Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT - Does anyone know a good Mercedes forum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:17 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by twinreds
Warning before you go to MBWorld:

Get ready to:
1- get trashed for not owning the same vehicle than the majority (ie, I own an E63 but the majority an E55)
2-get bored by claims of who is faster
3-get bored by claims that the day they were not faster, was because they had a broken intercooler pump
4-get bored by claims of why an E55 if the best and fastest car in the world
5-get bored by explanations of why the best and fastest car in the world failed to work or be fast
6-get bored by #3 above to explain #5 above
7-get bored by claims of beating another car in street races and no evidence to prove
8-get trashed if you mention that street racing should not be part of our cars' enjoyment
9-basically, get trashed for no reason
10-enjoy watching a group of juveniles trash one another
11-enjoy hearing a bunch of guys claiming to be "drivers" because they can drive fast for 1/4 mile
12-enjoy watching the definition of insanity come alive ("attempting the same thing over and over again expecting a different result")

I recommend you go and see yourself, I love just to read on...

You've missed one.lol..the FS section....list a car FS and you will be told how your car is overpriced, it ain't go happen, it sold at auction for x so u shoud get x - y now, and on and on and on...

see...

^ lol. You have proved nothing but the opposite of that remark. You cared so much that you took your time to post pictures of me.....I just tried to inform you that if you want to sell your car anytime soon, you'll have to lower your price. The car is 8 years old man.

Oh geez. Asking for pictures is a terrible insult. How dare I use such vulgar terminology. Your 100k is an insult to your intelligence level. And posting a 137k appraisal value is also retarded.

Here is a dealer selling for less. It has less mileage too.
http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...ider_109375274

Another one for 85k dealer too.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Im just sick of people asking crazy prices. I seem to be the only person who asks for a reasonable amount. I sell about 20 cars a year, all of which sell within a month. Why? Because Im not greedy
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
Need some help on a MB I am trying to buy and have found a few forums out there that are not well attended. Does anyone know of a "Rennlist" type forum for Mercedes? I am looking at the 2003-08 SL Class.
Mike, the only true Rennlist type forum is this: http://mbca.cartama.net/

It's the MBCA (Mercedes Benz Club of America) forum. Not super heavy traffic like MBWorld, but it's very civil and you'll get knowledgeable responses.

MBWorld is okay, but as already mentioned can be somewhat juvenile at times.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:39 AM
twinreds
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I always read the forum for a good laugh.
Here are some excerpts, notice how talented on making drawing conlusions from a situation that is completely theoretical (this is one of the guys that tried to lure a Supra into street racing):

"Very true on them being monsters -- Its not like I have a lot to lose -- If i can hang = it is a victory -- and I am just curious how my car will do against one --- its not like there are a lot of cars worth racing -- our cars are really fast

So, that Supra was either super tricked out "waste of his time" or only slightly modded "afraid he will lose" -- otherwise he should have raced me.

Also, his window was rolled down -- going about 80mph and you can hear my supercharger very easily, even with the windows up"

Quick Reply: OT - Does anyone know a good Mercedes forum?