993 Forum 1995-1998

Alignment Methods

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default KInematic Toe tool

I believe that Chris Walrod was making a kinematic toe tool....along with lots of other goodies. I'll send him an e-mail and ask him to post up.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:20 AM
manila3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carnewal(www.carnewal.com) makes the KT too, Martin. Thanks for sharing their site for my other future needs.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 AM
J.PELLEGRINO
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have both the factory kinematic tool and the race part that goes on the rear caliper bolts. The factory tool works very well on cars that are not lowered too far beyond the standard street height. The race part is needed (along with the correct caliper bolts) to check and adjust cars that have been lowered beyond that point. We have the Hunter system and the string kit as well. We find if the car is within 20mm of ROW height, the Hunter system works well. If the car is any lower than that, we use the string method. All alignment (and corner weighting) at the shop are done on our alignment rack. As Steve points out, unless the platform is dead level and the tires are allowed to "float" any attempt at an accurate and repeatable alignment is questionable. We do have a set up pad that we use at race tracks, but that does require very careful set up. Just my 2cents...Be well, Jerry

Quick Reply: Alignment Methods