Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Way cool!! What a special car!!
Old 07-04-2010, 03:02 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Lucky guy! (Still figuring I'll hack one of my own together sometime.)
Old 07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TYNUSKT
Very nice! Congrats.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
When I had my cab I always longed for one those five special cabs. That is a very special car and looks great. Congrates.
Thanks Chuck, not a Turbo, but ..... Hey guy, are you located close to Beverly Hills Porsche? I'd LOVE to have a set of BHP license plate rings ....

Originally Posted by dcdude
Let me be the crass one: am I correct in expecting that this is a more than $50K example?
Well, considering what it is, I think it should be. Having said that, they were asking $46K and I paid less than that.

Originally Posted by goldcountryboy
Wow, nice find.
One of those times for me where I wasn't really looking and when the deal appeared, I actually was in a position to make it happen ..

Originally Posted by Cactus
Love it!
Fat *** and rag top= Easy to love.

Originally Posted by logan2z
Beautiful, congratulations! Maybe we'll get to see the car at a future Bay Area Drive.
Yes, I think so because I intend to drive this car. I've got a little minor sorting to do, but I should be joining some of the summer get-together's in the near future if I hear about them ..

Originally Posted by 95_993
Great find and quick decision making on what looks to be a very unique car. Congrats!!
Yeah, I didn't have much time to make it work, he was advertised in only one place but was getting ready to throw a wider net ...

Originally Posted by nels415
Congrats on finding a rare beauty!

-nels
Thank you.

Originally Posted by larpy
I love stories like this. You find what you want, don't BS around, and know it is in your garage! Congrats. Are rare find indeed. I am a fan of the color combo and love the look.
Thanks larpy, I've always liked Arena/Grey too. It will be hard to keep clean compared to the white car, but that's just half the fun ...

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Holy widebodycab Batman! VERY nice. Glad to see you drove it home too.
You bet, Tim. This girl LOVES to run, has that harmonic synergy thing going on in the power band and just keeps stretching and pushing. There's no way she should be trucked around or garage-queened to death.

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Anyone know where the other 4 are? (not that I have any money.)
Another Rennlister here had one, Glacier White over Cashmere, a couple of years ago. He bought the car in California, shipped it home to Florida and drove it awhile, then sold it not too long ago. There's a couple of threads about it ..

Originally Posted by Speedyellow993
wow...didnt even know these existed !!

Congrats!
I wouldn't have recognized it for what it was if I hadn't read the threads on the white/cashmere car ^^^^^

Originally Posted by 95C4VanIsle
Great find! Nice to know a Rennlister has at least one of them.
Thanks. I'm going to try and do some more research and expand the knowledge base on these cars.

Originally Posted by MarkD
Dood...
I know, right .........
Old 07-04-2010, 04:24 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Way cool
Thanks Jason. Now I need to go through the whole damn lighting upgrade exercise again ...

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
COOL! Looks like it found a good home!

Yes, sport seats ARE that comfortable.
Well, it's top will be down ALOT more now. The seats fit me really well, but I'm one of those average height, skinny-butt guy's. 12 hours of driving home and I jumped right back in for lunch at the coast yesterday ...

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Way cool!! What a special car!!
Thanks Chris. BTW, the coupe got a set of your control arm bushing last week. Wow, what a difference THAT makes. That steering response/feel is tight as a tennis ball now ...

Originally Posted by race911
Lucky guy! (Still figuring I'll hack one of my own together sometime.)
Well, lucky and broke, but happy and that's what counts, right? There's a Rennlister here that converted a Midnight blue car somewhere in San Francisco I think. From the looks of it, a very nice job as well. I think if it's done right, your value will be there ....
Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
Holy widebodycab Batman! VERY nice. Glad to see you drove it home too.
You bet, Tim. This girl LOVES to run, has that harmonic synergy thing going on in the power band and just keeps stretching and pushing. There's no way she should be trucked around or garage-queened to death.
Nice car. As she's so rare, it may be a good idea to be "a bit of a garage" (as you also have the coupe to enjoy). Also may not be a good idea doing too many mods.
Look after her.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impulse is good

The car is great, but he impulse buy was as great. Nice move. Right up there with https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-nj-ct-pa.html. Top 10 for sure!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:11 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bouzoukikid
Nice car. As she's so rare, it may be a good idea to be "a bit of a garage" (as you also have the coupe to enjoy). Also may not be a good idea doing too many mods.
Look after her.
I'm just not that concerned about mileage, but upkeep and maintenance will be far above average, for sure. And as far as mods are concerned, the best part is the car came with pretty much everything I'd want and more. When I swap out the steering wheel, I'll send the original out for restoration and box it up ... See how I am ....

Originally Posted by Raptor
The car is great, but he impulse buy was as great. Nice move. Right up there with https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-nj-ct-pa.html. Top 10 for sure!
Oh, god. Please don't lump me in with that guy .....
Old 07-04-2010, 06:16 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I'm just not that concerned about mileage, but upkeep and maintenance will be far above average, for sure. And as far as mods are concerned, the best part is the car came with pretty much everything I'd want and more. When I swap out the steering wheel, I'll send the original out for restoration and box it up ... See how I am ....

Looking at rare cars from days long ago, I always find well cared for cars with miles far more interesting and appealing than out-of-the-box, ultra-low-mile cars.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Looking at rare cars from days long ago, I always find well cared for cars with miles far more interesting and appealing than out-of-the-box, ultra-low-mile cars.
Tim, we are on the same page ....
Old 07-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JP, thanks for the little history lesson. A new factoid for me. Great looking car. Good on you for following your heart! Enjoy it!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:43 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow JP, an excellent find! I can't wait to see it in person.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
losdeanos
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Cool, great looking car.

Quick Reply: Quintuplet arrives home ...