Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A little Birdie told me.... (Rennsport Reunion IV Oct 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Just ordered my Corral and Parade Lap....Does anyone know what day the Parade Lap is?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Anyone live near Laguna Seca that wouldn't mind a car being delivered and picked up from there? I'd really like to ship a car out for the weekend, but the logistics of having it shipped to and from a hotel make it nearly impossible. Ideas anyone?
Bay Area proper make more sense? I'm 4 miles from the Oakland airport. Or if you're flying into SF, BART from SFO puts you off at the Coliseum 3 miles from my place. Could even do an SF airport run if the timing worked out.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

911magazine.com's "REPORT:Rennsport Reunion IV To Be Held At Laguna Seca:"
Originally Posted by 9 Magazine
March 7, 2011

Rennsport Reunion IV to be held at Leguna Seca Raceway, Oct. 13-15, 2011

The word around the Porsche community is that the Rennsport Reunion will be back for a fourth iteration. The previous RR, held at Daytona Motor Speedway was a huge success, with the next one hoping to build on that success. Porsche has supposedly committed to bringing their entire inventory of historic racing cars from the museum to Californias beautiful Sonoma Valley. Laguna Seca has long been a part of Porsche’s history, and it is the perfect location for a celebration of their racing success.

Book your plane tickets and hotel reservations now, as the best accommodations are sure to fill up quickly. Mark your calendar for October 13-15 2011, and we hope to see you there!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
A little Late to the party Jager... Where you been?
Did you get my email three days ago?
You'd better be there or you'll be on my poopoo list and then we wouldn't have any more fun.

Ken ~ If you can rent it, please do. Don't hold it up for me to be able to take out on a Parade Lap. I've been on the track before while others haven't. I'd be happy riding shot gun with anyone who has an open passenger seat and I think there might be a few of those. Maybe I should ask.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bought '3-Day Admission & Paddock with Porsche Car Corral Pass' & 'Parade Lap' tix.

Jo-- Thanks for the info & messages. You get my belated Christmas response?

I'll probably miss August's Monterey, CA car week
... but should re-renter the country in time for this!!! (...if that falls through, there may be an extra Corral + Parade Lap tickets for sale later )

Staying near Del Monte golf course (zip 93940), & confirmed room for two other RLers I hope to pleasantly surprise soon ... wish I coulda found rooms for all of RL.
Excited!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT

HEY!!! Maybe we can have a Rennlist dinner of Thursday night?
Wanna rendezvous @ Tarpy's Roadhouse by Laguna Seca, like old times?

Originally Posted by race911

renting the C4S to one of you out-of-towners (though JoAnne gets it for the parade laps), and I'll contort myself in/out of the yellow car for the weekend. (Though JoAnne could take the yellow car out, whatever her preference.)
Ken-- I call dibs! If my red jalopy doesn't arrive AND another RLer's offer to drive his 993 falls through:

Buying dinner for you & your wife a fair price to drive whatever 993 you leave me?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Ken-- I call dibs! If my red jalopy doesn't arrive AND another RLer's offer to drive his 993 falls through:

Buying dinner for you & your wife a fair price to drive whatever 993 you leave me?

SHOOT, I'd buy him and his wife more than dinner to drive a car for the weekend!!!!! You have to think of something better than that

As for Tarpy's It would be okay on Thursday, but forget it on the weekend. Remember the parking nightmare last time? Robert drove around the lot for almost a 1/2 hour looking for a spot and was lucky to find one that was barely big enough to fit the MINI. I love Tarpy's but not THAT much. It's gotten too popular. There are other places in town with bigger lots and food that is just as good, I'm sure we could find somewhere for a GTG.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
SHOOT, I'd buy him and his wife more than dinner to drive a car for the weekend!!!!! You have to think of something better than that
Uh yeah, it's going to take some cash money to convince Karen she wants to ditch the street car off to a visitor, and ride up/back/around in a car that could make a good showing in any but the sports racer/prototype race groups............... So how tough IS it to actually enter the races???? With either of the faux RSs, 993 or 911 variety, if the 910 is a no-go.

(Last time the '73 was on track was there actually, the '04 Sports Car Invitational.)
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Just ordered my Corral and Parade Lap....Does anyone know what day the Parade Lap is?
If you ordered it, you'd have plainly seen it is on Saturday.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Ordered my tickets thismorning. Corral and parade lap as well. Parade lap Saturday? Sounds great! I bought my tickets over the phone early today and was most definitely not told what day the parade lap was.

Speedy coming Jager??
Old 03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Google folks, Google!

The racetrack website has all of the ticket info.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

For those of you on the Left Coast who were not able to attend RSIII in Daytona back in '07, don't miss this opportunity to see an incredible assembly of famous Porsche rennwagens and their drivers. RSIII was the best motorsport event I've ever attended (and I've been to a bunch!).
Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

^^I've been saying the same thing ever since.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Google folks, Google!

The racetrack website has all of the ticket info.
Yes, yes it does. Sometimes internet access isn't always available. It obviously is now as I'm typing this but it wasn't as I was driving down the highway in a no-cell-service area earlier today.

Sorry for asking questions that have answers elsewhere but there's nothing wrong with repeating information here IMHO.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Where are you shipping your car to?

Quick Reply: A little Birdie told me.... (Rennsport Reunion IV Oct 2011)