993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking about a ducktail

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM
make_or_break
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a ducktail

Now that the motor mechanism that raises the spoiler on my car has gone TU, I have more of an excuse to consider alternatives (the first excuse was a pea-sized dent along the right side of the existing engine lid, right next to the grille). I've been looking at ducktails, having always liked the look. We can argue all we want about downforce or lack thereof, but since I don't track day my car it doesn't matter to me; I'll let the poor soul who will someday buy my car worry about that.

The one unit I've focused on is the 993 CF version by Getty Design. I've seen images of one of their carbon fiber units on Pelican Parts (non-993 version, I believe) and it looks pretty nice left au naturel, at least as far as the picture quality could show. Since my 993 is done up in metallic black, seems like the contrasting weave might be nice finish rather than painting it up. Does anyone around here have one of these? If so what are your impressions?
Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

When I decided on a ducktail, I too was thinking of the CF Getty Design. after speaking with them, they basically told me it is mainly for race applications and that the finish is not up to par for a nice street car. I went with their FRP version and have been very happy. We (FD Motorsports) now sell Getty Design products.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Thinking about a ducktail