Notices

A little Birdie told me.... (Rennsport Reunion IV Oct 2011)

Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
timothymoffat
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Coral............how does this work? Where can I register? Can it wait until Friday (I'm on a business trip)? So many questions.....

JoAnne: PM sent.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 PM
RJT
Mother Superior :)
Lifetime Rennlist

Here you go Tim ~~ and the rest of ya.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix_2011_Porsche

Three day pass with Paddock and Corral parking

also

Parade lap if you want to do that too.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
race911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad I looked back in on this to see they were selling tickets. Got the room yesterday--$62 for Fri/Sat at the Quality Inn on Munras. It's still showing $70/nt. I got in on a AAA rate.

If Joanne "needs" a 993 for the Parade laps, feel free to grab my car. (Let's say parade laps don't do a whole lot for me..............)

Not sure what will be going on in vendor row, but if the price isn't out of whack maybe we'll bring the "fake" 910 down to see if any of the original owning guys would like their own clone they can drive on the track without care. Save the serial numbered version for events like this. I see hell freezing over before they'd let me out on track to actually drive the thing. But maybe just maybe a 907? Might be motivation to get that guy finished since there are only three long tails in existence. Can always hope they'd overlook a serial number if there's not a real one showing up.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:38 PM
caronsd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Picked up my tickets, Corral Pass & Parade Lap... WooHoo. My room only cost a little over $300K (when I bought the acreage & built the house about 20 years ago in Monterey County)!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

What hotel recommendations do you have for the rennlist group staying at? Thanks...

Last edited by C4SJOHN; 06-05-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 PM
RJT
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by caronsd View Post
Picked up my tickets, Corral Pass & Parade Lap... WooHoo. My room only cost a little over $300K (when I bought the acreage & built the house about 20 years ago in Monterey County)!

SMART MAN!!! If we had moved to the Monterey Bay area 20 years ago when we talked about doing it, I am sure we'd still be there.

Originally Posted by race911 View Post
If Joanne "needs" a 993 for the Parade laps, feel free to grab my car. (Let's say parade laps don't do a whole lot for me..............)

Hmmmmmm sounds like a plan. Parade laps are just about my speed new days. Thank you Ken. You are too kind.

We are staying on Munras too. We like staying somewhere along that street on race weekends. We can park the car at the hotel and walk to a number restaurants on Munras and Abrigo and even the wharf. I don't need a frufru room and a spa hotel when I'm going to be at the track all day. All I need is a clean bed and shower at a quiet motel and I am more than happy. I'm not there to pamper, I there to get track dust all over my jeans! However, if it's not a race weekend, I'dexpect a frufru room with a spa. I am female after all.

Just thought of something: The Mucky Duck has 1/2 price Prime Rib on Wednesday nights (at least they used to) and a great selection of beer. You know where we'll be on Wednesday after we arrive.........

HEY!!! Maybe we can have a Rennlist dinner of Thursday night?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Ed Hughes
Addict
Rennlist Member

I booked the Hyatt at 6am this morning. Gotta keep the Platinum deal going.....besides, the Hyatt is probably the ultimate hotel parking lot for "late night socializing".

I'm not sure I'll be able to count to 993 on this one.....I'm probably trailering Ruby up. I'm driving the 993up for Car Week in August, so it's only fair. October in Monterey should be spectacular Targa weather.

Booked the 3 day tix with Porsche Corral this afternoon.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
timothymoffat
Addict
Rennlist Member

How quickly will the Corral fill up? If I wait to buy the actual event tickets until Friday, will I miss out? I'm out of town on business.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Ed Hughes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by timothymoffat View Post
How quickly will the Corral fill up? If I wait to buy the actual event tickets until Friday, will I miss out? I'm out of town on business.
Anybody's guess....my guess is it will be gone by then.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
RJT
Lifetime Rennlist

Mine too. 250 isn't many spots.

Hey Ed ~ The ultimate hotel parking lot for socializing was at a small Mom and Pop sort of dive on Fremont called the Lone Oak, we PCA folks called it the Lone Joke. We stayed there for years with PCA GPX and had a blast year after year despite of the old accomodations. We'd take over the whole motel. The parking lot is in the shape of a big "U". After the races and late into the night we'd all have our room doors open and just be kicking back with our friends and our cars. WE had parties. I remember the rooms were old and small and there was no air conditioning. They were so thrifty with the towels, that they would only put three in each room (four if you had the room with the hut tub). The towels were so threadbare that we'd all bring our own towels from home so we could at least dry off properly after a shower. We laughed a lot and it was so much fun. I really miss the good old days.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
timothymoffat
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes View Post
Anybody's guess....my guess is it will be gone by then.
Originally Posted by RJT View Post
Mine too. 250 isn't many spots.
Thanks!!!! Working on it now.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 PM
JDHertz11
Super User

Just booked it. Staying at the Marriott Monterey for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Thinking about shipping a car out there too...
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM
race911
Addict
Rennlist Member

All the interest, maybe I should consider renting the C4S to one of you out-of-towners (though JoAnne gets it for the parade laps), and I'll contort myself in/out of the yellow car for the weekend. (Though JoAnne could take the yellow car out, whatever her preference.)
Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 AM
993C4RS
User

purchased Corral & parade lap!!

Can't wait and it's so far away!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
JDHertz11
Super User

Anyone live near Laguna Seca that wouldn't mind a car being delivered and picked up from there? I'd really like to ship a car out for the weekend, but the logistics of having it shipped to and from a hotel make it nearly impossible. Ideas anyone?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: