Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Road trip to Louisiana

Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 PM
bpras@msn.com
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Road trip to Louisiana

We are thinking of taking road trip during the last two weeks in October. One of the ideas is head to Louisiana from Oklahoma City and stop at 2-3 different places as "bases" and explore the area near the bases. One of the bases would be New Orleans.

We are looking ideas of places to visit, eat, tour, festivals, etc.... and places we should avoid.

We both enjoy the outdooors, photography, good food (prefer the smaller places with great food to the 5 star experience). Any suggestions?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:47 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've stayed in the Garden District in New Orleans. Lots of B&B's there. This is an area west of the downtown riverfront. You can park your car and take the trolley into downtown.

Even though the French Quarter is sort of touristy, I had a great meal at Chef Paul's Louisiana kitchen. Lots of restaurants in that part of town. I'd walk around and look for a small one that appears to be crowded.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:29 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I grow up in the "Big Easy". There are a lot of great places to eat. Crappy places don't stay in business long. If you're in The French Quarter Cafe Maspero's is good. It is directly across the street from Jax Brewery - laid back atmosphere. The other place to visit for bagnets is Cafe Du Monde. Ask anyone there and they can tell you where it is. If you are in Metairie (suburb of New Orleans 15 minutes from The Quarter) you might want to give R & O's a try. They've got great Po'boys. Right around the corner from them is Deanies (seafood, seafood. and seafood - very fresh). My mouth is watering just thinking of the food. Have fun on the trip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: Road trip to Louisiana