

The racetrack website has all of the ticket info.

NC TRACKRAT 03-09-2011 10:09 PM

For those of you on the Left Coast who were not able to attend RSIII in Daytona back in '07, don't miss this opportunity to see an incredible assembly of famous Porsche rennwagens and their drivers. RSIII was the best motorsport event I've ever attended (and I've been to a bunch!).

Ed Hughes 03-09-2011 10:23 PM

^^I've been saying the same thing ever since.

timothymoffat 03-09-2011 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8369766)
Google folks, Google!

The racetrack website has all of the ticket info.

Yes, yes it does. Sometimes internet access isn't always available. It obviously is now as I'm typing this but it wasn't as I was driving down the highway in a no-cell-service area earlier today.

Sorry for asking questions that have answers elsewhere but there's nothing wrong with repeating information here IMHO.

JDHertz11 03-10-2011 11:09 AM

Where are you shipping your car to?

race911 03-10-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8369471)
I'd be happy riding shot gun with anyone who has an open passenger seat and I think there might be a few of those. Maybe I should ask. :)

Can picture it now, JoAnne standing down in the entrance to T5 where they'll feed the cars on..........making it somehow obvious she'd like to ride along with a single.

(Random thought, but this event would be so much better if it were at Sears..........)

CAHRERA 03-10-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8369683)
If you ordered it, you'd have plainly seen it is on Saturday.

Thanks Ed, I didn't read it all the way through. I just click and ordered.

dcdude 03-10-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8369572)
As for Tarpy's It would be okay on Thursday, but forget it on the weekend. Remember the parking nightmare last time? Robert drove around the lot for almost a 1/2 hour looking for a spot and was lucky to find one that was barely big enough to fit the MINI. I love Tarpy's but not THAT much. It's gotten too popular. :( There are other places in town with bigger lots and food that is just as good, I'm sure we could find somewhere for a GTG. :)

+1. Maybe a "RL only" spot would be better and easier. I DO like the idea of a patio, though. If Mother Superior drafts up the weekend's party spot schedule, I'm pretty sure that the RL 993 boys will follow. Other options might be: Baja Cantina, Mission Ranch, Henry's BBQ and Village Fish House.

Ed Hughes 03-10-2011 01:45 PM

We have done Tarpy's a couple of times at the historics. The last time I went in '09 I kinda told myself never again-the parking sucks big time.

mrsullivan 03-10-2011 03:26 PM

Ok.... I am going to fly in for this I think. What's current thinking on best hotel options if one can get them...?

caronsd 03-10-2011 07:29 PM

I'll throw out an option for a RL dinner, although it's a little bit of a drive (oh darn... we HAVE to use the cars???).

There's a Mexican/Seafood place in Moss Landing called the Whole Enchilada - right on Highway 1, near the shadow of the power plant stacks. They recently (a few years ago) expanded their "empire" to include a fruit stand & coffee shop, etc. (in addition to the Biker bar that shares a wall with the restaurant). In doing so, they expanded the parking area a fair amount behind such that getting a bunch-o'-Porsches parked together without intervening minivans would be pretty easy.

Food is pretty good, as are the margaritas. That also can be a negative as it's probably a 14-mile drive or so back to Monterey.

Anyways, something to consider. They have a section of the dining room that could easily accommodate a good-sized group, especially if we're there on a Thursday.....

FGL28 03-10-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by caronsd (Post 8373013)
I'll throw out an option for a RL dinner, although it's a little bit of a drive (oh darn... we HAVE to use the cars???).

There's a Mexican/Seafood place in Moss Landing called the Whole Enchilada - right on Highway 1, near the shadow of the power plant stacks. They recently (a few years ago) expanded their "empire" to include a fruit stand & coffee shop, etc. (in addition to the Biker bar that shares a wall with the restaurant). In doing so, they expanded the parking area a fair amount behind such that getting a bunch-o'-Porsches parked together without intervening minivans would be pretty easy.

Food is pretty good, as are the margaritas. That also can be a negative as it's probably a 14-mile drive or so back to Monterey.

Anyways, something to consider. They have a section of the dining room that could easily accommodate a good-sized group, especially if we're there on a Thursday.....

Is that the one by Phil's Fish House?

I am up for it.

RJT 03-10-2011 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by mrsullivan (Post 8372070)
Ok.... I am going to fly in for this I think. What's current thinking on best hotel options if one can get them...?

Do you need fancy accommodations or is a motel okay for you?

So far we are all over town.

PM coming your way....

Porsche917K 03-10-2011 09:08 PM

I know several people who are staying at the Hyatt in Monterey.

RJT 03-10-2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8371464)
Can picture it now, JoAnne standing down in the entrance to T5 where they'll feed the cars on..........making it somehow obvious she'd like to ride along with a single.

(Random thought, but this event would be so much better if it were at Sears..........)

SOMEHOW OBVIOUS??? Hmmmm...... lol

Several people at the Hyatt.

Quite a few the Best Western Park Crest on Munras.

Several at the Embassy Suites.

A few at the Quality Inn on Munras.

A few at the Marriott.

A few at the Best Western in Seaside.

One at the Best Western on Fremont.

One at the Mariposa Inn.

One in Carmel at.... I forgot.

List goes on.

One at the Portola Hotel and Spa .

RJT 03-10-2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8371706)
We have done Tarpy's a couple of times at the historics. The last time I went in '09 I kinda told myself never again-the parking sucks big time.

That's what happened the last time we ate there in '09. The parking was so bad we said never again. Place is great, food is great, everyone wants to go there (and that's the problem). The parking SUCKS. Too bad they can't get along with the shopping center next door. All those signs that say you will be towed away if you park there and go to Tarpy's are very unfriendly.

I like the idea of going to the place in Moss Landing, but after a day at the track, wouldn't it be nice to just shower (PLEASE SHOWER!!!!) and find a place central to town so everyone can go and get there on time? Just thinking out loud guys..... I do that a lot. :)
Hmmm....Maybe we CAN do Moss Landing on Thursday for the Early birds? It's not that far out of town. No different really than going to Carmel Valley.
It does sound like a great place. Let's plan it there for tentatively for Thursday. I trust you since you live there. :) Do you think it would be crowded on Friday or Saturday?

Henry's BBQ? haven't been there before? Where is that? How's the parking?

Matt Lane 03-10-2011 09:20 PM

... One at the Portola Hotel and Spa Monterey.

Natalie and I will be driving the smokin' rental Mustang/Vette/Boxster/Whatever We Can Get Our Hands On!

Best,

Matt

RJT 03-10-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 8373387)
... One at the Portola Hotel and Spa Monterey.

Natalie and I will be driving the smokin' rental Mustang/Vette/Boxster/Whatever We Can Get Our Hands On!

Best,

Matt

They way my lucky has been going, we'll be the ones stuck in a Kia......

Added you to the list above.

FlatSix911 03-10-2011 09:37 PM

I'm in for the Rennsport Reunion IV :cheers:

I would also recommend the Baja Cantina instead of Tarpy's.

Matt Lane 03-10-2011 09:41 PM

Wherever y'all be organizing, Nat and I will be eating!

And drinking.

And cabbing it back to the hotel.

:icon107:

RJT 03-10-2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 8373462)
Wherever y'all be organizing, Nat and I will be eating!

And drinking.

And cabbing it back to the hotel.

:icon107:

Be waiting a while for a cab in Moss Landing methinks... :)

Baja Cantina ~ Fish Tacos.... Yummy. So we have to people suggesting Baja Cantina already.

I think it's going to have to come to a vote. Keep the suggestions coming and when we get a few months out, we can decide as a team. How's that?

FGL28 03-10-2011 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8373384)
That's what happened the last time we ate there in '09. The parking was so bad we said never again. Place is great, food is great, everyone wants to go there (and that's the problem). The parking SUCKS. Too bad they can't get along with the shopping center next door. All those signs that say you will be towed away if you park there and go to Tarpy's are very unfriendly.

I like the idea of going to the place in Moss Landing, but after a day at the track, wouldn't it be nice to just shower (PLEASE SHOWER!!!!) and find a place central to town so everyone can go and get there on time? Just thinking out loud guys..... I do that a lot. :)

Maybe we can do Moss Landing on Thursday for the Early birds?
It does sound like a great place.

Henry's BBQ? haven't been there before? Where is that?

Henry's is at 401 Lighthouse Avenue., Monterey, CA 93942

I have not eaten there but some woman who tried to pick me up at a cocktail party during Monterey week last summer thought it was great.:icon107:

Moss Landing is about 20 minutes from Carmel soyou can grab a shower before going.

And the place in Carmel is Carmel Bay View Inn.

What about that place in Carmel Valley?

Ed Hughes 03-10-2011 10:16 PM

I was going to suggest Baja Cantina. It too will be busy, but it can handle more people and certainly cars. I too think that after a long day at the track, maybe a quick spritz-the 20-30 minute drive to Moss Landing, or more specifically THE DRIVE BACK, may be a bit much when people get to "relaxing".

race911 03-11-2011 01:06 AM

Kula Ranch in Marina (parking so-so with the timeshare resort there)

Fandango in Pacific Grove (have their own lot)

Monterey Cookhouse on Fremont (street parking + lot)

Fishwife on Fremont in Seaside (street parking). This is would be the cafe, there's also another one (more of a proper restaurant?) in Pacific Grove that looks like it has its own parking.

Can always do Roy's at Spanish Bay!

curve lover 03-11-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Z356 (Post 8360159)

'Porsche Race Car Classic' will be held at Quail Lodge on October 16th
http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic.com/

Thanks for the info; sounds like a cool event for a great cause -- "to drive Lung Cancer off the planet."

http://carclassic.drupalgardens.com/...oster2_web.jpg

http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic...120_header.jpg

curve lover 03-11-2011 11:38 AM

If my red jalopy doesn't arrive AND another RLer's offer to drive his 993 falls through: drive whatever 993 you leave me? ;)

Originally Posted by timothymoffat (Post 8369710)

Speedy coming Jager??:jumper:

Tim-- Ever since she heard you'd be there, she hasn't let me sleep...
She still blames me for missing you (due to your bad timing last year) ;)
Definitely making the effort, but lots of logisitics ahead.

From your "993 Roadtrip Vancouver-Bay Area" thread:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 7824808)

Enjoyed hanging with Ken, his wife, & RLers @ Tarpy's Roadhouse.

too bad our schedules were off by a couple days for your road trip :banghead:
Great chatting on the phone!

If in Monterey, pull into Pebble Beach's polo fields (see below), where literally dozens of transporters are often parked, loading hundreds of rarities. I had a blast talking with the drivers & learning about the exotics they carried ... but I have a sickness :evilgrin:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 6828016)

curve lover 03-11-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JDHertz11 (Post 8371108)

Jason-- In 2009, she was delivered to the Pebble Beach polo field for Monterey Car Week (may not be an option for Rennsport Reunion). In 2010, she was delivered to a SFO / OAK-area RLer, similar to what I think Ken may have been recommending to you earlier in this thread.
I will let you know if/when I make progress. First step is getting me there, & my return from overseas might complicate that :banghead:

Delivery pic, from the "Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER" thread:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 6842804)

curve lover 03-11-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by FlatSix911 (Post 8373447)

I recommend the Baja Cantina.

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8373498)

Baja Cantina ~ Fish Tacos.... Yummy.

I think it's going to have to come to a vote.

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8373582)

I was going to suggest Baja Cantina.

Bueno :thumbsup:

From the "Monterey 2010 photo thread:"

Originally Posted by Olav A. (Post 7770130)

there is a great get together of car enthusiasts at Baha Cantina in Carmel Valley. Lots of interesting cars show up there. It's right beside Quail Lodge.

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 7811902)

^^ Mad propz to Olav! Incredible night there. Beyond words how many exotics constantly drove through the slammed parking lot, dying for a spot.

I had dinner with a Monterey friends I haven't seen in years; we all found the food & drink great.
Excellence Magazine editor Pete Stout said hi while I was parking.

A real RS:

http://a.imageshack.us/img203/4997/p8070054portrait.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img830/4825/p8070018contrast.jpg

mrsullivan 03-11-2011 12:50 PM

JoAnne, thanks for all the info. I am confirmed at the Marriott (using points) for Oct 13-16th. Looking forward to this...!

beagling 03-11-2011 01:45 PM

+1 on Corral Pass and 3 day Ticket.

I'll be at the Quail Lodge event as well.

verhag 03-11-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8366285)
Ticket Info..... Get in on the Corral EARLY! There is going to be a limit of 250 cars. There are going to be a whole heck of a lot more Porsche's there than only 250. Even though I no longer have a 993, doesn't mean it's not my favorite P-car. I'd LOVE to see more 993's than anything else in the Paddock.... Hope there are at least a few 356's there too.

Thank you JoAnne!!! You may no longer be an Arizona neighbor but you've come through for me again. It's Denny, the guy with the stuffed ballot boxes from Prescott last year. I just purchased tickets including Porsche Corral privileges....Monterrey, Big Sur, one of my favorite places on earth. Will be attending. Outstanding to come across this on Rennlist. Can't wait.

timothymoffat 03-11-2011 05:04 PM

If we're keeping a who's staying where list, I'm @ the Best Western Park Crest. Probably bring the 95.

verhag 03-11-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8366486)
Glad I looked back in on this to see they were selling tickets. Got the room yesterday--$62 for Fri/Sat at the Quality Inn on Munras. It's still showing $70/nt. I got in on a AAA rate.

Not sure what will be going on in vendor row, but if the price isn't out of whack maybe we'll bring the "fake" 910 down to see if any of the original owning guys would like their own clone they can drive on the track without care. Save the serial numbered version for events like this. I see hell freezing over before they'd let me out on track to actually drive the thing. But maybe just maybe a 907? Might be motivation to get that guy finished since there are only three long tails in existence. Can always hope they'd overlook a serial number if there's not a real one showing up.

Thanks for the tip...coming up from Phoenix, AZ and I just got booked here...incredible rate!

Denny

JPP 03-11-2011 06:17 PM

It appears I am in like flynn. 3-day Corral pass + Parade Lap ..:jumper: Can't wait to connect a few faces to names :-)

Matt Lane 03-11-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by verhag (Post 8375830)
Thank you JoAnne!!! You may no longer be an Arizona neighbor but you've come through for me again. It's Denny, the guy with the stuffed ballot boxes from Prescott last year. I just purchased tickets including Porsche Corral privileges....Monterrey, Big Sur, one of my favorite places on earth. Will be attending. Outstanding to come across this on Rennlist. Can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Matt (and Nat) from Montreal

RJT 03-11-2011 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by timothymoffat (Post 8375866)
If we're keeping a who's staying where list, I'm @ the Best Western Park Crest. Probably bring the 95.

Sounds like the Park Crest is going to have a lot of 993's in the lot :) Or at least 993 lovers in the rooms since a few of us will have to fly in.

Denny ~~~ You know I will never forget my Ballot stuffing 993 friend from Phoenix :) How can I? lol

verhag 03-12-2011 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 8376514)
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Matt (and Nat) from Montreal

Same to you and Nat....Montreal was great..wish we were coming back again for F1 this year....see you on the West Coast!

Denny

n9013c 03-12-2011 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bleucamaro (Dan) & I will also be at the Park Crest with either the 356 S90 or the Cayman S. Look forward to meeting y'all.

RJT 03-12-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by n9013c (Post 8377156)
Bleucamaro (Dan) & I will also be at the Park Crest with either the 356 S90 or the Cayman S. Look forward to meeting y'all.

Us too in a Kia or Hundai.

I think that is where all the tire kicking/kicking back with a beer BS sessions will be taking place since there are so many of us there. Just don't kick the tires on the Kia please. They just might go Pffffft.

JPP 03-12-2011 02:01 PM

^^^ Hey, I've had to drive a few Hundai's around in the past ... bodyshop wheels, L.A. Toy and Lit show wheels, Hershey Swap Meet wheels ... they're not so bad until you get back into your car :-)

Ed Hughes 03-12-2011 02:18 PM

Skip the Hyundais, the Malibus (worst seats on the planet), Toyotas and Nissans, and head for the Chrysler 300 or Charger aisle. Best all-around rental cars going, IMO. Ford Edge ain't bad either. Kia Soul is kinda fun.

C4SJOHN 03-12-2011 09:50 PM

I will be their, this should be a boat load of fun for me. I am staying in Carmel for three nights and will be their on Thursday in the morning or mid day. I will be watching and checking for meeting and dinner places and a schedule of events for each day. I have on order my three day pass for Laguna with a Porsche parking pass. I hope to see and meet alot of new people from this rennlist group that will be their....

dpressley 03-13-2011 05:04 AM

Happy Bday to me! Casa Munras for the Pressleys.

RJT 03-14-2011 11:02 PM

Deb!! You'll be close by. :) Maybe we can walk the track again like we did year two years ago during the historics.

fullbooker 03-15-2011 09:49 PM

I'm in, too! I just ordered my 3-Day tickets and the Car Corral Pass. Staying at the Olympia Lodge on Lighthouse in Pacific Grove. There are some wonderful restaurants in the area. Let me know if any of you are interested in a "group" dinner or ?
Looking forward to the fellowship!
Phil

bleucamaro 03-17-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by n9013c (Post 8377156)

Glad the OLD man chimed in, I'll toss in another vote for the Baja Cantina, as long as its not as insanely busy as it was during their cruise night at historics last year. . . that was bad.:icon501:

tanger 03-17-2011 08:58 PM

3-day/corral pass + parade lap ordered, just booked @ the Monterey Plaza. Looking forward to meeting folks...

race911 03-17-2011 09:16 PM

What's with all the mention of Kia, etc. rentals? No one wants to cruise around in the C4S? Promise I'll take the snow tires off! I can't give it away for the week, but I'm reasonable. And it might mean trailering the yellow car to the area, as no way will Karen want to ride in it down and back. (Still working on getting the 910 there. If so, the yellow car will just go down in the trailer with it.)

RJT 03-17-2011 10:36 PM

We are flying in so that is why the Kia mention. :)

Feel bad for the folks who were looking forward to driving up Hwy1 from So. Cal. Looks like it will be months before they get it opened again, at least that is what we are hearing down here. Did they figure out what caused it? Maybe if they didn't let trucks and 20,000+ motorhomes lumber up the road it would hold up better.

Hwy 1 should be open to sports cars and great drivers only. :)

Matt Lane 03-17-2011 10:46 PM

Seriously, what's up with highway 1? We are in fact planning the drive from Vegas as we speak.

Info appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

tanger 03-17-2011 10:55 PM

If this is what you are referring to, may not be as bad as initially reported ("indefinitely")

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8393620)
Feel bad for the folks who were looking forward to driving up Hwy1 from So. Cal. Looks like it will be months before they get it opened again, at least that is what we are hearing down here.

Ed Hughes 03-17-2011 11:04 PM

I drove 1 the last weekend in Jan. Other than a couple of construction areas, it was open the whole way up.

RJT 03-17-2011 11:06 PM

That's what I was referring to. Glad they think they can get if fixed quicker than "indefinately".

Ed Hughes 03-17-2011 11:11 PM

It is/was fine to drive. There were two one lane zones from Pismo to Mry. I wouldn't do it on a summer weekend day, but a weekday on the way up is fine.

Didnt know about the recent issue. I'd think by rr4, it would be fine.

race911 03-18-2011 12:25 AM

There's too much money involved not to have the road open, in some form, ASAP.

Chuck W. 03-18-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8357835)
..... Rennsport Reunion IV, Monterey CA

JoAnne.... Thanks for posting this. I have NEVER attented anything like this. I am in. I just purchase 3-day admission & Paddock with Corral pass and the Parade Lap.

verhag 03-18-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tanger (Post 8393683)
If this is what you are referring to, may not be as bad as initially reported ("indefinitely")

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

What a disappointment! The drive up and back Hwy1 was a major factor in my ordering tickets.....will keep fingers crossed....we have some time. Hope to see update posts later on this thread.

Thank you

tanger 03-18-2011 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome

http://jalopnik.com/#!5783331/rennsp...-retro-awesome
http://www.centuryofspeed.com/

RJT 03-18-2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by verhag (Post 8394955)
What a disappointment! The drive up and back Hwy1 was a major factor in my ordering tickets.....will keep fingers crossed....we have some time. Hope to see update posts later on this thread.

Thank you

Don't worry Denny. If they don't have it open by then, there are a TON of drives up to Monterey. Maybe they might not be as scenic, but there are many fantastic side roads that can be even more fun, if you can imagine that. Carmel Valley road comes to mind as one alternate off of 101 that I absolutely love, and it's a pretty drive too.

I WANT THE POSTER!!! I'll make more space on the wall, the ceiling if I have too. :)

Ed Hughes 03-18-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by verhag (Post 8394955)

Thank you

As stated, the road will be a non-issue by then. Trust me, if it is anything at all approaching RR3, you'll not be disappointed that you bought tix.

Chuck W. 03-19-2011 05:41 PM

FYI. I just booked a room at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course through Priceline.com for $126 a night.

cosmic_993 05-03-2011 11:45 PM

Im going to join in on the party on this one....just found out about this event....

and just bought 3 day pass with porsche corral.

where is everyone staying?

where/when is the RL dinner?

any ever camped out on the track in a tent?

Ed Hughes 05-03-2011 11:56 PM

I think most have posted their hotels on this thread. I'm at the Hyatt.

race911 05-04-2011 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic_993 (Post 8524835)
any ever camped out on the track in a tent?

Yeah, when I was 18 or 19 and it was a stretch to have the gas money to get to the track to volunteer with a race "team" (such as they were with SCCA), or to work corners, etc. for a PCA Time Trial.

But there are good facilities. I believe tent city is in the area up off of T6. If you're a camper, and not doing it for financial reasons, the weather will be on the cool side at night but you should have a good time.

curve lover 06-02-2011 12:51 AM

Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV Starts Its Engine

9magazine.com's "Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV Starts Its Engine:"

Groupings, Schedule of Greatest Gathering of Porsche Race Cars Released

Preparations for Rennsport Reunion IV continue, and Porsche Cars North America and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca today released the latest race groupings and schedules for the fourth installment of the now famous event to be held from October 14 – 16, 2011. This rare occasion will reunite the cars and drivers that together have written Porsche’s motorsports history during the last 60 years on all five continents.

When Porsche Cars North America held the first Rennsport Reunion in the summer of 2001 at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut, it didn’t take long for the participants to realize they were sharing in something extraordinary. Subsequent Rennsports, II and III, were both held at Daytona International Speedway in Florida and built upon the original premise, remarkable racecars reunited with their equally remarkable drivers.

As in the past three reunions, cars will be grouped by the period in which they raced so that enthusiasts can fully focus on the different motorsports eras with their ever more ferocious machines and increasingly sophisticated technology. All fans will have full access to both paddocks and trackside to view everything from the tiny but nimble Porsche 550 Spyder through the groundbreaking 906 and 908 with their plastic bodies to the mighty 917 with over 1,000 horsepower.

A majority of the hundreds of race cars expected will be made up by the many racing versions of Porsche’s iconic 911 model. From its rather humble beginnings as 911 TR in the mid-Sixties this car was for two decades the platform of motorsports legends. Letters and numbers such as RSR, 934 or 935 to GT3 series have stood for proven winners at that time and contributed heavily to the over 30,000 victories that Porsches collected over the past 60 years.

Eight groups promise a jam packed three-day racing program with practice, qualifying and warm-up for each group. The races will be complemented by an exhibition parade and a Concours on Saturday afternoon. The weekend will conclude with a guest appearance of the Cayman Interseries and a race of modern 911 Cup cars for the Rennsport Reunion Trophy.

http://www.9magazine.com/wp-content/.../05/100740.jpg

curve lover 06-03-2011 12:11 AM

9Magazine.com's "Rennsport Reunion IV & Race Car Classic To Complement Each Other:"

Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) and Porsche Race Car Classic (PRCC) jointly announced today that the organizations have coordinated their event activities to allow all Porsche enthusiasts to take full advantage of what will be an unprecedented celebration of Porsche’s rich motorsport history around the Monterey Peninsula over the third weekend in October.

The early run groups (1 and 2) of Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV, which include Porsche race cars from 1950 to1965 (from the Gmünd and 550, through the 718 and 904 as well as the 356 series race cars) will conclude their racing activities at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Saturday, October 15, 2011 so that they may fully participate in the PRCC activities at Quail Lodge on the following day upon invitation.

“Many Porsche enthusiasts are interested in older Porsche races cars as well as later ones, and the proximity of the two event locations on Sunday allows this to happen with ease”, observed Brian Redman, official ambassador to Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV.

http://www.9magazine.com/wp-content/.../05/100747.jpg

All of Porsche's early street cars, including Dr. Porsche's first 356 sports car in 1948, headed to the race track early in their model life (such as the 356 race car #49 in the photo), but the 550 Spyder (car #34 in the photo) was the first Porsche specialty built for racing. Both the 356 and the 550 Spyder together with many more of Porsche's silver race car period will be displayed at the Porsche Race Car Classic as well as raced on the track at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV.

azbanks 06-03-2011 07:33 AM

Are there any motels I should avoid?

Ed Hughes 06-03-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by azbanks (Post 8608196)

Those that promote hourly rates.

Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems 06-03-2011 04:49 PM

Sure looks like fun,....:)

I'll be there.

uscarrera 06-03-2011 07:39 PM

Looking for a crew pass ,attending from Florida not bringing car but want to be able to go everywhere at event, will cover any overcrew charges.
Thanks
Rich

Matt Lane 06-03-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8608612)
Those that promote hourly rates.

Ahhh, what we call here at home the $22 Sieste... 'Cause sometimes, I guess one just needs a nap.

;)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems (Post 8609531)
Sure looks like fun,....:)

I'll be there.

Steve, I'd love to meet you in person and say hello. I am sure we'll be able to get a little Rennlist gathering together...

Best,

Matt

RJT 06-03-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by azbanks (Post 8608196)

Any that are listed on the Bed Bug Registry, although some of those folks might have had sand fleas and blamed bed bugs.....

Is there anyone that can grab the Whole Enchilada for a Rennlist get together on Friday or Saturday night? It's the place that Steve C. recommended. I'm hearing more good things about that place and the parking shouldn't be a problem at all like at most the other places that were mentioned when this thread was just a baby way back when. That being said, we are flying in so parking isn't an issue for me.... but if it is for y'all, you pick the place and we'll be there. I don't care where we eat, it's just that it would be great to try to get everyone together. Heck, we might even be able to get together at the track for a Rennlist / Rennsport Reunion Photo op. How cool would that be? :)

Wow, October is almost here :)

curve lover 06-04-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8610205)

How cool would that be?

^^ Very! ^^

New on PCA.org:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5...reunioniva.jpg

Magdaddy 06-04-2011 07:35 PM

name tags?

1 Attachment(s)
you folks want a stash of Rennlist name tags for the event?

Somebody provide a mailing address, and I'll send out the estimated quantity(expertly provided by recepitent) of them for the event.

jager...you might have to white out/sharpie your own version.

Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems 06-04-2011 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 8610039)
Steve, I'd love to meet you in person and say hello. I am sure we'll be able to get a little Rennlist gathering together...
Matt

Hi Matt,

Likewise; there are a great number of people that I want to put a face to a familar name (and voice). :) :)

That weekend affords good opportunities.

RJT 06-04-2011 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Magdaddy (Post 8612050)
you folks want a stash of Rennlist name tags for the event?

Somebody provide a mailing address, and I'll send out the estimated quantity(expertly provided by recepitent) of them for the event.

jager...you might have to white out/sharpie your own version.

You are too kind. :)

I think they would be great to have for the dinner, but it's too early to tell how many folks will be there.......

f8vr993 06-05-2011 03:11 AM

Anyone from SoCal going up?

Chuck W. 06-05-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by f8vr993 (Post 8612717)

Yes sir! Hotel is booked and tickets are bought!

Ed Hughes 06-05-2011 02:19 PM

Yes, but I'm trailering the 911.

The 993 gets to drive up for car week in August.

f8vr993 06-05-2011 08:39 PM

I was a bit surprise that Porsche corral was still available!

blake 06-05-2011 08:49 PM

I plan to make the trek from Utah! Sounds like a lot of fun, and of course I look forward to meeting Rennlisters!

-B

95C4VanIsle 06-06-2011 02:36 AM

Wife and I are thinking about attending. We already have reservations at the Quality Inn in Monterey. I must be missing something but I don't see "corral" tickets for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

mcipseric 06-06-2011 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck W. (Post 8613127)
Yes sir! Hotel is booked and tickets are bought!

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8613399)
Yes, but I'm trailering the 911.

The 993 gets to drive up for car week in August.

Wife and I are going. Maybe a Rennlist 993 cocktail\dinner somewhere?

Ed Hughes 06-06-2011 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by mcipseric (Post 8615353)

I think that is what we're working toward here. Just need a good space that can accomodate us and the cars, with good food.

race911 06-06-2011 03:01 PM

Do we want to nail something down as far as a dinner? I'm happy to work on the details, but if deposit for a room/large party reservation is necessary I'll expect everyone seriously interested wouldn't be averse slicing up any up front costs.

Ed Hughes 06-06-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8615898)
Do we want to nail something down as far as a dinner? I'm happy to work on the details, but if deposit for a room/large party reservation is necessary I'll expect everyone seriously interested wouldn't be averse slicing up any up front costs.

I'd hope we don't have to do a deposit, but if we do, it only seems fair for everyone to pony up. I'd also put a no refund clause in unless 72hr notice or similar.

993C4RS 06-07-2011 12:20 AM

yup!

drivin' up friday, back monday!

ca993twin 06-07-2011 01:10 AM

Rufus is booked into the corral. I hope to see my buds there.

95C4VanIsle 06-07-2011 02:11 AM

Booked for the three days, including corral. Ken, barring unforeseen circumstances I would be happy to contribute to a place for dinner.

Chuck W. 06-07-2011 12:46 PM

Agreed..... I'll front money for the dinner also.

RJT 06-07-2011 08:47 PM

I don't think we'd need up front money for the Whole Enchilada, but you never know......

We do need someone close to let them know a mob will be taking the place over.... where ever we end up..... HOPEFULLY a place with parking, not like what happened a few years ago.....

f8vr993 06-08-2011 12:27 AM

Link to p-car corral...

race911 06-08-2011 12:10 PM

What I'm thinking is that if this a big enough group (20-30), then there might be a deposit required for a private room somewhere. If we're just talking about a reservation for 10-12 (but I'm thinking this will be quite a bit larger), then we're probably good to just make one somewhere. I'll work on some places, guessing Friday is preferred?

Preference (for me) is a decent restaurant. Last on the list, and where I'd likely turn the thing over to someone else, would be a banquet room at a hotel.

verhag 06-08-2011 03:35 PM

Caravan down the coast through Big Sur to Nepenthe ? Too far ?

cgfen 06-08-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by mcipseric (Post 8615353)

Eric,
just saw photo's of you / wife / car on the front cover of the OC PCA mag.
Very nice.
Congrat's

Craig

RJT 06-08-2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by verhag (Post 8622074)
Caravan down the coast through Big Sur to Nepenthe ? Too far ?

I'd say after a long day at the track....... yes, but that's just my opinion. I won't be the one driving though.

:)

Ken ~ You want to run with it?
I'm in total agreement with you..... hotel banquet room??? Waaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list. I'd rather we all buy a bucket of chicken and something to drink and meet at the park than dinner at a hotel. Actually that would be fun. A caterer Santa Barbara style BBQ at a local park. We did that one year with our PCA region after the historics (on a Friday night) and even invited the Borg Ward club to join us. We felt so sorry for them. They looked so alone. We didn't think they would show up, but they did. What a blast.

Ed Hughes 06-08-2011 09:17 PM

Yes, we need to keep it close. We had someone early on offer up a BBQ at his house in Santa Cruz, IIRC.

Matt Lane 06-08-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8621475)
What I'm thinking is that if this a big enough group (20-30), then there might be a deposit required for a private room somewhere. If we're just talking about a reservation for 10-12 (but I'm thinking this will be quite a bit larger), then we're probably good to just make one somewhere. I'll work on some places, guessing Friday is preferred?

Preference (for me) is a decent restaurant. Last on the list, and where I'd likely turn the thing over to someone else, would be a banquet room at a hotel.

Natalie and I are definitely in, coming from Montreal.

If this is a Rennlist thing, I am sure it would be a big group. If just from the 993 board, obviously less.

Glad to provide what limited help I can, but I'd say first step is to gauge numbers with some degree of accuracy so you know what you're looking for.

Ken (and JoAnne), I'm with you. A retaurant or even a picnic would be better than a hotel. Unless someone knows a really nice, scenic hotel that has room to flexibly accomodate a large group...

Looking forward to it!

Best,

Matt

Ed Hughes 06-08-2011 10:24 PM

The Hyatt, where a lot of people are staying, has a lot of open area on the grass.

Chuck W. 06-08-2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8623062)
The Hyatt, where a lot of people are staying, has a lot of open area on the grass.

I booked a room at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course through Priceline.com for $126 a night.

RJT 06-08-2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8623062)

With there permission.... of course. :)

October can't get her soon enough for me. I am so looking forward to a P-car vacation.

azbanks 06-15-2011 01:42 PM

An open grassy area sounds good to me. I'll have my 7 and 9 year old sons with me.

cosmic_993 06-16-2011 01:22 AM

Im also booked for the 3 day pass with Corral. and staying at the Marina Comfort Inn for $99 a nite.

mcipseric 06-16-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by cgfen (Post 8622696)
Eric,
just saw photo's of you / wife / car on the front cover of the OC PCA mag.
Very nice.
Congrat's

Craig

Thanks! We are having a lot of fun! Missed you at Chuckawalla. Hope to see you soon.

SheepHerder 06-16-2011 12:39 PM

My Wife and I are flying out from DC for this event. Staying at the Sanctuary Beach Resort, which I hope is nice. Can anybody recommend other things in the area? I'm thinking of taking her to San Francisco…but I’m hearing route 1 is under construction..
Thanks in advance. :)

il pirata 06-16-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by SheepHerder (Post 8641832)
My Wife and I are flying out from DC for this event. Staying at the Sanctuary Beach Resort, which I hope is nice. Can anybody recommend other things in the area? I'm thinking of taking her to San Francisco…but I’m hearing route 1 is under construction..
Thanks in advance. :)

If you are going north on 1 to SF there is some one way controlled taffic later in the night but otherwise an easy drive. Here is the link to the highway department for updated status. Just enter the highway number, 1 in this case.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

The drive north of Santa Cruz on 1 to SF is great! About halfway up is a little town called Pescadero...about 1 mile inland. You HAVE to eat at Duarte's...this is somewhat of a secret so do not tell anyone else;)

Ano Nuevo is a great place before Pescadero to stop and hike...you may need reservationns for certain areas

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=523

There is lots more...any questions please ask.

SheepHerder 06-16-2011 06:18 PM

Thanks il pirata, I'll be sure not to tell anybody about Duarte's. :)

curve lover 06-19-2011 11:31 PM

Imported from Australia to spread the Rennsport spirit:

curve lover 06-20-2011 11:44 PM

Interview with Klaus Bischof, man whose job many of us would quit ours for:

to have worked with these classic mechanical marvels the last 4 decades...

cgfen 06-28-2011 12:12 PM

bump

RJT 06-28-2011 08:52 PM

Thanks to a VERY NICE, WONDERFUL, KIND, CUTE, FUNNY, CUTE,GREAT, CUTE, SPECIAL, CUTE, HUGGABLE, CUTE, GRACIOUS, CUTE, HANDSOME and did I mention CUTE rennlister, Robert and I will have a 993 for the weekend. Oh Boy!!!!!!!!

Now to find those cheap seats on a flight to SFO......

FisterD 06-30-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8673163)
Thanks to a VERY NICE, WONDERFUL, KIND, CUTE, FUNNY, CUTE,GREAT, CUTE, SPECIAL, CUTE, HUGGABLE, CUTE, GRACIOUS, CUTE, HANDSOME and did I mention CUTE rennlister, Robert and I will have a 993 for the weekend. Oh Boy!!!!!!!!

That's great!
I just picked up my ticket. Please keep me posted on a get together.

RJT 06-30-2011 11:50 PM

Stay Tuned.......

:)

curve lover 07-01-2011 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8673163)

Jo-- Very happy for you & Robert!!!

...Now, as to the identity of the generous RLer & your description ^^ hmmmm.
Gyeesh I give up; RLers are naturally affable & attractive. One was even crowned Miss Croatia.

So, from your above words in bold, all I know is that it's not me :rolleyes:

Except for that huggable/ cute stuff http://www.porschemania.it/discus/clipart/knuddel.gif, this class act's my first guess:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 6890838)

RJT 07-05-2011 07:52 PM

I never kiss and tell....... ;)

....... and why is he touching YOUR car? EEEEEK......

curve lover 07-08-2011 12:43 AM

JoAnne's new nickname - 'Smokescreen' ;)

...I notice you didn't say "no"

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8689230)

I never kiss and tell....... ;)

....... and why is he touching YOUR car? EEEEEK......

Crazy, considering his rare Alpina draws admirers left & right, but IIRC, Alf asked for pictures with my red jalopy.
They have a thing for each other -- get along quite well :cheers:

Originally Posted by alpinadvl (Post 7039848)

roger's 2937 07-20-2011 12:58 PM

We have tickets for the event including the Porsche Corral. Where do I get tickets for the Parade Laps??

Roger B.

il pirata 07-20-2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by roger's 2937 (Post 8727512)
We have tickets for the event including the Porsche Corral. Where do I get tickets for the Parade Laps??

Roger B.

I understand that it is included with ticket.

Ed Hughes 07-20-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by il pirata (Post 8728067)
I understand that it is included with ticket.

I'm going off memory, but I don't think that is true? Laps typically are limited in slots and cost additional $.

ca993twin 07-20-2011 04:50 PM

Anybody gotten their actual tickets yet? I submitted my forms on June 6th. Should I be concerned yet?

Ed Hughes 07-20-2011 04:59 PM

No, Laguna Seca typically sends tix 2-4 weeks in advance of event.

il pirata 07-20-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by roger's 2937 (Post 8727512)

Roger B.

Per PCA

"PCA members will be invited to use a terrific PCA Hospitality and Membership center that will be open for all days of the event, October 14-16, to park safely in one of the Porsche Model-Specific Parking Corrals (a corral parking ticket will be required) and to enjoy Parade laps of the track with their Porsches."

The track does not have specific info on this yet but I assume if you are a PCA member AND you have a Porsche corral ticket you get to take a lap(s). You had to get the corral ticket when you purchased a three day ticket. I would guess if you are in the corral you get to do a parade lap even if you are not a PCA member...but this is a guess.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pa...3d9f27a838a784

MarkD 07-21-2011 12:31 AM

room booked, tickets ordered!
can't wait...

curve lover 07-27-2011 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8739228)

PM'ed you!

Good talk, 'Smokescreen' ;) See ya soon!

Originally Posted by JDHertz11 (Post 8371108)

JD, you have a PM ^^ :typing:

RJT 07-29-2011 09:00 PM

Getting excited, but having a heck of a time finding inexpensive airfare :(

Whatever happened to my fav SWA??? They are the most expensive and have been for the past two months that I've been looking.

Ed Hughes 07-29-2011 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8752438)
Getting excited, but having a heck of a time finding inexpensive airfare :(

Whatever happened to my fav SWA??? They are the most expensive and have been for the past two months that I've been looking.

SWA is no longer a low cost carrier. AA has a "sale" on now, I believe. I've purchased a few flights the last day or so, that are more reasonable than they have been of late.

RJT 07-29-2011 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8752450)
SWA is no longer a low cost carrier. AA has a "sale" on now, I believe. I've purchased a few flights the last day or so, that are more reasonable than they have been of late.

Thanks Ed. I'll look into AA. United has been cheaper too and we have lots of miles. might look into cashing a few of those in. We've been saving them for a trip to Croatia maybe next year.....

Chuck W. 07-30-2011 11:21 AM

I justed called Hyatt to add my platinum member number to my reservation. They are already full for that weekend. Glad I jumped on this early.

RJT 07-30-2011 11:36 AM

I just talked to a friend that lives in Monterey and he told us all not to panic. Town will be crowded, but not as crowded as it is for the August Hysterical week events. After all Rennnsport it is ONLY about Porsches. I know what he means, but it made me laugh none the less, especially since he is the epitome of a Porsche person.

curve lover 07-30-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8753315)

I just talked to a friend that lives in Monterey, he is the epitome of a Porsche person.

Y'all have lots of friends, but this one came to mind first...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3746/samiv.jpg

Coleman 07-30-2011 02:43 PM

If I dot drive my 993 back out from her current home on the east coast, I'll drive my motorbike down from NorCal.. I can still hang with your guys, right? :icon107::icon107:

RJT 07-30-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 8753652)
Y'all have lots of friends, but this one came to mind first...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3746/samiv.jpg

That be the one, and he doesn't have that Speedster anymore. He wishes he never sold it, but the dude was after him for YEARS and when people throw stupid money at you, you let it go....

RJT 07-30-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Coleman (Post 8753671)
If I dot drive my 993 back out from her current home on the east coast, I'll drive my motorbike down from NorCal.. I can still hang with your guys, right? :icon107::icon107:

OF COURSE! :)