Notices

Anyone selling 993 Hardback sportseats?

 
Old 11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
  #31  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,663
Default

Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
Coop...

a little pricey, no affiliation...

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/2077407876.html
I think I'd be very wary of anything by that seller. I cannot remember the details exactly, but I there was some discussion about this seller in general and this car in particular on this list and also on Pelican.

Caveat Emptor.
goofballdeluxe is online now  
Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 PM
  #32  
Magdaddy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Magdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oneida, New York
Posts: 4,008
Default

Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
Coop...

a little pricey, no affiliation...

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/2077407876.html
same guy...same car. Seats are worth only $3-3500 WITHOUT TRADE.

I can't say strongly enough, DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER. He has been trying to sell/part this car out since mid May. He paid $22k for the car, and that same night had it on CL for $33K. I was a buyer flying into Fla from NY, on a verbal deal with the PO. PO sold it out from under me to this guy, because of undeclared mechanical issues.

The seats are probably in nice shape, just worth no where near that kinda money.

keep looking
Magdaddy is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 04:49 AM
  #33  
J.Graham
User
 
J.Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 140
Default

Oh yes I did- and they are the bomb!
And Tim- thanks again for the gentle shove down that slope I keep reading about.
Email sent at 12:30 in the evening "Hey Tim I just found these on craigslist, they look like 993 Sport Seats"
Holy #### they are- buy them, buy them now! Let me know if you're not going to buy them because I will"
I get the call the next morning at about 9:am...
"It's Moffatt- did you get the seats?"
"Tim, I emailed the guy at 1:am last night"
"Ok- you gotta buy those seats! But if you don't want them-call me right away"
Well now I have to buy them. But I wasn't even looking for new seats- mine are perfect. But they're not sport seats- I'll be kicking myself for years to come- damn internet! Damn Moffatt! Oooh look at the pretty seats...

The universe works in mysterious ways. The guy selling mine didn't quite know what he had (911SC carerra turbo seats). GLWSearch, yours will show up soon.
J.Graham is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
  #34  
timothymoffat
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
timothymoffat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rainforest (Vancouver, BC)
Posts: 6,755
Default

Originally Posted by J.Graham View Post
Oh yes I did- and they are the bomb!
And Tim- thanks again for the gentle shove down that slope I keep reading about.
Email sent at 12:30 in the evening "Hey Tim I just found these on craigslist, they look like 993 Sport Seats"
Holy #### they are- buy them, buy them now! Let me know if you're not going to buy them because I will"
I get the call the next morning at about 9:am...
"It's Moffatt- did you get the seats?"
"Tim, I emailed the guy at 1:am last night"
"Ok- you gotta buy those seats! But if you don't want them-call me right away"
Well now I have to buy them. But I wasn't even looking for new seats- mine are perfect. But they're not sport seats- I'll be kicking myself for years to come- damn internet! Damn Moffatt! Oooh look at the pretty seats...

The universe works in mysterious ways. The guy selling mine didn't quite know what he had (911SC carerra turbo seats). GLWSearch, yours will show up soon.
I knew you'd chime in. You got the 993-relevant deal of the year IMHO.

Now, may I suggest some MY02 wheels (and your choice of tires) and say a Fister Stage III exhaust perhaps? With today's snowy conditions the ride down the slope is swift.
timothymoffat is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
  #35  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,663
Default

I'm so glad that Moffat isn't my neighbor. Or my financial advisor. He's a baaaad influence.
goofballdeluxe is online now  
Old 11-25-2010, 01:14 PM
  #36  
1pcarnut
Super User
 
1pcarnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sandy Eggo, Ca
Posts: 2,194
Default

Originally Posted by Magdaddy View Post
OK, HERE YOU GO BOYS! TOO FAST AND HOT SEATS FOR ME GREAT PRICE OK BOYS YOU NEED NOW OK BOYS

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...l-3-500-a.html

these seats are out of a 112k + car, albiet in very nice shape, are worth MAYBE $3500...probably more like $3K depending on condition...without trade. Do NOT trust this guy for a minute. He's been trying to sell/part this car out for months.

Be afraid, be very afraid
Too funny!

Total crook.
1pcarnut is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:42 PM
  #37  
J.Graham
User
 
J.Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 140
Default

I knew you'd chime in. You got the 993-relevant deal of the year IMHO. Now, may I suggest some MY02 wheels (and your choice of tires) and say a Fister Stage III exhaust perhaps? With today's snowy conditions the ride down the slope is swift.

Damn you Moffatt! I'm already not looking for MY02's and I found a local set last night- But luckily I don't know what size offsets I would need!
J.Graham is offline  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:56 PM
  #38  
timothymoffat
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
timothymoffat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rainforest (Vancouver, BC)
Posts: 6,755
Default

Originally Posted by J.Graham View Post
Damn you Moffatt! I'm already not looking for MY02's and I found a local set last night- But luckily I don't know what size offsets I would need!
52mm Front, 65mm rear are the offsets. If they are the wheels I'm thinking of, they'll fit perfectly. Just confirm they are OEM wheels and not replicas. Nothing wrong with the Italian replicas, just not worth as much (perhaps 50%?).

Do you need a friendly phone call to "help" with the process?
timothymoffat is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 02:47 AM
  #39  
J.Graham
User
 
J.Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 140
Default

No!
My 17" cups are fine- they're in perfect condition.
But they're not 18" MY02's... Oooh look at the pretty wheels, so sexy, so light, so easy to clean.
J.Graham is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 12:15 PM
  #40  
JPP
Super User
 
JPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In front of you and to the left ...
Posts: 5,409
Default

Originally Posted by timothymoffat View Post
Do you need a friendly phone call to "help" with the process?
He's the Debil in a Blue Suit, I tell ya. You let him in, you're gonna need a priest .....
JPP is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 07:48 PM
  #41  
Coop
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 698
Default

Lol, still need Cashmere/Tan seats!!!!!!!!!!!
Coop is offline  
Old 11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
  #42  
MarinS4
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MarinS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 935
Default

MarinS4 is offline  
Old 11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
  #43  
Deriffic
User
 
Deriffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 89
Default

Just curious, are those sport seats bolt on directly to exisitng brackets or require modification ? Thanks.
Deriffic is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 06:53 PM
  #44  
scott watkins
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
scott watkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,004
Default

scott watkins is offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 01:02 PM
  #45  
Coop
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 698
Default

Thanks Scott, I've been told to stay very away from this guy... Any other leads on 993 HBs would be appreciated; please PM me. Still looking for Cashmere / Tan set. Many thanks guys.
Coop is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: