Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   A little Birdie told me.... (Rennsport Reunion IV Oct 2011) (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/620387-a-little-birdie-told-me-rennsport-reunion-iv-oct-2011-a.html)

RJT 03-10-2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lane (Post 8373462)
Wherever y'all be organizing, Nat and I will be eating!

And drinking.

And cabbing it back to the hotel.

:icon107:

Be waiting a while for a cab in Moss Landing methinks... :)

Baja Cantina ~ Fish Tacos.... Yummy. So we have to people suggesting Baja Cantina already.

I think it's going to have to come to a vote. Keep the suggestions coming and when we get a few months out, we can decide as a team. How's that?

FGL28 03-10-2011 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8373384)
That's what happened the last time we ate there in '09. The parking was so bad we said never again. Place is great, food is great, everyone wants to go there (and that's the problem). The parking SUCKS. Too bad they can't get along with the shopping center next door. All those signs that say you will be towed away if you park there and go to Tarpy's are very unfriendly.

I like the idea of going to the place in Moss Landing, but after a day at the track, wouldn't it be nice to just shower (PLEASE SHOWER!!!!) and find a place central to town so everyone can go and get there on time? Just thinking out loud guys..... I do that a lot. :)

Maybe we can do Moss Landing on Thursday for the Early birds?
It does sound like a great place.

Henry's BBQ? haven't been there before? Where is that?

Henry's is at 401 Lighthouse Avenue., Monterey, CA 93942

I have not eaten there but some woman who tried to pick me up at a cocktail party during Monterey week last summer thought it was great.:icon107:

Moss Landing is about 20 minutes from Carmel soyou can grab a shower before going.

And the place in Carmel is Carmel Bay View Inn.

What about that place in Carmel Valley?

Ed Hughes 03-10-2011 10:16 PM

I was going to suggest Baja Cantina. It too will be busy, but it can handle more people and certainly cars. I too think that after a long day at the track, maybe a quick spritz-the 20-30 minute drive to Moss Landing, or more specifically THE DRIVE BACK, may be a bit much when people get to "relaxing".

race911 03-11-2011 01:06 AM

Kula Ranch in Marina (parking so-so with the timeshare resort there)

Fandango in Pacific Grove (have their own lot)

Monterey Cookhouse on Fremont (street parking + lot)

Fishwife on Fremont in Seaside (street parking). This is would be the cafe, there's also another one (more of a proper restaurant?) in Pacific Grove that looks like it has its own parking.

Can always do Roy's at Spanish Bay!

curve lover 03-11-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Z356 (Post 8360159)

'Porsche Race Car Classic' will be held at Quail Lodge on October 16th
http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic.com/

Thanks for the info; sounds like a cool event for a great cause -- "to drive Lung Cancer off the planet."

http://carclassic.drupalgardens.com/...oster2_web.jpg

http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic...120_header.jpg

curve lover 03-11-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 8369569)

If my red jalopy doesn't arrive AND another RLer's offer to drive his 993 falls through: drive whatever 993 you leave me? ;)

Originally Posted by timothymoffat (Post 8369710)

Speedy coming Jager??:jumper:

Tim-- Ever since she heard you'd be there, she hasn't let me sleep...
She still blames me for missing you (due to your bad timing last year) ;)
Definitely making the effort, but lots of logisitics ahead.

From your "993 Roadtrip Vancouver-Bay Area" thread:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 7824808)

Enjoyed hanging with Ken, his wife, & RLers @ Tarpy's Roadhouse.

too bad our schedules were off by a couple days for your road trip :banghead:
Great chatting on the phone!

If in Monterey, pull into Pebble Beach's polo fields (see below), where literally dozens of transporters are often parked, loading hundreds of rarities. I had a blast talking with the drivers & learning about the exotics they carried ... but I have a sickness :evilgrin:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 6828016)

curve lover 03-11-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JDHertz11 (Post 8371108)

Where are you shipping your car to?

Jason-- In 2009, she was delivered to the Pebble Beach polo field for Monterey Car Week (may not be an option for Rennsport Reunion). In 2010, she was delivered to a SFO / OAK-area RLer, similar to what I think Ken may have been recommending to you earlier in this thread.
I will let you know if/when I make progress. First step is getting me there, & my return from overseas might complicate that :banghead:

Delivery pic, from the "Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER" thread:

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 6842804)

curve lover 03-11-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by FlatSix911 (Post 8373447)

I recommend the Baja Cantina.

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8373498)

Baja Cantina ~ Fish Tacos.... Yummy.

I think it's going to have to come to a vote.

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes (Post 8373582)

I was going to suggest Baja Cantina.

Bueno :thumbsup:

From the "Monterey 2010 photo thread:"

Originally Posted by Olav A. (Post 7770130)

there is a great get together of car enthusiasts at Baha Cantina in Carmel Valley. Lots of interesting cars show up there. It's right beside Quail Lodge.

Originally Posted by curve lover (Post 7811902)

^^ Mad propz to Olav! Incredible night there. Beyond words how many exotics constantly drove through the slammed parking lot, dying for a spot.

I had dinner with a Monterey friends I haven't seen in years; we all found the food & drink great.
Excellence Magazine editor Pete Stout said hi while I was parking.

A real RS:

http://a.imageshack.us/img203/4997/p8070054portrait.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img830/4825/p8070018contrast.jpg

mrsullivan 03-11-2011 12:50 PM

JoAnne, thanks for all the info. I am confirmed at the Marriott (using points) for Oct 13-16th. Looking forward to this...!

beagling 03-11-2011 01:45 PM

+1 on Corral Pass and 3 day Ticket.

I'll be at the Quail Lodge event as well.

verhag 03-11-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RJT (Post 8366285)
Ticket Info..... Get in on the Corral EARLY! There is going to be a limit of 250 cars. There are going to be a whole heck of a lot more Porsche's there than only 250. Even though I no longer have a 993, doesn't mean it's not my favorite P-car. I'd LOVE to see more 993's than anything else in the Paddock.... Hope there are at least a few 356's there too.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix_2011_Porsche

Thank you JoAnne!!! You may no longer be an Arizona neighbor but you've come through for me again. It's Denny, the guy with the stuffed ballot boxes from Prescott last year. I just purchased tickets including Porsche Corral privileges....Monterrey, Big Sur, one of my favorite places on earth. Will be attending. Outstanding to come across this on Rennlist. Can't wait.

timothymoffat 03-11-2011 05:04 PM

If we're keeping a who's staying where list, I'm @ the Best Western Park Crest. Probably bring the 95.

verhag 03-11-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by race911 (Post 8366486)
Glad I looked back in on this to see they were selling tickets. Got the room yesterday--$62 for Fri/Sat at the Quality Inn on Munras. It's still showing $70/nt. I got in on a AAA rate.

If Joanne "needs" a 993 for the Parade laps, feel free to grab my car. (Let's say parade laps don't do a whole lot for me..............)

Not sure what will be going on in vendor row, but if the price isn't out of whack maybe we'll bring the "fake" 910 down to see if any of the original owning guys would like their own clone they can drive on the track without care. Save the serial numbered version for events like this. I see hell freezing over before they'd let me out on track to actually drive the thing. But maybe just maybe a 907? Might be motivation to get that guy finished since there are only three long tails in existence. Can always hope they'd overlook a serial number if there's not a real one showing up.

Thanks for the tip...coming up from Phoenix, AZ and I just got booked here...incredible rate!

Denny

JPP 03-11-2011 06:17 PM

It appears I am in like flynn. 3-day Corral pass + Parade Lap ..:jumper: Can't wait to connect a few faces to names :-)

Matt Lane 03-11-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by verhag (Post 8375830)
Thank you JoAnne!!! You may no longer be an Arizona neighbor but you've come through for me again. It's Denny, the guy with the stuffed ballot boxes from Prescott last year. I just purchased tickets including Porsche Corral privileges....Monterrey, Big Sur, one of my favorite places on earth. Will be attending. Outstanding to come across this on Rennlist. Can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Matt (and Nat) from Montreal