Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Riviera blue cab on Pelican

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Always another car. Not as nice as that thing was. I will miss it.

Mike
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 PM
P911Rfun
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmm...

I have been reading these forums for some time in search of a 993. The Riviera Blue 993 owned by Arena993 has been for sale here in Nashville on Craigslist. I had to chuckle because never does he mention the mileage is not accurate. It was during a search on Rennlist that I found the post started by Arena993 about how he had to sue the previous owner in California over the broken speedometer which had been broken for over a year or two. The other issue with this car is it has almost 100,000 miles on it and it has had NO major engine work completed to refresh it. A top end is expensive!

Here is the Craigslist posting:
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1756713773.html

“Up for sale is my 1995 Riviera Blue 993 Cabriolet, 6 speed manual with 99,008 miles. And yes this is the original color of the car. I have owned this car for almost 2 years and restored it to its original condition. There has been an enormous amount of work done to the car. Due to the limited space in the ad I will highlight a few of the things I did. Full repaint (there was no accident damage and the paint was not in horrible shape it was 15 years old and just tired and respraying the front end would have created a mismatch due to its age). New leather interior, new carpet, full mechanical service, new factory 993 Sport Seats, new brakes, new glass, new suspension, Turbo bumper, HID headlamps, RUF wheels and performance exhaust. All work done was with OEM parts except for a few items. There is not 1 single chip, scrape, rub mark, ding, scratch or blemish anywhere on the car. There is no service needed to the car since I did everything during the restoration. Since the restoration I have only put 3900 miles on the car. The reason for the sale is that I have relocated to Nashville and don't ever drive it anymore. I have every receipt for parts and labor and photo library of the work performed. Most people think the car is new. As I said earlier the amount of space was too small to list everything so please email me and I have a 3 page word document detailing all work performed as well as over 100 pictures of the restoration process from start to finish. This is about as nice as your going to get for a 1995 993 Cabriolet in a very rare color. Please email me for 3 page restoration sheet and pics. I answer emails promptly between 8:00AM - 9:00PM CST. Thank you for looking”
Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ay Carumba!!!
Quite a First Post turd in the ol' punchbowl. But you do have a point.

I think some folks have a natural aversion, deserved or not, to a restored car, no matter how well documented. And both these cars are either at or over that (mostly psychological) 100K-mile barrier. Add to that a market that's still kinda nervously flaky, and there they sit.

I love the color personally and think Mike's car is an absolutely steal at that price, but that's just me.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Arena993
Race Car

P911Rfun

If you would have requested the 3 page word document all that was listed on the sheet. As I stated in the ad I couldn't put evrything in due to space limitations. I did want to generate interest. I have never hid anything as it pertains to the car. The odometer issue was very well documented. Great 1st post you sure know how to make an impression.

Since you are so well versed as a user and posting links read this.

https://rennlist.com/forums/7176762-post1.html

Emphasis on item #3.

3. The odometer quit working when the previous owner had it. I replaced the odometer gears and all is functioning properly. I made the previous owner refund a portion of my purchase price through small claims court. We never had a decision by a judge we came to a meeting of the minds. The odometer gears do fail in these cars and it would have not stopped me from the purchase as I was going to restore the car anyways. I just believe in full disclosure. There is no reflection of this in the Carfax or the title just informing you in the spirit of full disclosure.

The buyer is also fully aware of this to. Unless you want to get in touch with him just to call me on the carpet. Post away and best of luck in your search. I hope you find the best car for you, just think of all the cars that have this common failure and the owners never say anything. Hmmmm back at ya.

Mike
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Mike you do NOT have to defend yourself here because I live thousand of miles away from you and I know for a fact you are up n up guy . I remember for instance me pm`ed asking if you could do me a favour and lay out $400 to make a purschase bid on Ebay item because I could not bid due to the fact seller was not accepting bids from outside USA . You step up without hesitation bid and purchasing item on my behalf and only after did you get my $$ . Mike sold plenty of items on here for more than fair prices . My experience with Mike I am sure is only one of many other Rennlisters stories .

I do not really blame P911Rfun on the surface BUT IMHO keep reading alot more about 993 because the quote
" The other issue with this car is it has almost 100,000 miles on it and it has had NO major engine work completed to refresh it. A top end is expensive! "

only means you have alot to learn because ..... 100,000 miles no major engine work = the car was driven and maintenance taken care like it is suppose too .
I have 2 cars exactly like Mike both have more miles then his , neither have had major engine repair and I do not see engine repairs in the near future .

So P911Rfun welcome to this forum and may I suggest trying to be more careful
with your next 993 post and then you can throw **** at the fan . Again welcome and stick around and familiarize yourself with 911s and afterwards do not beat yourself up too much realizing you missed out on Mike`s great car

Cheers Guy
Old 06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

What did the car finally sell for?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by P911Rfun
I have been reading these forums for some time in search of a 993. ........The other issue with this car is it has almost 100,000 miles on it and it has had NO major engine work completed to refresh it. A top end is expensive!
Usually an introduction is the best way to enter any forum. Instead, you come in with accusations of wrong doing by a LONG TIME respected member here. Someone who has sold 993s to others who also post here. Very cl***y 1st post.

100,000 miles with no topend? What's your point? I know of and have driven several 993s (and other 911s for that matter) with far more miles than that and they show zero signs of needing imminent work.

EDIT: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...249-948-a.html

PS: Mike, I'm happy you sold your car if that's what you want. I'm sad that I won't get to see it at Tommy.

Last edited by timothymoffat; 07-01-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
My car just sold today.

Mike
Someone got one heck of a car.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

My car just sold today.

Mike

You failed to mention this today! Happy for you because that was what you wanted but StrekStrekStrekStrek........
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

While I am happy for Mike, I am conflicted. So long as it was unsold on RL, it was always "there," which meant regular exposure to and viewing of a car completed the way many of us desire, and the outside (albeit remote) chance that I would make a move on it. Now that is history and I can join all the other RL folks (less one apparently) that wish Mike well and eagerly anticipate his next project (suspiciously sounds like BMW or MB, though). In retrospect (and less selfishly), sorry it took so long for someone to make the move. He's a lucky guy or she's a lucky gal or it's a lucky person. Whatever.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Thanks for all the + feedback. They guy who bought the car is a Rennlister and I will allow him to introduce the car and himself when he deems appropriate. The buyer and I spoke about my car 6 months ago and he realized the value. I am sorry to see it go, but I guess being a true car guy I am always looking for the next one. Mr Raptor is correct I am looking at MB (SL-500) and BMW (645 CSI) for the next go around. Though I keep getting tugged back to a 997 as well. I am not going anywhere as I have made friends here beyond the ownership of a P-car. The buyer is a good Joe and he will be posting I'm sure when the time is right. Mr. Raptor did you get the PM?

Mike
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

....Car needs nothing.....
It "needed" a speedster conversion.....

That should have been your "next project" since you already have some of the parts...

Last edited by David in LA; 07-01-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Condolences Mike, and congratulations to the new owner! You have, I mean had, a beautiful car that was very nicely restored. Looking forward to seeing your next project!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by David in LA
It "needed" a speedster conversion.....

That should have been your "next project" since you already have some of the parts...
David you are a bad influence. Very bad.

Originally Posted by BSL
Condolences Mike, and congratulations to the new owner! You have, I mean had, a beautiful car that was very nicely restored. Looking forward to seeing your next project!
Thank you mr BSL

Mike
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
What did the car finally sell for?
I will leave that for the new owner to make the selling price public.

Mike

Quick Reply: Riviera blue cab on Pelican