Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Temecula road and wine tour Oct 10th.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Temecula road and wine tour Oct 10th.

Good evening! We're going to have another Temecula road tour starting in Escondido and ending up in Temecula ON OCTOBER 10TH

Early start 6:30-7am, little driving here and there. We'll end up at Leonesse Cellars Winery (LINK) at about 10 am. I am fortunate enough to have a wife who works there who will be giving us a complimentary private tour of the winery, barrel room and production facility. She'll be blocking off the parking lot next to the tasting room so we can fit in there and get some photos of all the cars, if the wives/GF's want to meet you there they can park in the other lots (unless they have a nicer car than you). Previously we have had some great turnouts! (I know of some pretty hardcore show stopper cars coming already!)

The run will be figured out that day but normally will fit into the 3 hours. (It's pretty exciting. I've had people say that it was the best fun they ever had in their Porsche!)

When we get to the winery we will have time to socialize and take photos. From there we'll go on the wine tour. The tour is complimentary, however, if you chose to try some handcrafted award winning wine as we walk through, it would be $12 (I couldn't get her to bend on that part)...... But I want everyone to know that if you chose not to sample wine, it's perfectly fine. The only expectations are that we're there to meet up, drive, take photos, and have fun. Some of the guys are meeting wives, girlfriends at the winery at 10am for the tour too. There is also a restaurant there that opens for lunch, I'll be there for lunch....

If interested PM or post, I'll give more details to the folks that want to know.
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Last two runs....
Attached Images    
Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 AM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nuts. We'd love to join, but will be out of town. If you don't get a good response and end up moving to later in October, we could probably make it. Thanks for taking the lead and putting an idea out there for an event.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Jetmech
Racer

just moved from Ohio, so this ought to be fun. I don't have to worry if its going to rain, snow, be cold, etc. do you allow crappy old GT3's?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Pbbt, yeah due to the economy, GT3's are in now.

You'll enjoy this event. If the Significant Other isn't in to curvy roads, they can always meet at the winery.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kevin993
Nuts. We'd love to join, but will be out of town. If you don't get a good response and end up moving to later in October, we could probably make it. Thanks for taking the lead and putting an idea out there for an event.
Kevin, you were on one of the other ones right? I think I remember going up Palomar behind you....
Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 AM
vicrossi
Advanced

Bummer, I live up the road in Murrieta, but I'll be in Monterrey that weekend for the American Lemans season finale. Maybe next year.
Vic
Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Jetmech
Racer

my car is my Significant other. since the wife didn't want to move. and don't ask. who wouldn't want to move from ohio to san diego?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:23 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeeze, who owned the Enzo?
Will you be taking couser Canyon? My C2 won't keep up with supercars, but it should be a lot of fun!
All of the roads in that area are a ton of fun. Pending some sort of emergency, county me in!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Jetmech
Racer

can you send us address of where we are meeting. thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 AM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Kevin, you were on one of the other ones right? I think I remember going up Palomar behind you....
I was indeed. That was one of the best runs I've had up the mountain. I haven't been back yet and definitely have the itch for another run. We'll have to catch up on the next one.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jetmech
my car is my Significant other. since the wife didn't want to move. and don't ask. who wouldn't want to move from ohio to san diego?
Ah you'll like the winery, you never know who you'll meet there! The host is take BTW! But the ladies in the tasting room.....

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
Will you be taking couser Canyon? My C2 won't keep up with supercars, but it should be a lot of fun!
All of the roads in that area are a ton of fun. Pending some sort of emergency, county me in!
Couser Canyon, more details please....and I have a C2 also, so you'll be fine. There's all sorts of drivers out there and the best part is to have safe fun.

As for the Enzo owner, he's on Rennlist, somewhere.

Originally Posted by Jetmech
can you send us address of where we are meeting. thanks!
It'll be a PM when we are almost at the date!

Originally Posted by kevin993
I was indeed. That was one of the best runs I've had up the mountain. I haven't been back yet and definitely have the itch for another run. We'll have to catch up on the next one.

That was a fun run! You'll know when the next one is.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

I forgot to add, as of today:

9 P-cars
2 Lotus
4 F-cars
Old 10-02-2009, 02:31 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a reminder there is an Oktoberfest run Saturday as well, starts in Lakeside, up to Julian and ends at the El Cajon Oktoberfest. Beer this week, wine next week!

Couser Canyon is a fun, but tight road in Valley Center. There are lots of ways to get there but...
From the 15, exit Gopher Canyon, exit to the east.
Go south about a hundred feet on Old Highway 395.
Head East on Old Castle Road.
Make a left (heading North) on Lilac.
Make a left on Couser Canyon Road.
When you get to the 76 you can jump right onto Rice Canyon which takes you all the way to Rainbow.
PM me too when the time comes, my wife and I are in.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:33 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
the enzo is probably Bill's, he has quite a stable in his garage.

the first picture posted DOES look like Couser cyn, but i can't remember any parking like is shown.

SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no directions to Couser, please.
There are already too many cars out there messing up my bicycle rides............

Sounds like fun, count me in

cheers

Craig

Last edited by cgfen; 10-02-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Temecula road and wine tour Oct 10th.