Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Can I get some help on a Denver car?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
zechunique
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I get some help on a Denver car?

I sure would appreciate someone with a good eye looking at a car for me. Also, recommendations on a PPI shop in the area. Could be a time-sensitive opportunity on a high-mileage 993.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can help too, at least on the weekend, PM if interested. PPI shops, assuming more central Denver: Storz or Eurosport Limited (vs. Automotive).
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
zechunique
Racer

Gents -

Thanks for both your responses! I am very near purchasing this car!!!!!!

The seller and I have agreed on a price and a commitment, and I just need to verify that the car is as it was described - and it was a pretty strong description.

TroyN, I certainly don't mind another set of eyes! Do you have a contact at either of these shops you recommended? The car has been serviced at Storz in the past - I spoke to Mike today about it - he seemed very honest and helpful!

Any other feedback on this process is very welcome. The car is a 96 C4S manual with 100K miles and some attractive track-related upgrades.

The price is a bit of a stretch for my present bank account, so I have to make sure there are no surprises after I become the new owner.

Last edited by zechunique; 09-24-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RE: Storz, Mike and Bob, and yes both are honest and helpful. At Euro, Greg Johnson and Orren (sp?). I would have as part of the PPI a check of the valve guides since they can be an issue at that mileage and you don't want a surprise top-end needed. Please PM details if you want me to take a look; I don't always remember to recheck posts, and good luck!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Storz is a great place. John Eisenb ud at Eisenbuds if he's still in business. is also a great shop.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:13 AM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know that car. Very nice example given the miles. And the upgrades look very nice on the car. Looking forward to more pics of it when/if you get it.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:16 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on Eurosport 303-789-2545.

They did my PPI and were great to deal with.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
zechunique
Racer

Default Higer mileage major repair items?

oops - meant to start a new thread. (deleted content here...)

Last edited by zechunique; 09-25-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:44 PM
jhale
Pro

I've had a good experience at Storz as well. Eurosport did my corner balancing but I've found that they rarely answer the phone. Are they still in business?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:27 PM
zechunique
Racer

Default Help in Denver

jhale,

I called and left a message early this morning. Orrin called me back a short while later, and spent over an hour of his time talking me through a HUGE list of details on 993 + high miles in general - what a fantastic guy!! Knowing that I am well out of the area, he offered all kinds of insight and a free education - plus an offer to help with any follow-up I might need. I should add that a good portion of it has me thinking a lot - and he was clearly not trying to get PPI business out of me.

I'd like to offer a little plug for him and their shop, based on a very strong first impression!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
jhale
Pro

jhale,

I called and left a message early this morning. Orrin called me back a short while later, and spent over an hour of his time talking me through a HUGE list of details on 993 + high miles in general - what a fantastic guy!! Knowing that I am well out of the area, he offered all kinds of insight and a free education - plus an offer to help with any follow-up I might need. I should add that a good portion of it has me thinking a lot - and he was clearly not trying to get PPI business out of me.

I'd like to offer a little plug for him and their shop, based on a very strong first impression!
That's great to hear that they are still in business. Orrin did a great job on my cb project and I have no complaints other than I had trouble getting anyone to answer the phone. I think they would be a great PPI alternative since it sounded like Storz has worked on the car for the last few years. Either way, you have some good PPI options from garages that others (including myself) have had favorable experiences. Let me know if you need another eye as well on the car you're looking at. Always happy to help.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:21 AM
CDILL
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sinfulsteve
Storz is a great place. John Eisenb ud at Eisenbuds if he's still in business. is also a great shop.
Eisenbud is still around and he is always good for a story if you have a couple hours to spare.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can I get some help on a Denver car?