993 Forum 1995-1998

Installed a set of Dachs Xpipes today

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Riods007
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

What sounds better fabspeed supercup exhaust or the pipes?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

by-pass pipes with DACH R's. I'm not a fan of the S.cups, and not because they're not mine, I just think they sound "wrong" for the 993. Sound however is totally a subjective and opinionated thing. For big money, I custom make a set of pipes with "fangs" that will hands down make your car the most popular thing at the track and sound like nothing else you'll loose the weight of the mufflers all together and tips will exit right off the cats and out of the bumper cover Not for the faint at heart
Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
luvH2O
Track Day

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Awesome. I assume there is a good sized weight savings between the stock and x-pipes? I'm adding these to my "wish list" ;-)

24-26 lbs for the stock cat vs. around 11 pounds for the "X" and 14 lbs for the cat pipe.

Out of curiousity, what cat material do you use?

Its stainless like the rest of the pipe. Please understand we do not manufacture the cat material, we build the pipes (currently) using pre-assembled cats. They are a 200 cell stainless "honeycomb" filter vs. the stock 400 ceramic. The stainless is much more efficient.
they looks like these http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/p...9&zmap=19642G#

not sure how to post a photo from another web site

you said the porsche cats are "junk"... but they are German, no? The ones above aren't. german doesn't make them better but... junk?

the ones in the link above are higher flow than the originals, yes.
the original porsche cats are metal, not ceramic
Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

11 posts and this is how you come out of the box eh? Nice What we do speaks for itself. Please don't come to this site and instill trash talking. If you have something constructive to say, become a member, post some qualifications, then we can have a conversation.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

not sure how to post a photo from another web site?

Right click,. copy image...it should go to your Image file.

One of these days 200 cell cats for me....mo money mo money
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM
luvH2O
Track Day

Originally Posted by 993inNC
11 posts and this is how you come out of the box eh? Nice What we do speaks for itself. Please don't come to this site and instill trash talking. If you have something constructive to say, become a member, post some qualifications, then we can have a conversation.
wow.
your response seems kind of out of line. I don't now where to start. out of the box? I've been lurking for over a year and set up a login many months ago. didn't realize people need to go through some sort of rite of passage.

what was "trash talking"?
I am trying to learn more but I guess I won't learn from you.
thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by luvH2O
they looks like these http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/p...9&zmap=19642G#

not sure how to post a photo from another web site

you said the porsche cats are "junk"... but they are German, no? The ones above aren't. german doesn't make them better but... junk?

the ones in the link above are higher flow than the originals, yes.
the original porsche cats are metal, not ceramic
Originally Posted by luvH2O
wow.
your response seems kind of out of line. I don't now where to start. out of the box? I've been lurking for over a year and set up a login many months ago. didn't realize people need to go through some sort of rite of passage.

what was "trash talking"?
I am trying to learn more but I guess I won't learn from you.
thanks
LOL. References to JC Whitney are not going to win you too many fans here, but maybe I'm a snobbish dilettante.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 AM
luvH2O
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
LOL. References to JC Whitney are not going to win you too many fans here, but maybe I'm a snobbish dilettante.
OK, I think I see the problem.
I really meant no offense. been looking at various 200 cell aftermarket cats and I noticed these look like the same cats in the pictures posted with the x cats. they are called Metal'cat or something like that. that's all. look at the photos.

just wasn't sure of the quality but if others are using them in their products maybe they are ok.

Quick Reply: Installed a set of Dachs Xpipes today