993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennspeed, dealt with them?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile Rennspeed, dealt with them?

Guys and Gals,

I am looking for a GT2 front splitter for my 993 NB car. I know that MA Shaw and Getty Design have them, probably Better Bodies too. All to be of good quality.

Having said that (Stole this phrase from Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld Reunion Episodes), a fellow Rennlister told me about Rennspeed, located in Duarte, CA. He has a Turbo S splitter from Rennspeed, loved the quality and fit, hmmmm. The Rennspeed front splitter is about 20% cheaper...since I made 20% less money in 2009 compared to 2008, perhaps a bargain is worth looking into?

http://www.rennspd.com/Products.asp?...ID=11&catID=12

Any feedback on Rennspeed? I plan on checking them out in person tomorrow (1/8/10). They seem friendly enough...I hope this is not one of those organ stealing operations operating under the cover of selling Porsche parts!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Evan Fullerton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We put a Rennspeed rear bumper on my Dad's mid year 911 and it is of decent quality and fit, fine for a track/race car. We even left it unpainted as the car is a very similar color white. I wouldn't call it excellent but for the price it seems to have been a good deal compared to the competition. Rennspeed is a smallish place in a warehouse complex that does not do much face to face business so it may be worth a call to make sure they have the part you need before you drive out there as I have my suspicion that they buy and resell minor blem parts made by one of the other companies. I have nothing to back this up, it is just a theory.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid almost twice that for a piece out of Germany and tore the bottom off the first time out at the track See if they'll do a GB price and maybe we can drum up a few more to chip in, I know I could use a new one.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my ducktail from Rennspeed.....so they're a legit shop. Quality and fit is decent. Nice website though
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Having said that..."
I love that show too.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole front of my car is from there. In my avatar the front bumper and Turbo S splitter is from there all fiberglass. Im now all fiberglass body except for tub and rear fenders.

Im no body guy and I fit and painted all this stuff myself. Fiberglass is not perfect from anybody you will order from... ITs not hard to work with though. Bottom picture is from my last club race with it all on and painted up.

I will use them again if needed...

Old 01-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default I'll check them out tomorrow....

Gasser and others have had good experience(s) with them. I will check them out tomorrow....I am taking my checkbook. Having said that, my Getty Design front splitter, fiberglass (never been hit, cracked or repaired, is coming off the car. I am going to GT2 front splitters to match the GT2 tail.

The Getty Design was originally on a 993 Turbo car, it went on to mine with no alterations. Make me an offer I can't refuse...$1.00, I can refuse that!

BTW, the photo was taken at Buttonwillow Racxeway in Central California. The site was rumored to be a former nuclear waste dump site...sure looks that way to me.
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking good, I am going to be looking at the GT2 splitters, so I will be interestedin how they are, keep us informed Martin.

Gasser, what rotors are you running on the front of your car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rennspeed, dealt with them?