OT but still a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:35 AM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT but still a Porsche

Hi All:

After numerous researches, I finally pull the trigger on a 2008 Cayenne S for my wife yesterday. Before buying a Cayenne, I was thinking of many many cars. This include Lexus LS430 that I ask for the forum opinion a month ago. I also looking at the Lexus RX350 since we have experience with a lot of snow this year.

Anyway, to make the long story short, I randomly shoot the email and give a rediculous offer to Porsche dealer for the 2008 Cayenne inventory they have. On Monday, I got a call from a dealer telling me that he has 1 Sand White Cayenne S with quite alot of option that I might be interested. He offer me the deal that is a few thousands lower than other Porsche dealers. I decided to take off work on Tuesday and take my wife to the dealer to chk on the car. Base on the deal he offer us, I thought he makes a mistake and thought that it must be a V6 Cayenne and not the S version. Upon arrival to the dealership, I inquire about the car the saleman spoke with me on the phone and VIOLA!! It is in fact a Cayenne S. After going back and forth on the value of my Trade In of the Minivan, we came to the conclusion and with the 60 months fiance rate of 1.9%..it is a fantastic deal.

Below are the picture of my wife new ride and now she can stop complaining to me that I am unfair to her by having a 993 and 996TT and she is driving the Mini Van! =)
Attached Images     
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats. I've been considering one of these for my wife. I just need to come to terms with the fact that we'll be visiting the gas station frequently.

I'm sure that some of us are curious to learn more about the incredible deal you negoatiated

Cheers,
Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

In my personal opinion, the car is good and I agreed with you on the gas consumption. Since it only give 18MPG on hwy and 13 MPG for the city. I live in the area where there arent too much traffic and most of the local drive offer 40-50 MPH speed limit. This so, would offer me the mileage close to 18MPG.

As for the deal, I got the car at $38K with the following option:

1) Prefer Package Plus - Bose system, Lictronic, headlight washer, Heated 2 front seat along with heated steering wheel, Sunroof, PCM 2.1 - Nav
2) Aluminum Roof Rack - which in my mind, add alot more character to the car
3) Dark wood package
4) Full Leather package
5) Back up camera
6) Trailer Hitch
7) XM Satellite Radio

The car comes with CPO which mean additonal 2 more year of warranty after the original warranty expire in July along with 100K miles

The car has 38K miles on the odometer, with new 4 tires. The dealer provided me with the full previous record and it shows that the 2 front rotors and pad was changed along with brake sensor less than 500 miles ago in Oct 2010

As for the condition of the car, it is in a VERY good condition without any sign of ding. Some very small scratches that you can not see if you are 5 feet away from the car.

I personally think it worth the money since with all the option along with the original car vaule, I got the car about 1/2 the price of when it was new.

By the way, I did test drive the V6 which many people swear that it is more than enough power. I found that the V6 is pretty weak on moving the 5000 lbs car. Has lots of lagging in power and the engine is very loud when step on it. Since I got the S for almost the V6 price, it is a no brainner for me to choose the S.

Hope the info above help you for your search on the Cayenne.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 AM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Forgot to mention. Porsche financing is offering 1.9% for 60 months!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks. I've read similar comments about the V6 and ironically the gas mileage is almost the same.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Very nice color combo...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Thank you!

I was little hesitate with the Havana Interior Color but it does grow on me after 2 days =)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts

Great purchase! As far as MPG goes...Im not sure about the 08, but we had an 04 Cayenne S and I took it to Florida from Iowa...packed with 4 people and a ton of stuff for our condo...I got just over 21 mpg over the course of the trip, which included long periods of 90-100 mph driving thru tennessee and kentucky. It did have air suspension, so it sat lower which Im sure helps a little. However, i think that is a great mpg for a big heavy truck going that fast.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrat! We absolutely love our 06 Cayenne S Titanium edition. We get about 15 mpg mixed city/highway, and I got up to 22 mpg on the freeway one time, but was driving miss Daisy.

Car is fast, handles great, don't feel like a 6000 lb SUV at all.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: OT but still a Porsche