Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny I saw this too and thought the same..?? lol
Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

You could say it's just a tad out of place.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:23 AM
tommyg
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking At A Porsche 911?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My Lame-O-Meter says ...
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a lame idea at all!

Okay, let the flames begin. This is not a bad idea for Chevrolet. I'll bet that quite a few of us Rennlisters - be they 993 or other 911 owners, have owned Corvettes.

Okay, how many of you have owned a 'vette? (I have not - but I've always liked both the C5 and C6 models. Very good bang for the buck. World class performance at 1/2 the price)

If you think about this ad, where else could Chevrolet find a more homogenous group of certified car nuts than here? Putting an ad on during the Superbowl would be a waste of money. Wrong demographic. Certainly in the better auto magazines (Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc). Even in higher end "lifestyle" and "financial" magazines - (ex. Forbes, South Florida Living, etc).

The Marketing types at Chevrolet/Corvette and the top execs at GM have always known that the Corvette is an image car for them. Many people will go down to the local dealer and admire the 'vette - then wind up buying something else (because the significant other won't "hear" of them getting a 'vette (where are we going to put the kids?)).

I think it is a smart move.

Another related question: How many of you have owned other "sports cars" or "sports sedans" before or even after owning a 911? (I have - many times over). So if you're going to own a nice higher end car - Chevrolet should be "planting their flag" (it's called institutional advertising - and represents about 2/3 of the $600 billion spent annually on advertising in the Western World - that's tv, radio, print media) in places like Rennlist.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

That banner up top....Lame as hell. Would I love a Z06......YES!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also feel it is rather lame advertising but I would love to have a NEW Corvette in my garage along with my 993. I like nice performance vehicles and not just Porsches. Wake up in the morning and deciding which car to drive is a good thing. For the pure Porsche enthusiasts I can see how this would offend.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:34 AM
C2Cab95
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemikeandnancy
Okay, let the flames begin. This is not a bad idea for Chevrolet. I'll bet that quite a few of us Rennlisters - be they 993 or other 911 owners, have owned Corvettes.

Okay, how many of you have owned a 'vette? (I have not - but I've always liked both the C5 and C6 models. Very good bang for the buck. World class performance at 1/2 the price)

If you think about this ad, where else could Chevrolet find a more homogenous group of certified car nuts than here? Putting an ad on during the Superbowl would be a waste of money. Wrong demographic. Certainly in the better auto magazines (Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc). Even in higher end "lifestyle" and "financial" magazines - (ex. Forbes, South Florida Living, etc).

The Marketing types at Chevrolet/Corvette and the top execs at GM have always known that the Corvette is an image car for them. Many people will go down to the local dealer and admire the 'vette - then wind up buying something else (because the significant other won't "hear" of them getting a 'vette (where are we going to put the kids?)).

Another related question: How many of you have owned other "sports cars" or "sports sedans" before or even after owning a 911? (I have - many times over). So if you're going to own a nice higher end car - Chevrolet should be "planting their flag" (it's called institutional advertising - and represents about 2/3 of the $600 billion spent annually on advertising in the Western World - that's tv, radio, print media) in places like Rennlist.
Mustang...
Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 PM
got*ki
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a low ROI for the ad company but if the ad is helping to offset the cost of membership, then I say, "knock yourself out"....
Old 02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
cdmdriver
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am certainly not a Corvette guy nor will I ever be. Too much of a hairy chested with gold necklace Ricky Racer car for me. Definitely the wrong place for this ad. Porsche, there is no substitute.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cactus
That banner up top....Lame as hell. Would I love a Z06......YES!
WHAT??!! Cactus wants a Vette?? Next you're going to tell me there is no Santa Claus.

Andreas: Please weigh in on this.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemikeandnancy

Live axle, definitely.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:44 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ahhh. The Corvette...something to look forward to...
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

One of the many things that cause me to chuckle when it comes to North American performance cars are some of the emblems affixed to their cars telling me how many HP it has or that it has "tuned suspension".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: How lame is this?